Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Metal Detector Project Charter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dougAEGPF
    replied
    Originally posted by UrbanFox View Post
    Would it be breaching your copyright if I sent a copy to a certain company so they have it on file for submission as evidence to the court if that ever became necessary? It would make a good exhibit don't you reckon?? Would you say you are trying to influence the direction a certain company takes with respect to court action they may be currently involved in to protect their IP? I am interested to know what you expect to achieve, and would be surprised if others are not also interested..
    You conveniently forget why the open detector charter thread came about! A certain company may well attempt to jump on this next! Hammerhead III PI: An advanced and scalable PI design using a PIC micro for timing control and signal processing.

    It was a current Geotech member that alerted me to his post. He has told me that he will take it to the US patent office examiners if a certain company applies for a US patent. He is furious, appalled and disgusted about how a certain company has behaved!

    I thank him for alerting me to his post which only I access!
    dougAEGPF

    Leave a comment:


  • UrbanFox
    replied
    Originally posted by dougAEGPF View Post
    Please cease and desist from breaching my copyright!
    dougAEGPF
    Would it be breaching your copyright if I sent a copy to a certain company so they have it on file for submission as evidence to the court if that ever became necessary? It would make a good exhibit don't you reckon?? Would you say you are trying to influence the direction a certain company takes with respect to court action they may be currently involved in to protect their IP? I am interested to know what you expect to achieve, and would be surprised if others are not also interested..

    Leave a comment:


  • dougAEGPF
    replied
    Originally posted by UrbanFox View Post
    Doug, I notice that in a part of your forum you made a post (yesterday, was it) .....

    "This is a portion(a screen shot) of very long post (describing saving detector settings for a particular location and then recalling them at the same location at another time) that was on my first forum a long time before a WIPO patent application to protect the technology used in the latest detector by a well known company
    I am advised that its quite sufficient to invalidate the patent! I will sit on it and see if this well known company now decides to behave fairly and reasonably.If so then the post will stay with me otherwise it will go to the patent examiners!
    doug "


    Can I ask you Doug, would you describe your post as an attempt at Blackmail or Extortion...which one do you think?? You are wanting a certain outcome from certain legal action currently occurring with a certain company. Could I suggest that if you have reason to believe that a patent will not stand up to scrutiny then act on it instead of going on like the grandstanding but impotent "Official Minelab Basher" you are known to be.

    http://www.finders.com.au/forum/view...dered&start=26
    Please cease and desist from breaching my copyright!
    dougAEGPF

    Leave a comment:


  • UrbanFox
    replied
    Originally posted by dougAEGPF View Post
    At least most of my forum is open for guests to read and make up their own minds in contrast to your closed, member only "forum"!
    dougAEGPF
    Doug, I notice that in a part of your forum you made a post (yesterday, was it) .....

    "This is a portion(a screen shot) of very long post (describing saving detector settings for a particular location and then recalling them at the same location at another time) that was on my first forum a long time before a WIPO patent application to protect the technology used in the latest detector by a well known company
    I am advised that its quite sufficient to invalidate the patent! I will sit on it and see if this well known company now decides to behave fairly and reasonably.If so then the post will stay with me otherwise it will go to the patent examiners!
    doug "


    Can I ask you Doug, would you describe your post as an attempt at Blackmail or Extortion...which one do you think?? You are wanting a certain outcome from certain legal action currently occurring with a certain company. Could I suggest that if you have reason to believe that a patent will not stand up to scrutiny then act on it instead of going on like the grandstanding but impotent "Official Minelab Basher" you are known to be.

    Find information, resources and relevant links for finders.com.au. This domain may be for sale.

    Leave a comment:


  • dougAEGPF
    replied
    Originally posted by PATCHES JUNIOR View Post
    Doug, I have not deleted most of my post on Finders like you have. If the readers here want to get a taste of your post they need to go here.



    I have other places for the readers here if they want to learn more about you!
    What posts have I deleted on finders? Just another example of your lies and why you can't be trusted! At least most of my forum is open for guests to read and make up their own minds in contrast to your closed, member only "forum"!
    dougAEGPF

    Leave a comment:


  • PATCHES JUNIOR
    replied
    Originally posted by dougAEGPF View Post
    People can make up their own mind about Patches Junior by going to Finders forum and searching for all the posts by him.He also has his own forum but is too ashamed(and perhaps too frightened of legal action?) to open it for public viewing.He also has had an earlier forum KWEDY) which was specifically set up to attack and discredit the QED detector! He change of avatar is just typical of his behavior! Misleading,deceptive and not to be trusted!
    dougAEGPF
    Doug, I have not deleted most of my post on Finders like you have. If the readers here want to get a taste of your post they need to go here.



    I have other places for the readers here if they want to learn more about you!

    Leave a comment:


  • PATCHES JUNIOR
    replied
    Originally posted by chudster View Post
    Patches,

    Thanks for your reply.

    Just to clear the air once and for all. I presume it also means that you are not a dealer in the industry, and do not make your living from it. Please confirm and tell us about your preferences or otherwise for Minelab or any other detector manufacturer or technology.

    This is not about Doug, it is about you. I am sorry to press this point but it should be on the record given that you changed your Avatar when you signed up. I have no other agenda than to clear the air for once and for all so that we can move on to focus on Excellent detector designs.

    Chudster
    I have had just about every brand of detector made from the early BFO's of the 60's. Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Bountyhunter, Minelab, etc. For gold hunting I use a 2200 Minelab. I have a old Garrett Ground Hog still I dig out now and then for coin shooting old areas.

    Leave a comment:


  • dougAEGPF
    replied
    Originally posted by chudster View Post
    Patches,

    Thanks for your reply.

    Just to clear the air once and for all. I presume it also means that you are not a dealer in the industry, and do not make your living from it. Please confirm and tell us about your preferences or otherwise for Minelab or any other detector manufacturer or technology.

    This is not about Doug, it is about you. I am sorry to press this point but it should be on the record given that you changed your Avatar when you signed up. I have no other agenda than to clear the air for once and for all so that we can move on to focus on Excellent detector designs.

    Chudster

    People can make up their own mind about Patches Junior by going to Finders forum and searching for all the posts by him.He also has his own forum but is too ashamed(and perhaps too frightened of legal action?) to open it for public viewing.He also has had an earlier forum KWEDY) which was specifically set up to attack and discredit the QED detector! He change of avatar is just typical of his behavior! Misleading,deceptive and not to be trusted!
    dougAEGPF

    Leave a comment:


  • chudster
    replied
    Originally posted by PATCHES JUNIOR View Post
    Chudster, I have not ever had any affiliations what so ever with Minelab besides buying a detector 10 years ago. Doug thinks I work for Minelab, but in turn it seems he is the hardest worker degrading Minelab as he has done for 10 years. You know how he is.
    Patches,

    Thanks for your reply.

    Just to clear the air once and for all. I presume it also means that you are not a dealer in the industry, and do not make your living from it. Please confirm and tell us about your preferences or otherwise for Minelab or any other detector manufacturer or technology.

    This is not about Doug, it is about you. I am sorry to press this point but it should be on the record given that you changed your Avatar when you signed up. I have no other agenda than to clear the air for once and for all so that we can move on to focus on Excellent detector designs.

    Chudster

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    ... and the marmots wrap the chocolates and send them to us

    Leave a comment:


  • PATCHES JUNIOR
    replied
    Originally posted by chudster View Post
    Doug,
    I understand your opinion. But it is time for Patches to tell us in his own words about any affiliations so folks can understand those in working with him. If not then they can decide if he is true to the code that he signed up to. People can form their own opinion on the basis of his response.

    I re-iterate that an open project is open to all by definition but that does not mean that participants need to work with anyone that does not establish trust. That issue though should preferably be approached 'without prejudice'.

    Chudster

    Chudster, I have not ever had any affiliations what so ever with Minelab besides buying a detector 10 years ago. Doug thinks I work for Minelab, but in turn it seems he is the hardest worker degrading Minelab as he has done for 10 years. You know how he is.

    Leave a comment:


  • chudster
    replied
    Originally posted by dougAEGPF View Post
    Patches junior has used his avatars purely to be controversial and stir up trouble! He is a well known forum stirrer, forum troll and trouble maker! He is also a well know, obsessive pro ML fanatic! He should not be part of the group because if he is then the group is asking for trouble!! In my opinion he cannot be trusted and i question his both his honesty and integrity.
    dougAEGPF.
    Doug,
    I understand your opinion. But it is time for Patches to tell us in his own words about any affiliations so folks can understand those in working with him. If not then they can decide if he is true to the code that he signed up to. People can form their own opinion on the basis of his response.

    I re-iterate that an open project is open to all by definition but that does not mean that participants need to work with anyone that does not establish trust. That issue though should preferably be approached 'without prejudice'.

    Chudster

    Leave a comment:


  • PATCHES JUNIOR
    replied
    Originally posted by dougAEGPF View Post
    Patches junior has used his avatars purely to be controversial and stir up trouble! He is a well known forum stirrer, forum troll and trouble maker! He is also a well know, obsessive pro ML fanatic! He should not be part of the group because if he is then the group is asking for trouble!! In my opinion he cannot be trusted and i question his both his honesty and integrity.
    dougAEGPF.

    Well look who is calling the kettle black. Your such a little angel.

    Leave a comment:


  • dougAEGPF
    replied
    Originally posted by chudster View Post
    Patches, given that the affiliation with industry is important and the Code of Conduct requires this to be stated. "I will declare conflicts of interest with industry. If I work for or obtain my living as an employee, agent or contractor or hold any other particular allegiance to a company that sells metal detectors or their components, then I will declare that openly and preferably note that in my forum signature or another prominent place in my communications."

    Unfortunately by changing your avatar (a prominent place in your communications) you have appeared to have declared some allegiance to Minelab. You have now said that is not the case. Could you please post to clarify any industry assocation? You need to properly clear the air. People need to have confidence of this point to decide whether they work with you.

    Additionally, if you have no industrial allegiance or preference for any company's technology and have done this to be 'controversial' then please do not be inflammatory. It distracts us from what is important: Excellent detector designs.

    Chudster
    Patches junior has used his avatars purely to be controversial and stir up trouble! He is a well known forum stirrer, forum troll and trouble maker! He is also a well know, obsessive pro ML fanatic! He should not be part of the group because if he is then the group is asking for trouble!! In my opinion he cannot be trusted and i question his both his honesty and integrity.
    dougAEGPF.

    Leave a comment:


  • chudster
    replied
    Originally posted by PATCHES JUNIOR View Post
    How is my avatar now WM6 & Tinkerer? Is not Whites a major player? I am sure you will accept me better now, no?

    And WM6, what make of coil is that in your avatar??
    Patches, given that the affiliation with industry is important and the Code of Conduct requires this to be stated. "I will declare conflicts of interest with industry. If I work for or obtain my living as an employee, agent or contractor or hold any other particular allegiance to a company that sells metal detectors or their components, then I will declare that openly and preferably note that in my forum signature or another prominent place in my communications."

    Unfortunately by changing your avatar (a prominent place in your communications) you have appeared to have declared some allegiance to Minelab. You have now said that is not the case. Could you please post to clarify any industry assocation? You need to properly clear the air. People need to have confidence of this point to decide whether they work with you.

    Additionally, if you have no industrial allegiance or preference for any company's technology and have done this to be 'controversial' then please do not be inflammatory. It distracts us from what is important: Excellent detector designs.

    Chudster

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X