Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Open Metal Detector Project Charter
Collapse
X
-
But Ivconic, if some did have a detector that was better than the rest they could build it one a month by hand. And after 12 or so units that proved to be the best they could easily find someone to mass produce them. That is if they had a patent on the design. Or sell the patent to a large company and be set for life if was good enough!
Or just keep their idea "QUIET" till it had proven itself to work as they say, then hire someone (patent lawyer)to look to see if their idea was novel. Usually someone else has already patented it. But I figure there are new areas waiting to be figured out. No one has found it yet on a homemade detector.
Leave a comment:
-
Even that will be tough!Originally posted by kris View PostI think the China solution is the only way to beat greedlab

If you try to contact some of those manufacturers in China; first thing they will ask you is: "What is the quantity we are talking about?"
So if you name any number bellow 1000, like 50 ... 100 : most probably they will not talk with you again.
Or they will qualify your offer with dozen impossible (not payable) conditions.
At the end of a day your business will fail because of various taxes, import/export&shipment costs etc...
If you want to make business there; you have to be very rich man and to be ready to invest huge money in something which is not so sure and secure, otherwise forget it!
Those companies which are already there; they installed own product quality control and invested indeed huge money in such production, also installed own business agents there.
"China business" is not cheap as we may think here or as it was just 10-15 years ago. New times came. And new rules.
They are serious and demanding. Only "large players" with deep pockets are welcome there.
"Small potato" businessman with just few kilos of euros is not interesting for them any more.
Cheers!
Leave a comment:
-
Hey kris, I thought Carl made it adequately understandable that the mad rantings of certain people from the asylum you call Australian Electronic Gold Prospecting Forum made for a situation that Whites didn't want to know about or have their name associated with. So, perhaps Carl did show the QED to his masters and he was told politely to take it else where.Originally posted by kris View PostHey Carl why did you not show the QED you had to your masters at Whites looks like a double cross to some of us?
Leave a comment:
-
I like the royalty idea.Originally posted by Carl-NC View PostSid,
Sorry if I came across wrong... no one has crossed a line. Well, except Aziz. (Aziz, get a grip man, or we'll have to call the Men in White Coats.)
A lot of people have dreams of coming up with a killer metal detector and starting their own production. I'm arguing that the "start your own production" is a Big Mistake. Dave has sunk $1000's into it and 3 years later has nothing to show. He had a clear path to another way. Eric, on the other hand, struck a deal with White's and went on to work on other projects while cashing checks. I've been on both sides now, and that's the way to do it!
While we may all agree that one particular company is on a mission to own the (metal detecting) world, other companies will treat you fairly. I work for White's, we treat people well. I'm sure First Texas would, too. Probably Garrett & Tesoro. There are options. Trying to start up even a limited production will burn all your money, burn all your time, and suck all the fun out of the deal.
- Carl
What would be the criteria? How would one need to present a project? At what level of development?
How would one have to proceed to obtain information from a company, about what kind of detector they have an interest in?
All the major players do their market research and have a good idea of what the demand is. Even for them it is not easy to decide when to start on a new line of detectors.
For us hobbyists, who have much less market information available, this is much more difficult. We might spend years developing an excellent detector, only to find out that we have created a white elephant, that no major metal detector manufacturer or distributor has any interest in.
Tinkerer
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by kris View PostHey Carl why did you not show the QED you had to your masters at Whites looks like a double cross to some of us?
kris, been wondering what happened to you. Have not heard much from ya. I guess duggy drafted you back into service again.
Leave a comment:
-
Hey Carl why did you not show the QED you had to your masters at Whites looks like a double cross to some of us?
Leave a comment:
-
Sid,Originally posted by sido View PostLets get this straight and clear....if i have crossed a particular line of yours, because of what seams to be going on here, post's etc....please let me know. I was only giving options in regards to other posts.
Maybe you can inform me by email as to those circumstances above so i can understand your comments in respect to this threads integrity and avoid invasion.
Sorry if I came across wrong... no one has crossed a line. Well, except Aziz. (Aziz, get a grip man, or we'll have to call the Men in White Coats.)
A lot of people have dreams of coming up with a killer metal detector and starting their own production. I'm arguing that the "start your own production" is a Big Mistake. Dave has sunk $1000's into it and 3 years later has nothing to show. He had a clear path to another way. Eric, on the other hand, struck a deal with White's and went on to work on other projects while cashing checks. I've been on both sides now, and that's the way to do it!
While we may all agree that one particular company is on a mission to own the (metal detecting) world, other companies will treat you fairly. I work for White's, we treat people well. I'm sure First Texas would, too. Probably Garrett & Tesoro. There are options. Trying to start up even a limited production will burn all your money, burn all your time, and suck all the fun out of the deal.
- Carl
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Qiaozhi View PostI repeat (and I hate having to do that):
In that case, please stick with the technical discussions and stop ranting about Minelab and Bruce Candy.
I think we've all heard enough now.
Ok, the message is sent anyway.
I'm happy with it.
Aziz
Leave a comment:
-
I repeat (and I hate having to do that):Originally posted by Aziz View PostMaybe I should tell to the members here right now:
Bruce Candy wants to own the whole metal detecting science!!!!
But the natural laws can't be owned!
In that case, please stick with the technical discussions and stop ranting about Minelab and Bruce Candy.
I think we've all heard enough now.
Leave a comment:
-
Maybe I should tell to the members here right now:
Bruce Candy wants to own the whole metal detecting science!!!!
But the natural laws can't be owned!
Leave a comment:
-
In that case, please stick with the technical discussions and stop ranting about Minelab and Bruce Candy.Originally posted by Aziz View PostCalm down my friend. I don't take any drugs.
I like the metal detecting science....
But you don't understand the real point...
Aziz
I think we've all heard enough now.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: