Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    @6666,,Hope it arrives for you soon. Did Trev contact you about obtaining a board from you? Can't wait tll the thread starts getting 'Busy' with building this project! Regards, Marty

    Hi Marty, yes Trev has his pcb and book

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    I don't know if I'm making a concentric, or an omega or a super D (mini) ... voila .. the concentrics are not easy to humbucking coil.
    As you see from Chapter 6, all the coils were of the concentric type except one. The exception was the Fisher F75 DD coil, which had a slight disadvantage when the detector was switched into PI mode.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    I'm just having a bit of trouble reading the schematics in the book with them being so small but I'm also a little confused as to which terminals are '+' or '-' on some of the 'PL' (2-Pin) connectors and the speaker connector. Really don't want to start building till I know what's what. @Qiaozhi,,Could you look at the pic I posted and tell me which is which please as I'm a littl confused? Both diagrams say 'Rear view'. Regards, Marty.
    Both diagrams are the "rear view". The top one is for the socket, and the bottom one is for the plug.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Lamoiz,,,I don't think the Voodoo coil has a ' Bucking' coil. I believe it just consists of an outer loop, the TX, and the inner loop, which is just the RX. The TX Coil has a parallel Damping resistor and the RX Coil has a parallel Capacitor. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong or mistaken,,,Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @6666,,Hope it arrives for you soon. Did Trev contact you about obtaining a board from you? Can't wait tll the thread starts getting 'Busy' with building this project! Regards, Marty

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    I'm just having a bit of trouble reading the schematics in the book with them being so small but I'm also a little confused as to which terminals are '+' or '-' on some of the 'PL' (2-Pin) connectors and the speaker connector. Really don't want to start building till I know what's what. @Qiaozhi,,Could you look at the pic I posted and tell me which is which please as I'm a littl confused? Both diagrams say 'Rear view'. Regards, Marty.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hi all,,,Has anyone started to build the Voodoo yet? Thanks, Marty.

    Still waiting for book ordered Oct 14

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    I don't know if I'm making a concentric, or an omega or a super D (mini) ... voila .. the concentrics are not easy to humbucking coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hi all,,,Has anyone started to build the Voodoo yet? Thanks, Marty.
    I'm just starting ... especially the coil. but I have not had the answers to my questions. I'm also waiting for some components. I programmed the microcontroller

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hi all,,,Has anyone started to build the Voodoo yet? Thanks, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    question for everyone, do you think it's a good idea to make an omega? even if it's just for testing? or is it certain that I will fail ..? your opinions please

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    It was handmade, and the results were disappointing. Perhaps I did a bad job with the construction.
    no i don't think you made a bad construction, you are a specialist. but what can explain that an omega works badly while the concentric one works well .. it's almost the same thing isn't it?

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thank you Qiaozhi,,,Much appreciated. Regards, Marty

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Could you let us know what the pinout numbering of 'PL9' is please on the Silk?
    PL9 is the 5-pin ICSP connector. Pin #1 is on the right-hand side.

    The pin names are:
    1 = VPP (Programming voltage - connects to pin #1 of the PIC U2)
    2 = VDD (Connects to 0V)
    3 = GND (Connects to -5V)
    4 = PGD (Program Data pin #40 U2)
    5 = PGC (Program Control pin #39 U2)

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    you mean it's not good? but was it a commercial coil or a handmade one?
    It was handmade, and the results were disappointing. Perhaps I did a bad job with the construction.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X