Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gary's p1 circuit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kt315
    replied
    Publish them to where?
    ---
    in electronics for dummies
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    Hi Gary, if you deside to end you electronic carreer could you please puplish all your shematics?
    What do you mean by PUBLISH them?
    Publish them to where?

    ALL Schematics (1000 or so) or just my detectors?
    I don't think I could do that, besides detectors are OLD Technology.

    Probably Much better out there today.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Hi Gary, if you deside to end you electronic carreer could you please puplish all your shematics?

    Leave a comment:


  • nonkapo
    replied
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like my father.After all these years in the electronics he do nont like to see them any more.
    KT thanks for the advise. I was looking at one to buy as the budget is not there for a microscope. Very handy item especially for smd.

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    But My Eye Sight isn't up to Soldering them
    ---

    look https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292341008591
    bought it. good.

    As I also Said, I Already have TOO MANY PARTS.
    Last thing I need is Thousands More.

    What I have will Soon go in the Garbage.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    But My Eye Sight isn't up to Soldering them
    ---

    look https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292341008591
    bought it. good.

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Mostly I like the Normal 555's best. PERSONAL PREFERENCE.
    I tend to buy all parts in hundred lots, and I Already have Far too many different Parts in stock, don't need to add more.
    And Considering the overall current draw on a PI Detector, The small amount of Current Saving by using the CMOS ones, is Not very much.
    At one time I did up a design with the 556's, but it really didn't change the PCB size by much.

    Want a Smaller PCB, I could do one up with all SMT Parts, But My Eye Sight isn't up to Soldering them.+

    And SOON to Completely QUIT this electronics.

    Leave a comment:


  • nonkapo
    replied
    Hi Gary,
    Just curious is there any particular reason why you do not use 556 instead? That will probably reduce the size of the PCB. Also have you ever try it with the CMOS 555's? Thinking of doing these my self but better to check with you first if there are any shortcomings(schematic specifics lets say interference etc)? Or it is just the component price or avaiability?
    Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by mohammadreza1100 View Post
    Be aware the original schematic have some intentionally mistakes.
    Not on the "ORIGIONAL" Schematics I Send Out.

    Leave a comment:


  • mohammadreza1100
    replied
    Be aware the original schematic have some intentionally mistakes.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Thanks Gary.

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Either 2 or 4 Diodes is Ok.
    This is just how I did it on my original proto and never changed it.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by chemelec View Post
    Yes I did Design this myself, back in March of 2002.
    Yes there are Simularities to a few other PI's, But believe me or not as it is Not Possible for me to prove this one way or another.

    And as Devor said: "Many Pi Detectors have Simularities".

    Personally, I really like and use the 555's in many of my projects as they allow for a very simple ease of adjustment. Simpler than C-mos IC's.
    And I Don't do Digital at all.



    Take care all...Gary
    Hi Gary
    just looking at your twin coil schematic design in post #6
    and just wondering what is your theory for the difference in the number of diodes on the input to the pre amp
    there are 4 diodes on the + pin3 and only 2 on the -pin 2
    why is that ? as in theory I guess, that the twin coils should have the same
    fly back voltage ?
    thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    6666 is talking about post #9 in this thread (page 1).
    He's correct. The link is broken -> http://chemelec.com/Projects/Metal-1...l-Pictures.htm
    Sorry, I Misunderstood.

    HERE is a CORRECT LINK:

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by chemelec View Post
    Seems like they all Works for Me.

    Specifically, Give me the Name on which one?
    And I will correct it.

    Or Email me the Info.
    6666 is talking about post #9 in this thread (page 1).
    He's correct. The link is broken -> http://chemelec.com/Projects/Metal-1...l-Pictures.htm

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X