Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just started MPP project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Andi68
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • ahcene2035
    replied
    Excellent idea!


    Excellent idea!

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    All Parts on hand here. PCB's (TWO in case I like it) To many irons in the fire right now.Click image for larger version

Name:	POP.gif
Views:	4
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	348592

    Leave a comment:


  • Wahyu
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Did it work as advertised? If so, how well did it perform?
    Still waiting, i hope Davor GEB its working,,,,,

    Leave a comment:


  • multieagle
    replied
    Am awaiting parts, so will put project on hold. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    multieagle, connect both probes to a battery(9v or 12v) scope (5volts/div x1, probes x1) and (scope 5volts/div x1, probes x10). See if the traces show battery volts with probes x1 and .1x battery volts with probes x10.

    Leave a comment:


  • multieagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Chet View Post
    The signals are back but the voltages are wrong. Do your test probes have a label on them that says whether they are X1 or X10? See if you can now go to a faster sweep of 50 us or less.

    The frequency 1.059 KHz is correct; the 530 Hz is some kind of noise or signal distortion that is causing a false frequency reading. A can near the coil cannot effect the pulse rate of the 555 oscillator which is designed to pulse at a 1KHz rate.

    Chet
    I have CH1 attached to R3, and CH2 to TP1. I assume CH1 (R3) is causing the reaction to the can???? Here is a larger image at 50us and 2v each channel. I am steady at 1.06v which decreases when can is placed on coil. So must assume the can is causing the drain. Both CH1 & CH2 traces move approx. 2 divisions to the left (facing) when the can is on the coil. And when passed back and forth over the coil the trace also moves back and forth. If I go to 1v both channel traces disappear at 50us.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • multieagle
    replied
    The 530Hz appears only when the can is on or near the coil. Otherwise it is steady on 1.059KHz. So as far as I can tell, the can is the source of the drain.

    Gord

    Leave a comment:


  • Chet
    replied
    The signals are back but the voltages are wrong. Do your test probes have a label on them that says whether they are X1 or X10? See if you can now go to a faster sweep of 50 us or less.

    The frequency 1.059 KHz is correct; the 530 Hz is some kind of noise or signal distortion that is causing a false frequency reading. A can near the coil cannot effect the pulse rate of the 555 oscillator which is designed to pulse at a 1KHz rate.

    Chet

    Leave a comment:


  • multieagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Chet View Post
    Hi multieagle

    U2 will not effect TP1 or the flyback pulse. It looks like you have a bad connection on TP1 or a bad probe. Try changing probes or put both probes on TP1 and see if they work the same. Otherwise maybe the channel 1 input to your oscilloscope has gone bad.

    Chet
    Well Chet, do not know what happened, but when I switched probe locations, and hit AUTO, both worked perfectly (I think). Frequency now pulses between 530Hz - 1.059KHz. See attached. Also image both Channels at 5V.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Chet
    replied
    Hi multieagle

    U2 will not effect TP1 or the flyback pulse. It looks like you have a bad connection on TP1 or a bad probe. Try changing probes or put both probes on TP1 and see if they work the same. Otherwise maybe the channel 1 input to your oscilloscope has gone bad.

    Chet

    Leave a comment:


  • multieagle
    replied
    Originally posted by green View Post
    Hi multieagle. Looks like Ch1 probe x10 not x1, Ch 2 probe x1 not x10, trigger +(rising) not -(falling). Is trigger normal or auto? I think you should be able to look at flyback at 1 or 2 usec/div if can get trigger right, maybe not. Don't know why the shift when looking at the can.
    Thanks for sticking in there, green. The attached images show settings as per your instructions and where they must be on the Hantek to get a meaningful signal.
    The popcan is now registering differently. I'm getting movement on CH2 (R3) as follows: with popcan on coil: 151-529 Hz .... Popcan removed: 1.057KHz. I would assume this is shouting at me, "Signal is correct at R3, but something is wrong at TP1????" Does that make sense? So, are we back to a faulty U2?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Chet
    replied
    Hi multieagle

    I agree with green it looks like the sweep is not being triggered at a constant level. Can you move the two traces apart vertically so that the upper part of the flyback pulse is not crossing above channel 1. Then using channel 1 for the trigger source slowly adjust the trigger level to get the best stable display.

    Regards,
    Chet

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by multieagle View Post
    Well, something is working after a bit of fidgiting. When I place a popcan on the coil, the trace moves two divisions to the left. Images attached. Great having personal tutors! Thanks again fellows.
    Hi multieagle. Looks like Ch1 probe x10 not x1, Ch 2 probe x1 not x10, trigger +(rising) not -(falling). Is trigger normal or auto? I think you should be able to look at flyback at 1 or 2 usec/div if can get trigger right, maybe not. Don't know why the shift when looking at the can.

    Leave a comment:


  • multieagle
    replied
    Originally posted by green View Post
    Hi multieagle. I'm not seeing the trigger position indicator at the top of the screen. Set channel 1 scale and probe to x1, 5 volts/div. Set channel 2 display and probe to x10 and 50 volts/div Set trigger to edge, normal, ch1,- slope. Looking at the manual sometimes the trigger indicator is there sometimes not. In the manual the indicator is half way across the screen. It seems like you should be able to move it, but I don't see where. My scope, the indicator can move off screen if it isn't centered when switching to shorter times/div.(example 100usec/div to 10usec/div). Reply #64, Ch1 slope change isn't in the center and there isn't a trigger indicator on the screen. I think understanding the trigger might be the answer.
    Well, something is working after a bit of fidgiting. When I place a popcan on the coil, the trace moves two divisions to the left. Images attached. Great having personal tutors! Thanks again fellows.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X