Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Universal PI Micro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Bill View Post
    I sure as heck would not go through all of the r&d work BW has done just to give it away. There are some free loaders lurking about these days

    Apparently not everyone is driven by greed. I've followed BW's threads with great interest as it appears to be one of the most superior projects here. What disapoints me is that status is not merited by intelligence but by favouritism. It's blatantly obvious that this guy knows more about ee than most that post on this site. I have no doubt he's capable of a design that matches or exceeds any commercial design made.

    I will agree there are freeloaders lurking about but I also see lots of "wannabee's" with little to no knowledge. If the commercial project can come up with anything even close to this design I'll be happy for them but at the same time extremely surprised.

    IMO

    Leave a comment:


  • bugwhiskers
    replied
    Hi unregistered,

    I have been very busy of late and this has stalled progress on the software somewhat. I am in fact using the UPIM board to test out some promising methods of detection/discrimination which has eaten up what little spare time I did have. The source code will be in assembler only as the assembler comes free with the Evaluation Board. The LCD supported at this stage is the common 2 line non graphic type. Later I may get time to resurrect the ATMEGA644 driving a full graphic display depending on workload.


    regards
    bugwhiskers

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Urgentt

    Originally posted by bugwhiskers View Post
    Hi Bill,

    I have most of the program done and it will be posted here free of charge. The software needs to be well documented ie descriptions of what it is doing at any point so people can modify it easily. It should have been posted long ago but paying work and other distractions have slowed it somewhat.

    Thanks for your patience.

    regards
    bugwhiskers
    Where is ur firmware in C code....does this use an lcd with adc wave form of decay curve !!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • bugwhiskers
    replied
    Firmware

    Hi Bill,

    I have most of the program done and it will be posted here free of charge. The software needs to be well documented ie descriptions of what it is doing at any point so people can modify it easily. It should have been posted long ago but paying work and other distractions have slowed it somewhat.

    Thanks for your patience.

    regards
    bugwhiskers

    Leave a comment:


  • Bill
    replied
    I would expect that you would actually have to PAY for the firmware. I sure as heck would not go through all of the r&d work BW has done just to give it away. There are some free loaders lurking about these days but I know that there are alot of members who would have no problem paying for the kit that BW is putting together. BTW, when do you plan to have something ready BW?

    Leave a comment:


  • dantech
    replied
    Hi,

    I see this very interesting project. Could anyone gather letest schematics, boards and firmware into one place? I can,t find firmware here.

    Leave a comment:


  • sharky
    replied
    Bug Whisker

    Originally posted by bugwhiskers View Post
    The attached .zip is the schematic and the board in Eagle format. See previous posts for the link to download the free version of "Eagle Light".

    The board is single sided with only a minimal number of links and is very easy to make at home with the right equipment.


    regards
    bugwhiskers

    Dear Bug Whisker

    I have eagle, orcad, cadstar too... all full versions...even spice simulator Electronics workbench NI MultiSim too

    Leave a comment:


  • bugwhiskers
    replied
    Board & Schematic zipped

    The attached .zip is the schematic and the board in Eagle format. See previous posts for the link to download the free version of "Eagle Light".

    The board is single sided with only a minimal number of links and is very easy to make at home with the right equipment.


    regards
    bugwhiskers
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • sharky
    replied
    Seperate the power supplies and use opto iso to sample early

    Leave a comment:


  • bugwhiskers
    replied
    Unavoidable delays

    I haven't posted for a while due to paying work commitments and experimentation with a method of eliminating the ground signal at the front door as well as a method of annihalating the back EMF to enable very early sampling.

    regards
    bugwhiskers

    Leave a comment:


  • sharky
    replied
    Dear Bug Whisker
    Can I have the latest project link, whats the depth in air for a coin and small 2 cm square iron....

    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Bill
    replied
    I am familiar with C, for modification I need c source code, I need .schema file extension so that I can do some modifications in circuit
    Why don't you have him wash your car while you are at it.

    Leave a comment:


  • sharky
    replied
    Dear Bug Whisker
    I am familiar with C, for modification I need c source code, I need .schema file extension so that I can do some modifications in circuit

    Leave a comment:


  • bugwhiskers
    replied
    Hi sharky,
    The schematics & PCB have been posted in .PDF format previously, in a couple of days I will post the Eagle files zipped.

    The source code is written in assembler.

    regards
    bugwhiskers

    Leave a comment:


  • sharky
    replied
    nice can i have the source code in c and also the full schematic link please, please please...I think u have got enough finds in austarlia if I remember if u r from australia, if u have enough of this finds why dont u come to India with ur working detectors we can show u lots of treasures in kgs and tonns, some visible in caves but u cant go and touch them, there r others buried but suitable for ur detector

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X