Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replies to Minipulse Plus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by josewashere View Post
    Today I tried a matched set of caps for c13 and c14 470nf Matched both to within 300pf and couldn't really notice any difference. No joy to be had. Measured old ones and they were 451nf and 435nf.
    I'm pleased that someone has tested the matched cap argument in practice. Personally I've never found any "detectable" difference (pun intended).

    Leave a comment:


  • josewashere
    replied
    Great work! Do you have a plain circuit diagram for the GB mod? and were it connects to the existing circuit? In my day we just used spice on the roast chicken lol.

    Today I tried a matched set of caps for c13 and c14 470nf Matched both to within 300pf and couldn't really notice any difference. No joy to be had. Measured old ones and they were 451nf and 435nf.

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by liudengyuan View Post
    Until now, no one can be better than Delta Pulse Pulse, whether or stability detection range, so for the average DIY, I think the best option is delta pulse
    Delta pulse follow brute force logic and you need your own power plant to supply it. This is why I dont like it.

    I prefer PI constructions like old Fisher Impulse design, one set of battery last for 100 hours.

    If Davor successfully finish all his MPP improvement ideas, this could be one of most complete PI design.

    Leave a comment:


  • liudengyuan
    replied
    Incremental pulse best choice

    Leave a comment:


  • joop
    replied
    Have you compared Delta Pulse to Minipulse Plus? What makes you say it is better?

    Leave a comment:


  • liudengyuan
    replied
    Until now, no one can be better than Delta Pulse Pulse, whether or stability detection range, so for the average DIY, I think the best option is delta pulse

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Please send me photos of your MPP, so that I can include them in the Completed Projects thread.


    Yes happy to when fully working.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Great work Davor my MPP has developed some sort of fault got to debug it, but will try to make your GB project asap.
    Please send me photos of your MPP, so that I can include them in the Completed Projects thread.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    GB circuit works! I made it on a protoboard together with a 555 generator to mimic real world timing, and I only skipped trimmers to avoid clutter - fixed values are OK for the proof-of-concept. Anyway, the timing works as it should. The next step is to place the components onto a perfboard and hook it to its proper places.
    The attached files are as follows:
    1. the corrected schematic using simple NAND CD4011 instead of a slightly unpredictable CD4093, and taking control over Schmitt trigger by means of simple resistors
    2. CRO photo of a same thing in jpg format - obviously working as advertised
    3. same thing, only as a zipped LTspice folder
    Great work Davor my MPP has developed some sort of fault got to debug it, but will try to make your GB project asap.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    It is completely disassembled at this moment. I'll put everything on a perfboard one of these days, but first I'll have to make a MPP work without it. It is populated (Ivconic style, but with IC sockets) and I have a coil, so it will be soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    GB circuit works!
    Do you have this connected to a Minipulse Plus, or is it just standalone at the moment?

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    GB circuit works!

    GB circuit works! I made it on a protoboard together with a 555 generator to mimic real world timing, and I only skipped trimmers to avoid clutter - fixed values are OK for the proof-of-concept. Anyway, the timing works as it should. The next step is to place the components onto a perfboard and hook it to its proper places.
    The attached files are as follows:
    1. the corrected schematic using simple NAND CD4011 instead of a slightly unpredictable CD4093, and taking control over Schmitt trigger by means of simple resistors
    2. CRO photo of a same thing in jpg format - obviously working as advertised
    3. same thing, only as a zipped LTspice folder
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    Ahh I see you need to find the resonant frequency and then
    back calculate the capacitance. I don't have anything to do
    that with at this time. Once I get a PI detector running I can
    pulse the coil and see what frequency it rings at.

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    the diameter is 7.5" or 19cm. How do you measure the capacitance?

    Leave a comment:


  • CAS
    replied
    Originally posted by Silver Dollar View Post
    I just ordered a PCB. Here's my BasketWeave Coil. It measures 320uh and 1.5 ohms.
    I'm hopeing it shields itself via the outer windings. I just drilled alternating holes approx.
    the size of 6 or 8 wires. If you look close I had to add an extra row as the wires take
    more space when wound. I don't have a working PI to try it on yet but soon.

    [ATTACH]30887[/ATTACH]
    What diameter did you make that coil and approx how many turns of wire? Any idea on what capacitance it turned out to be?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X