Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MPP revE need help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sinaparsaeei
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Hi,

    If you are interested in building the MPP Rev E, I did a series of step by step videos that you might find to be helpful. You can find them here:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...x32pI5m-di2GTf
    Thankful

    Leave a comment:


  • Sinaparsaeei
    replied
    Can I use a large coil? Like a one-by-one meter coil? Sorry, I'm using Google Translator, I don't know much English

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Mini Pulse Plus

    Originally posted by Sinaparsaeei View Post
    Hi, I would like an explanation about the depth of exploration of mpp rev e, or a test video, thank you.
    Hi,

    If you are interested in building the MPP Rev E, I did a series of step by step videos that you might find to be helpful. You can find them here:

    Leave a comment:


  • Sinaparsaeei
    replied
    Hi, I would like an explanation about the depth of exploration of mpp rev e, or a test video, thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Polymer
    replied
    Originally posted by Albdelafar View Post
    It will be hard to take a brick from a monument incognito But if I found one i will try.

    I will see with the leaded solder... By the way with my huge experience I probably will not see any difference.
    I bought a wireless solder because I do not have many place to work in my flat and it's hard to find an electric plug and a the wire is anoying to me.
    Yes, yes, everyone will notice the hole live on webcam " ... another brick in the wall ... not where it should be"

    Fair enough about the soldering iron. Silly me, I thought of a WiFi powered soldering iron or something like that ... duh ... I realised I have a gas powered one myself ... I rarely use it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Albdelafar
    replied
    Just looked up why Toulouse is called the Pink City. Wow, would never have guessed this - pink bricks - with iron oxide.
    Would be interesting to see if and how much your MPP PI reacts to them.
    It will be hard to take a brick from a monument incognito But if I found one i will try.

    Do post your experience with the wireless soldering iron and if it meets your expectations. Why did you chose a wireless one if I may ask?

    You might be lucky with the leaded solder from Alibaba. If it does not wet the solder pads very well or smells strange ... oh, well ...
    I will see with the leaded solder... By the way with my huge experience I probably will not see any difference.
    I bought a wireless solder because I do not have many place to work in my flat and it's hard to find an electric plug and a the wire is anoying to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Polymer
    replied
    Originally posted by Albdelafar View Post
    Hi Polymer
    I live in Toulouse right now, the pink city like we say in France. It is between sea and ocean and near pyrenees mountains.
    Just looked up why Toulouse is called the Pink City. Wow, would never have guessed this - pink bricks - with iron oxide.
    Would be interesting to see if and how much your MPP PI reacts to them.

    Originally posted by Albdelafar View Post
    I have already ordered a small wireless soldering iron and lead wire on aliexpress. I hope they will be good, they had very good customer reviews.
    Do post your experience with the wireless soldering iron and if it meets your expectations. Why did you chose a wireless one if I may ask?

    You might be lucky with the leaded solder from Alibaba. If it does not wet the solder pads very well or smells strange ... oh, well ...

    Leave a comment:


  • Albdelafar
    replied
    Originally posted by Polymer View Post
    Thank You!

    I would feel honoured. Home brewed beer from a Frenchman - where they supposedly only drink wine. Cool.

    I might take you up on that offer one day, being in and around Europe for the time being.

    Are you on the Atlantic or Mediterrane side of southern France?

    Cheers, Polymer
    Hi Polymer
    I live in Toulouse right now, the pink city like we say in France. It is between sea and ocean and near pyrenees mountains.

    Originally posted by Polymer View Post
    You did quite a good job considering you used lead-free solder and a 30w iron.
    I use 1mm solder myself for these projects and its ok for me.


    Rothenburger is a well known brand, but more for copper fittings and such.
    I dont trust solders that do not state what the alloy is or which fluxing agents they contain.


    A few things you might want to consider if soldering some more through-hole boards:
    - Do try solder with lead like Sn60Pb40 or similar. It will be easier and better results.
    - Brands like Stannol, Felder, Balzer, Alpha, Kester, Edsyn etc. are fine.


    Spending more on a great solder is well worth it.


    It can be difficult to get leaded solder in Europe as an end consumer now.
    Local shops sometimes still have good stuff and will sell it to you.
    Online shops not so much - but auction sites will, from private offers.
    I have already ordered a small wireless soldering iron and lead wire on aliexpress. I hope they will be good, they had very good customer reviews.

    Leave a comment:


  • Polymer
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    I'm so relieved that the problem was found out.

    I'm presently working on some mods to my Minipulse. Trying to add a new VCO circuit to give a nicer tone in the ear noodles.
    If my experiments are good, I will upload the circuit mods.

    Yes,yes, yes, that is sweet music to my ears ... hope it works out.

    That just reminds me of a song from the 70s. "Turning music into gold" by John Stewart.

    Leave a comment:


  • Polymer
    replied
    Originally posted by Albdelafar View Post
    And TADA [ATTACH]50229[/ATTACH]
    Big thank you to all of you for your help and your time !! My bad for this stupid mistake.
    Polymer elected as winner
    If you comme in south of France I give you one of my own brewed beer or two !!
    Thank You!

    I would feel honoured. Home brewed beer from a Frenchman - where they supposedly only drink wine. Cool.

    I might take you up on that offer one day, being in and around Europe for the time being.

    Are you on the Atlantic or Mediterrane side of southern France?

    Cheers, Polymer

    Leave a comment:


  • Polymer
    replied
    Originally posted by Albdelafar View Post
    No more than me I have just finished the work, your relief is near !!

    Polymer I use this one [ATTACH]50227[/ATTACH]
    Is a bit thick but they had not thinner wire at store.
    You did quite a good job considering you used lead-free solder and a 30w iron.
    I use 1mm solder myself for these projects and its ok for me.


    Rothenburger is a well known brand, but more for copper fittings and such.
    I dont trust solders that do not state what the alloy is or which fluxing agents they contain.


    A few things you might want to consider if soldering some more through-hole boards:
    - Do try solder with lead like Sn60Pb40 or similar. It will be easier and better results.
    - Brands like Stannol, Felder, Balzer, Alpha, Kester, Edsyn etc. are fine.


    Spending more on a great solder is well worth it.


    It can be difficult to get leaded solder in Europe as an end consumer now.
    Local shops sometimes still have good stuff and will sell it to you.
    Online shops not so much - but auction sites will, from private offers.

    Leave a comment:


  • Albdelafar
    replied
    impatient to see the result

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I'm so relieved that the problem was found out.

    I'm presently working on some mods to my Minipulse. Trying to add a new VCO circuit to give a nicer tone in the ear noodles.
    If my experiments are good, I will upload the circuit mods.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    All hail the rotten apple

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Thank you Lord for sending Polymer to rescue us from eternal flyback pulse damnation.

    Orange, orange, orange turned out to be a rotten apple! Haha.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X