Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gary's p1 circuit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gerson
    replied

    HeIlo gays,
    found that schematics and other information are available on the Thunting Forum in the download area.​

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    @Phatom Ah yes, it would be helpful if I actually had looked at what you told me to. Many thanks that is just what I needed.
    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • Phantom
    replied
    Again see #3 in:

    https://www.geotech1.com/forums/show...metal-detector

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    @Phatom

    Yes I have seen that schematic however I was referring to a complete one with the component values. Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Phantom
    replied
    Schematic is published in the post #6 of this thread, but it hasn't the values of the components.

    Some years ago I remember that in Gary's WEB page was all the information, including photographs of the PCB and the schematic with the values

    Now that Gary has passed away perhaps there are not problem to publish this information again. But, I can be wrong.

    I would like to hear your opinions

    Nevertheless, somewhere in the WEB I saw the complete schematic with values

    Regards

    Note: Also see #3 in:

    Last edited by Phantom; 07-12-2020, 04:17 PM. Reason: Information added in Note

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    Hi Gary, if you deside to end you electronic carreer could you please puplish all your shematics?
    It's too bad that the PI schematics did not get published.

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    i think this was adressed to Andi68 and not to me

    i care only for metal detectors

    but if i plan to build a electro fencer i would take the magnetron and other parts from a microwave oven
    Sorry Yes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Andi68
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    i think this was adressed to Andi68 and not to me

    i care only for metal detectors

    but if i plan to build a electro fencer i would take the magnetron and other parts from a microwave oven

    That will be more like an electric chair

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    i think this was adressed to Andi68 and not to me

    i care only for metal detectors

    but if i plan to build a electro fencer i would take the magnetron and other parts from a microwave oven

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    "bernte_one" A Car Coil Fencer puts out OVER 15KV and in a Very Fast Sharp Spike.
    And an Insulator is effectively a Capacitor.
    And this voltage Spike will travel right Though Many Insulators, Resulting in Shorting out the HV Wire.
    The More Insulators and or the Greater the Total Capacitance, the Greater the Loss
    If you look at the HV Wires going to the Spark Plugs on older cars, they are Suspended in Mid Air as Much as Possible, Because the Insulation on these wires is Totally Useless for this type of voltage.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	100KV Test Lead.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	351945
    Even two feet of this 100KV DC Test lead buried in Earth will Short out a car coil.

    Took him awhile to get Good Insulators, but One Guy in Hawaii is using my fencer-2 to stop Wild Boar on a 1 KM long Fence and its working good.

    Most Fencers put out a DC Pulse of Less than an 8KV which will Not Travel through Insulators.

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by Andi68 View Post
    Years ago I built the electric fence - it did not have any real strength
    Depends on Which one you built and How good your Insulators were?

    Leave a comment:


  • Andi68
    replied
    Years ago I built the electric fence - it did not have any real strength

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    Publish them to where?
    ---
    in electronics for dummies


    after building most Projects from first edt. it´s no fun, lot of things good complained but the Projects itself are a fail
    too much what can go wrong

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Want a Smaller PCB, I could do one up with all SMT Parts, But My Eye Sight isn't up to Soldering them.+
    ---
    good baby for you new pcb amigo.

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    Publish them to where?
    ---
    in electronics for dummies
    No I don't think so.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X