Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY TGSL STEP BY STEP BUILDING AND TESTING

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • daluka
    replied
    Originally posted by chuubaba View Post
    Just worried about those capacitors as to whether they are 100pf or 100nf.....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	100n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	351795

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    These are not errors. The component values in the schematic will provide a cutoff frequency for the filter of 15.4Hz. Other combinations of values can be used to give the same result. Please see page 93 of ITMD.
    he must do a detector then he can find up the gold and on the money will buy ITMD. now he does not have the money on ITMD.

    ))))

    Leave a comment:


  • daluka
    replied
    del, duplicate response
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • qute1
    replied
    Good job i would er on the side of 100nf if in doubt as it can only improve the smoothing (less noise as the ceramics are inherently so).

    Leave a comment:


  • chuubaba
    replied
    I am 98% sure the instant TGSL board is a success after i removed a nano sized short circuit in audio circuit. The heating resistor has also cooled down. I will be 100% sure after i test it with specific coil
    Just worried about those capacitors as to whether they are 100pf or 100nf.....

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by chuubaba View Post
    Qiaozhi i see that designers introduce changes in circuits that vary from schematic for example the order of placement for resistor and diode are different in TGSL schematic [ATTACH]43701[/ATTACH] and pcb design [ATTACH]43700[/ATTACH]. Are these errors or calculated deviations ? Do such deviations from schematic cause change in performance ?
    I like this question, in bypassing, it makes big difference. Bypass cap needs to be as close to the power pin of chip as possible.
    But in feedback(as in this case) , the order is not relevant as far as I am aware, they are all connected in parallel.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by chuubaba View Post
    Qiaozhi i see that designers introduce changes in circuits that vary from schematic for example the order of placement for resistor and diode are different in TGSL schematic [ATTACH]43701[/ATTACH] and pcb design [ATTACH]43700[/ATTACH]. Are these errors or calculated deviations ? Do such deviations from schematic cause change in performance ?
    These are not errors. The component values in the schematic will provide a cutoff frequency for the filter of 15.4Hz. Other combinations of values can be used to give the same result. Please see page 93 of ITMD.

    Leave a comment:


  • chuubaba
    replied
    It is also time to make a proper coils for the TGSL. Here is the coil design i made in software Click image for larger version

Name:	coil drawing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	351789 It is exactly 255mm x 137mm as prescribed in 101 document. It is easily printed on legal size paper. I will share the file here for dummies and idiots so they can use and for the so called genius so that they can criticize. And here is the tin plated 30AWG .25mm copper wire Click image for larger version

Name:	30awg.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	351790.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    It just keeps getting worse. For the love of humanity, please stop. I think I'm gonna break down and cry.

    Leave a comment:


  • chuubaba
    replied
    I truly appreciate your effort to guide me. I think some people lack sufficient knowledge so they take comfortable refuge in making jokes about others
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    It's called empathy.

    Leave a comment:


  • chuubaba
    replied
    Qiaozhi i see that designers introduce changes in circuits that vary from schematic for example the order of placement for resistor and diode are different in TGSL schematic Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	351788 and pcb design Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	351787. Are these errors or calculated deviations ? Do such deviations from schematic cause change in performance ?

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    It's called empathy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    This has all been s little too much, I feel depressed and sad. Boy, I never thought that it could get to this sad state of affairs. You guys just keep piling it on.
    I didn't think it was you that started this thread.

    Leave a comment:


  • chuubaba
    replied
    Dbanner you have been very supportive and helpful. I am sure things transpire in similar fashion for dummies like me and that's how dummuies would react. Some may choose to remain silent and try to read out of the problems but i am not that kind of dummy. It is a good thing that i don't have phone numbers of you people else answering my questions would have been a nightmare for you .
    I really appreciate your support as you kept coming back again and again to guide a dummy. I intend to write a summary of all steps in my own words so anyone with my level of IQ can benifit. Unfortunately my TGSL project is not complete yet so expect tons of more questions.

    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    This has all been s little too much, I feel depressed and sad. Boy, I never thought that it could get to this sad state of affairs. You guys just keep piling it on.

    Leave a comment:


  • chuubaba
    replied
    It was a near perfect first millimeter of the first step in a step by step guide on how to own and operate a desktop computer with word perfect

    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Can't think why, but for some reason I'm reminded of this story:

    “Word Perfect Technical support; may I help you?” “Yes, well, I’m having trouble with WordPerfect.”
    “What sort of trouble?”
    “Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away.”
    “Went away?”
    “They disappeared.”
    “Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?”
    “Nothing.”
    “Nothing?”
    “It’s blank; it won’t accept anything when I type.”
    “Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?”
    “How do I tell?”
    “Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?”
    “What’s a sea-prompt?”
    “Never mind. Can you move the cursor around on the screen?”
    “There isn’t any cursor: I told you, it won’t accept anything I type.”
    “Does your monitor have a power indicator?”
    “What’s a monitor?”
    “It’s the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it’s on?”
    “I don’t know.”
    “Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?”
    …..”Yes, I think so.”
    “Great! Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it’s plugged into the wall.”
    …..”Yes, it is.”
    “When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?”
    “No.”
    “Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable.”
    …..”Okay, here it is.”
    “Follow it for me, and tell me if it’s plugged securely into the back of your computer.”
    “I can’t reach it.”
    “Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?”
    “No.”
    “Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?”
    “Oh, it’s not because I don’t have the right angle-it’s because it’s dark.”
    “Dark?”
    “Yes-the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window.”
    “Well, turn on the office light then.”
    “I can’t.”
    “No? Why not?”
    “Because there’s a power outage.”
    “A power… A power outage? Aha! Okay, we’ve got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?”
    “Well, yes. I keep them in the closet.”
    “Good! Go get them and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from.”
    “Really! Is it that bad?”
    “Yes, I’m afraid it is.”
    “Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?”
    “Tell them you’re too stupid to own a computer.”

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X