Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TGSL troubleshooting questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • zoomtronic
    replied
    I found mistake, rx cap 15n were damaged and shorted, now i have rx and tx, and it works. i have nulled coils not so good, i have 300mv on pin 7 but i have to build coil in housing so then i will null it properly , now i have 10 cm for Serbian 5 dinars - it is similar to 1 Eur.
    Good for me for knowing electronics, this is no project for newbie , so many things to take care of. When i null coil, will test detector and give my judgment. $ now it looks promising

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by zoomtronic View Post
    the 119mv is constant, does not change at all, even if i put some metal or ferite object on coil or moving above coils, no sound produced from speaker.
    Only sound is when i turning on device and turning off, and only then sound is coming from speaker
    Sounds like you have a very basic problem either with the way that you are measuring or with U101a. Do you have a scope? What happens if you measure the frequency at u101a pin 7? I just want to verify that you can see an amplified sinewave.

    Leave a comment:


  • zoomtronic
    replied
    the 119mv is constant, does not change at all, even if i put some metal or ferite object on coil or moving above coils, no sound produced from speaker.
    Only sound is when i turning on device and turning off, and only then sound is coming from speaker

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    10mV on pin 7 is OK.
    Regarding detection distance, do you get 20cm with or without chatters? Chatters are indication on a noise floor, and as it is very annoying with binary sound, detectors tend to be set for lower sensitivity or higher threshold to avoid chatters. If you can't experience chatters in the most sensitive position on Sens /thresh., you could use more gain in your system.
    BTW, what chips do you use?

    Leave a comment:


  • sini
    replied
    Dear friends,
    I have question. How can I reach best result in nulling DD coil. I null DD coil only by overlapping Rx and Tx coils. Is the searching coil best nulled when on pin 7 of U101a is minimal voltage ? I can null coil (on pin 7 of U101a) to 10 mV. Is here any next nulling trick ? I made already 5 coils, but my maximal deep detection air distance is only 20 cm on 1 EUR. I will be satisfied, if I reach 30 cm air distance. Please, can you help me. Thanks, Robert

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Try playing with a small coin sized chip of a milk carton at various positions to find a deeper null

    Once you find a spot, and it is placed somewhere on a coil body, simply attach it with some glue. By geometry (or a small piece of ferrite) you can null only the components at phase with Tx, but not those at angle. A small piece of foil does that, and the thinnest foil is found in multi-layered milk cartons.

    Leave a comment:


  • zoomtronic
    replied
    I fixed oscillator, it oscillates on 14KHz but can not null coils, i have 119mv on pin 7 of U101a
    no matter what i do, move coils or turning them upside down it is still the savme 119mv, any idea?

    Leave a comment:


  • zoomtronic
    replied
    My chopper didn't work, i fixed that, now i have problem with oscillator

    Leave a comment:


  • zoomtronic
    replied
    Hi, I have assembled TGSL and now on first run i have nothing from speaker, it is dead... no sound On the pictures sockets are not populated with IC-s, those are pictures of ongoing buiding. I have 7.9v after 7808, and 0.802v on pin 4 of LM358 (u107b)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P5191498.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	673.9 KB
ID:	336692Click image for larger version

Name:	P5191499.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	746.2 KB
ID:	336693Click image for larger version

Name:	P5191502.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	720.5 KB
ID:	336694Click image for larger version

Name:	P5191504.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	698.4 KB
ID:	336695Click image for larger version

Name:	P5191506.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	861.5 KB
ID:	336696Click image for larger version

Name:	P5191507.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	824.5 KB
ID:	336697

    Leave a comment:


  • ashefr10
    replied
    hello , hello, parasites are present mainly inside, the outside is no problem, even when with a little wet grass. I've had to change things a little so put a capacitor on the 220 ​​k resistor on the noninverting input of the LF353, I also changed at this screen I covered the receiver part on the circuit board so part LF353 covered foil plasticized connected to ground. and since it is much more stable. I said that this is the version TGSL SMD. I am now trying to make the pro idx. I crafted the 2 double-D coils. therefore I still cabler, I will definitely need your help. In any case, thank you for everything. Are very competent people on this forum!

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ashefr10 View Post
    Hello, since a few days my crackling same detector sensitivity minimum. the batteries are new. it occurs in all metal and discrimination. I changed all integrated circuits anything done. I check if the coil is not cut no problem either. thank you if you can help me.
    Hi ashefr10:

    Where are you testing? Indoors or outdoors away from any power lines, etc?

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ashefr10
    replied
    56 mV

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    It does not say much because this pin is very sensitive to any kind of signal. What is the DC voltage at pin 7?

    Leave a comment:


  • ashefr10
    replied
    in pin 5 of LF353 my hand when I approach it beep

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Can you make a video? I have no idea, but a video may help.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X