Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY TGSL STEP BY STEP BUILDING AND TESTING

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • chuubaba
    replied
    I am yet to move towards coil building

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Pay attention to type of epoxy, using a slow curing type and epoxy which doesn't "pull" as it cures.
    I used epoxy resin of cheap fast cure and it pulled like ****.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Balancing the coils is a bit tricky at first, but now it's very easy to do even without oscilloscope believe it or not. I it small plastic bolt to fine tune coil after sealing with epoxy as I found the fine nulling always change after epoxy cured.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    My first TGSL build was successful.
    I had problems with my first coil because I didn't use correct gauge wire, my inductances were off by miles.
    The other problem I had was with FET's, I used incorrect pinouts the first time but realized the mistake and corrected it
    The last problem was I couldn't get chatter, so I did small mod I found on TGS thread that gave chatter, so now had ability to tune to max sensitivity( just before chatter
    The final problem I had was shielding, I eventually used very good shielding salvaged from cable used to bring cable signal from road to house. It was perfect diameter for wrapping coil longitudinally instead of spiral.
    I used the Version 3 layout
    I found that Tl082 work better for me in one of the chips.
    Now I'm very happy with its performance

    Leave a comment:


  • chuubaba
    started a topic DIY TGSL STEP BY STEP BUILDING AND TESTING

    DIY TGSL STEP BY STEP BUILDING AND TESTING

    Recently have been trying to build TGSL ver.3 as posed in sticky post. Gave it three attempts but all failed. I conclude its time a step by step building and testing procedure is prescribed to facilitate enthusiasts with my level of experience (my level is -10) .
    Contribution by seniors gurus will help me a great deal whilst members at large benefit from it too.
Working...
X