Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Universal PI Micro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    thanx

    maybe this IC max5165 can help us.PLZ look at it.and i am waiting for hex file.plese.
    [email protected]

    Leave a comment:


  • bugwhiskers
    replied
    Potential platform

    The following link shows a readily available platform with enough I/O ports and other usefull features.
    The chip is an ADUC845 from Analog Devices, among other things it has 24 bit AtoD capabilities.



    It comes pre-asssembled with power plug pack cables and programming software for around $75US.

    I have 2 on order to test drive but alas they won't be here for 3-4 weeks, Australia is an electronic backwater.

    regards
    bugwhiskers

    Leave a comment:


  • wyndham
    replied
    BW, a pro board is my vote and BTW try several types of red clay, loose damp, compacted, hard compacted and fired red brick. These may give you a sample database to store in eprom for different ground types if this is where you are taking this. There is also a blue clay that really is red clay but lacks the oxygen to make it red, sort of reduced due to enviorenment.
    I might have mentioned thie link before, sorry if redundent. The atom microcontroller might have benifits somewhere along your developement cycle
    Chuck Hellebuyck's Electronic Products
    I;m looking forward to your next level of developement, Wyndham

    Leave a comment:


  • johnno
    replied
    re:display

    Thanks BW for the explination,I had some thought of a horror of trying to decypher a curve similar to an oscilloscope on the fly..
    I'll but out and see what eventuates

    Leave a comment:


  • BillA
    replied
    slick

    Cheers, Bill

    Leave a comment:


  • bugwhiskers
    replied
    Most people prefer graphics to numbers or even the position of a needle on a meter. The prototype has 2 vertical bar graphs that are set up to be equal in height when the target is Aluminium or Gold. Silver causes the right hand one to go slightly above the left hand one. Lead causes the left hand one to go slightly above the right hand one and steel even further above. It only takes a few minutes to get used to it and then at a glance you know what the target is likely to be.

    regards

    bugwhiskers

    Leave a comment:


  • Alexismex
    replied
    Hello I also prefer curbe,this
    It "speak " much better than number I think with some practice you should discriminate very well in the way you will slowly pass the coil over the target:iron signature will show up.
    And I think like Bill some judgement involved it is for that approach you must keep things simple , because if you take the way of digital analyse with many circuits First you are loosing your "human brain vision", second you will generate a lot of noise ...
    regards.
    Alexis

    Leave a comment:


  • BillA
    replied
    I would prefer a curve, MUCH more info than a single #
    I an suspecting that the "discrimination" is based on the curve differences, some judgement involved
    FWIW from me

    Bill

    Leave a comment:


  • johnno
    replied
    display

    Hello Bw, Just a thought whilst reading post #76 you mentioned about a display without graphic curves for discrimination of items of no interest, (excuse me if I miss read the post). Why not implement a simpler numeric display that has no graphs ,curves or any other distracting visuals, similar to what is found on Target ID detectors like the Ex-Terra 70, or Fisher etc. This would make the UMPI universal to any country, and its currency or metal conductivity that one is locating.
    johnno

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    I would be interested in the 64 sampler as a dedicated discriminating PI with professionally made PCB's.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alexismex
    replied
    Hello bw,
    Also i am very interesting for the board to experimented with PI discrimination , your idea to use small capa is very great because the main problem is to resolve in the preampcircuit the discrim,all the other circuits amp,buffer,audio etc... is easy to see and conceive.
    I see a big result in your investigation NOT the nightmare of Minelab digital circuits ( did you open a Sovereign to see the soup of circuits ) they use a lots of complexity circuits for to have "a VERY poor discrimination result and detection" .
    Keep the road ,have many support from us.
    Alexis.
    A very good srvice I use from many time is Express pcb:
    www.expresspcb.com/ a vry good pro board and free software,

    Leave a comment:


  • gef12
    replied
    I dont think my vote will be counting then .. I would be interested in both approaches... a discriminating model .. and the one to work with as am really interested in prospecting model.. would probably work around it and see which one out performs the other ..
    Excellent work BW
    cheers
    gef

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    thank you for all information

    if you give us schematic and hex file .i want to make the project and see how it work.i make toomany of metal detector's but this one look very nice to me .any way thank you .

    Leave a comment:


  • johnno
    replied
    I too would opt for the professional PCB,and appreciate all your work in this project.
    johnno

    Leave a comment:


  • BillA
    replied
    as a user, I would opt for professionaly made PCBs
    the bane of the DIYer is variability, do it once and do it right

    I am 'voting' as a purchaser, and appreciate your effort

    Bill

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X