Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replies to Minipulse Plus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Davor
    replied
    In a way that is the basic idea of adding another counter. You can't use D0 on a second counter because it is the same as D9 on a first one (or D8 in your attachment). Once I sort out some hiccups at work I'll see to the GB circuit.
    There are other ways to realise this circuit, but I prefer 4017 as it enables combining various timings in wired OR style.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Hi Davor thanks
    I'm interested in this GB system again for a number of reasons, one is to see what pulse width comes out of the 4017.
    if you are planning to add another counter is this attachment any help ?
    cheers.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    4093 is a Schmitt triggered device so the idea was to use that property, but after consulting multiple datasheets I realised that hysteresis of 4093 is slightly unpredictable. I therefore abandoned them.
    I'd suggest going for the latest circuit instead, not just because hysteresis is more predictable there, but also because the GB tune is done as a ratio to the main sample, which makes GB setting work for different main sample durations without readjustment.
    I decided to improve the original circuit by adding another counter and go with 1:3 or 1:4 main sample to GB, and also to integrate the Tx charge period within. that way I'd reduce attenuation with GB, and also I'd have the least possible idle time, therefore more depth. I'm lazy though, so don't hold your breath.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Davor

    I would like to have another try at your ground balance circuit, I was looking at making the first version that uses the 4093 chip
    are there any real problems with that version compared to the new version with the 4011 ?

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    thanks, i have done it, it was a combination of senility and tiredness lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by sinclairuser View Post
    if one wanted to add c19 in to a b rev board, which end does the + go to, sending myself round in circles with this.
    i know where it goes but does the + go to pin1 or pin4-8, it makes me mad when simple stupid stuff like this stalls me, since its all stuff i'm supposed to know.
    thanks
    CAS is correct.
    To confirm this for yourself, have a look at the schematic for REV-D -> Minipulse Plus REV-D

    Leave a comment:


  • CAS
    replied
    C19 +ve goes to pin 4/8, -ve goes to pin 1

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    if one wanted to add c19 in to a b rev board, which end does the + go to, sending myself round in circles with this.
    i know where it goes but does the + go to pin1 or pin4-8, it makes me mad when simple stupid stuff like this stalls me, since its all stuff i'm supposed to know.
    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    got some time to finish up the mpp and something i have noticed today was my kit is missing the 1 uf cap for c18, i had a wima 1uf so its ok.
    but i have an extra .47u cap, my kit was bought ages ago so it may not matter but you never know.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by sinclairuser View Post
    hi all, getting close to finishing i'll post some pics tomorrow, gone well so far even when you know what's what the build plan is fantastic(thanks george).
    when i'm done completely do i just send photos to you george via pm?, then you can put them in the completed thread, but i'd like it in its enclosure when you do that.
    Yes please. Send the photos to me, together with any comments, and I'll add you to the Hall of Fame.

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    hi all, getting close to finishing i'll post some pics tomorrow, gone well so far even when you know what's what the build plan is fantastic(thanks george).
    when i'm done completely do i just send photos to you george via pm?, then you can put them in the completed thread, but i'd like it in its enclosure when you do that.

    Leave a comment:


  • CAS
    replied
    Originally posted by scrungy_doolittle View Post
    Trying to get openstm32 configured to develop on it, but have had little luck. Can get a compile now, but no joy on downloading. Tried mbed (no debugging), coocox doesn't support it, emblocks, builds empty file.


    It has been a real struggle.
    Have you tried Keil uVision - MDK-ARM? There is a lite version you can download for free. Only allows 32kb but does support the Nucleo 411. Can always get full version to get more than the 32kb if it works. I think that I should have looked at what boards have supported IDE's first rather than just look at specs of board. The 411 is a little limited when it comes to supported programming tools but has great specs.

    Leave a comment:


  • scrungy_doolittle
    replied
    Originally posted by CAS View Post
    Here is a photo of my latest experiments with MPP all in a case ready to take into the field for testing.

    Has a rotary encoder to select different timing / sample experiments as well as small OLED to display various settings. I have set the case up so that I have options for the future.

    [ATTACH]32483[/ATTACH]
    Trying to get openstm32 configured to develop on it, but have had little luck. Can get a compile now, but no joy on downloading. Tried mbed (no debugging), coocox doesn't support it, emblocks, builds empty file.


    It has been a real struggle.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chet
    replied
    Hi CAS

    Thank you for the prompt reply. Looks like you are having good test results.

    I agree the MPIDE works well. I have been altering some of the sample programs trying to learn the C programming language. And copying some of the software routines to eventually control the MPP or a universal controller that can be adapted to other detectors.

    Regards,
    Chet

    Leave a comment:


  • CAS
    replied
    Originally posted by Chet View Post
    Hi CAS

    Nice job. Let us know how well it works. I have a MPP and a ChipKit and would like to do a similar experiment. Did you program it with the MPIDE or the MPLAB IDE software? So far I have got an OLED programmed and working but haven't started on the pulses and sampling.

    Have a great day,
    Chet
    A am just using the MPIDE. Its quick and easy. Adapting the Chipkit is pretty simple. I use a high speed isolator to control the sample gates and a high speed opto (due to the voltage gnd issues) to supply the pulses to the TX Fet and charge pump sync.

    I was experimenting this afternoon and found that using the timings based on the ratios Davor gave me, along with alternating main sample widths, I was able to increase the audio threshold a little and gain about 15 mm extra depth in air on my small 5mm x 5 mm aluminum test sample.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X