Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MPP revE need help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by Albdelafar View Post
    And TADA [ATTACH]50229[/ATTACH]
    Big thank you to all of you for your help and your time !! My bad for this stupid mistake.
    Polymer elected as winner
    If you comme in south of France I give you one of my own brewed beer or two !!
    Congrats and good spotting that easy to over look issue.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Glad to see a successful conclusion to this one

    Leave a comment:


  • Albdelafar
    replied
    And TADA Click image for larger version

Name:	TaDa.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	357345
    Big thank you to all of you for your help and your time !! My bad for this stupid mistake.
    Polymer elected as winner
    If you comme in south of France I give you one of my own brewed beer or two !!

    Leave a comment:


  • Albdelafar
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    Oh Lord, I waited so long to see that flyback pulse, please let me see it before I die from flybat virus.

    Amen.
    No more than me I have just finished the work, your relief is near !!

    Polymer I use this one Click image for larger version

Name:	20200512_193426.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	727.8 KB
ID:	357343
    Is a bit thick but they had not thinner wire at store.

    Leave a comment:


  • Polymer
    replied
    Originally posted by Albdelafar View Post
    Damn I really need glasses I readed K instead of R....
    Thanks Polymer for this !! I think all be better with the good resistor value. I will try to replace it by 4 parrallel resistors 0.5w 3X 12R and 1X 20R to see if I can have a flyback voltage now.

    For my solder it is a very simple 30w.

    You are welcome! I mean what solder wire do you use. Leaded/Unleaded, brand name or chinese boat?

    Leave a comment:


  • Polymer
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    Oh Lord, I waited so long to see that flyback pulse, please let me see it before I die from flybat virus.

    Amen.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Oh Lord, I waited so long to see that flyback pulse, please let me see it before I die from flybat virus.

    Amen.

    Leave a comment:


  • Albdelafar
    replied
    Damn I really need glasses I readed K instead of R....
    Thanks Polymer for this !! I think all be better with the good resistor value. I will try to replace it by 4 parrallel resistors 0.5w 3X 12R and 1X 20R to see if I can have a flyback voltage now.

    For my solder it is a very simple 30w.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Well done Polymer

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Polymer View Post
    Albdelafar, in my components parts list R10 should be 3.3 Ohms NOT 3300 Ohms like you have! No wonder you are not getting much flyback.

    Solder side, I agree with Qiaozhi - what solder are you using?
    Well spotted!
    You can actually see the resistor is a 3k3 (instead of 3R3) from the photo of the board.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Albdelafar View Post
    I read the document and I follow all the instructions. I just past the damping step because I was waiting for resistors and pot to do the damping resistor tool.
    All the steps are working and the only problem I have is that I could measure the flyback voltage anywhere.
    I know my soldering is not very good but I checked with multimeter the pads until the pre-amp stage and I get no shorts to the ground.
    Another thing is when I change the damping resistor value the saturation time on TP3 change signe to me that my coil is right connected. And it is the same with my two coils.
    I think you are making this far too complicated. Simply wind a coil with 22 turns on a 250mm diameter, and connect a fixed resistor of 680 ohms for the damping resistor. This will be suitable for testing. Adjust the main damping delay to 20us and connect a scope to the output of the preamp. Then take snapshots from the scope with and without a target, and post them here.
    If you can also post a snapshot of the TX oscillator signal, that would be great.

    Leave a comment:


  • Polymer
    replied
    Albdelafar, in my components parts list R10 should be 3.3 Ohms NOT 3300 Ohms like you have! No wonder you are not getting much flyback.

    Solder side, I agree with Qiaozhi - what solder are you using?

    Leave a comment:


  • Albdelafar
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Did you actually read the part in the Build Documents were it says:

    "Please do not proceed to the next step until you have solved any problems encountered in the current step. If you get stuck at any stage during the build, then seek help in the Geotech forums before moving on. Do not simply populate the whole board; discover it doesn't work (which will be the most likely result) and then post in the forums: “I've built the Minipulse Plus, and it's not working. What's wrong?” …. as you will receive little sympathy from other Geotech members."

    I ask this because it looks to me like you've populated the whole board.
    Also, looking at the underside of the PCB, I can see several pads that appear to be shorted to the ground plane. It might be a good idea to tidy up the soldering.

    I read the document and I follow all the instructions. I just past the damping step because I was waiting for resistors and pot to do the damping resistor tool.
    All the steps are working and the only problem I have is that I could measure the flyback voltage anywhere.
    I know my soldering is not very good but I checked with multimeter the pads until the pre-amp stage and I get no shorts to the ground.
    Another thing is when I change the damping resistor value the saturation time on TP3 change signe to me that my coil is right connected. And it is the same with my two coils.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Did you actually read the part in the Build Documents were it says:

    "Please do not proceed to the next step until you have solved any problems encountered in the current step. If you get stuck at any stage during the build, then seek help in the Geotech forums before moving on. Do not simply populate the whole board; discover it doesn't work (which will be the most likely result) and then post in the forums: “I've built the Minipulse Plus, and it's not working. What's wrong?” …. as you will receive little sympathy from other Geotech members."

    I ask this because it looks to me like you've populated the whole board.
    Also, looking at the underside of the PCB, I can see several pads that appear to be shorted to the ground plane. It might be a good idea to tidy up the soldering.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X