Thanks Moodz,meant to say rotary encoder.
cheers sido
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
PI CHIP
Collapse
X
-
Originally posted by sido View PostHi moods, very nice addition to the SPI you are working on. Would it be to much to ask in sending me a couple of the latest programmed pics when your done, Will bear all cost's involved, thank you.
I have a spare Blank SPI silverdog longboard which i have started to populate minus some parts as per your latest schematic to accommodate your pic SPI version on a separate board.
A quick question about the toggle switch. Is the center used as a momentary switch to change to different parts of the program menu? Where as the Left and right toggle is to adjust settings as usual?? Correct??
Why i say this is because i have a similar toggle switch from a hacked radio scanner but minus the center push button feature. I am thinking of adding a separate switch beside the toggle to do the same function as the toggle switch you are using, should work i think.
Sido
Thanks SIDO .. I presume by toggle switch you are referring to the rotary encoder .... the one from a scanner should work fine with a separate push button. This circuit is still in the experimental stage so results may vary .... I will make the pics and firmware available soon :-).
moodz
Leave a comment:
-
Hi moods, very nice addition to the SPI you are working on. Would it be to much to ask in sending me a couple of the latest programmed pics when your done, Will bear all cost's involved, thank you.
I have a spare Blank SPI silverdog longboard which i have started to populate minus some parts as per your latest schematic to accommodate your pic SPI version on a separate board.
A quick question about the toggle switch. Is the center used as a momentary switch to change to different parts of the program menu? Where as the Left and right toggle is to adjust settings as usual?? Correct??
Why i say this is because i have a similar toggle switch from a hacked radio scanner but minus the center push button feature. I am thinking of adding a separate switch beside the toggle to do the same function as the toggle switch you are using, should work i think.
Sido
Leave a comment:
-
.... I swapped a couple of pins ( audio and spi ) so I will have to compile a new hex ...
if you can wait a little I will get onto it.
Leave a comment:
-
Ditto 6666,like to try thisOriginally posted by 6666 View PostHi Moodz
ok on the filter,
it may be handy to attach the latest hex file that will work with the new schematic
here somewhere, as this should create some interest.
Cheers
Cheers
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Moodz
ok on the filter,
it may be handy to attach the latest hex file that will work with the new schematic
here somewhere, as this should create some interest.
Cheers
Leave a comment:
-
Version control system
Wonder if there is a version control system somewhere on this forum,
Would be good to have something like a subversion so that all the schematics , source code and any relevant documentation was stored in one place ,
Maybe separate folder for each project.
Then people could download all that stuff from one place, and be able to update schematics and submit their changes back,
Can always have multiple version or different branches worked on at the same time and then merge working and tested bits later,
What do you think?
Regards,
Denis
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks MoodzOriginally posted by moodz View PostHi Denis ... I will post up something you can print ....
moodz.
It was also a more general question as I have downloaded few of the multicolor multilayer PCB layouts and wondering if there is some software to separate the layers.
One option is to Photoshop select by color but it misses the cross section
And I'm sure there should be easier way to do it
Regards,
Denis
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by 6666 View PostHi Moodz
you have been busy, good work
I am but a mere mortal but R36 seems a bit high, is it really a 100k ?
cheers
R36 forms a low pass filter to control the gate voltage on the damping mosfet. We are using the mosfet as a variable resistor here not a pulse driver. Any noise on this will modulate the damping and cause false target noises.
moodz
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Moodz
you have been busy, good work
I am but a mere mortal but R36 seems a bit high, is it really a 100k ?
cheers
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Moodz,Originally posted by moodz View Post... and a board to match .... placed and routed but needs more work ..... watch this space.
moodz
which software can i use to print different layers of that PCB image ?
Regards,
Denis
Leave a comment:
-
-
Ok ... I have added the icing ....Originally posted by hdphilip View Postmoodz,
now that's cool
the Surf PI with the perfect computer interface, sweet!!!
This takes all of the guess work on setting up the timing!!!
The Mosfet damping would be icing on the cake!!
Philip
Q1 is the damping control Mosfet and is controlled by a filtered PWM signal.
Moved the sound to a PWM pin ... so you can have nice tones or clicking ( have to add menu item ).
Added an SPI port to the ICSP port which is also a TTL level RS232 port (so its a three way port LOL ). Never know when we might add some handy SPI chip to the Surf Pro
Added the crystal oscillator ( which was an oversight )
moodz
Leave a comment:
-
Lol, Ok ive wired all up, all thats needed for me to do now is drop the 5v down to 3.2v on my 16x2 which shall do by inserting 3 off in4007s in series , then build a programer for the ATmega, then a coil.Originally posted by moodz View PostOK Dave ... let us know how you go with it ... I see now what you were talking about ...I did not read that bit about the 10 bits I must of only read 9 of them ... ( a little joke there LOL ).
moodz.
What I will do Moodz is let you know how it fires up on here and then put the project on a new thread because otherwise it will hijack your thread which is unfair and very anoying for others.
Your circuit mods to Jims already nice circuit with his layout all controls fitted on the pcb and gagging for plugs and sockets rather than just soldered on random is a piece of art shall certainly go for that after ive finshed the pulse3 as ive got all main components in stock just sat there.
Thanks for your time
Regards
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: