Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDutch View Post
    Hi George

    Do you have the battery pack STL?
    Please find attached the STL for the Voodoo battery holder plus the FreeCAD file.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • BigDutch
    replied
    Hi George

    Do you have the battery pack STL?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by mdcn View Post
    "I have identified an error; in this image, the order of the pins on the LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) should be incorrect. The correct order should be the reverse of what is shown."
    Is that so?
    You may have got yourself confused because the PIC is connected between 0V and -5V (not +5V and 0V).

    I have double-checked the U4 connections against the schematic and PCB, and they are definitely correct.
    If this was wrong, then members who have successfully built the Voodoo Project would have noticed.

    Leave a comment:


  • mdcn
    replied
    "I have identified an error; in this image, the order of the pins on the LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) should be incorrect. The correct order should be the reverse of what is shown."
    Is that so?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDutch View Post
    Hi George,

    I was just about to order the Arduino PI board (x5!) but what is the advantage of that board over the Voodoo PI with additional Fe Disc (especially now it has the Arduino mod)?
    Shall I not bother with the Arduino PI and just start on the Voodoo / Arduino or am I missing something?
    I have ordered the Arduino VLF boards though as that is a true ID detector.


    Regards
    Richard
    Not everyone is familiar with PIC processors or the MikroElektronika software environment, which is why I introduced the Arduino board plug-in to replace the PIC. You can take your choice of which method to use.
    Carl also re-coded the mikroC PIC code to Microchip's MPLAB. This has the advantage that the software environment is FOC.

    Leave a comment:


  • BigDutch
    replied
    Hi George,

    I was just about to order the Arduino PI board (x5!) but what is the advantage of that board over the Voodoo PI with additional Fe Disc (especially now it has the Arduino mod)?
    Shall I not bother with the Arduino PI and just start on the Voodoo / Arduino or am I missing something?
    I have ordered the Arduino VLF boards though as that is a true ID detector.


    Regards
    Richard

    Leave a comment:


  • mdcn
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    The fuse bits are embedded in the hex file. You don't have to set these yourself.
    Yes, that issue has been resolved, thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    The fuse bits are embedded in the hex file. You don't have to set these yourself.

    Leave a comment:


  • mdcn
    replied
    I am making The VOODOO Project.I'm having a problem yet with how to set the fuse bit when writing the program to the chip. I hope someone can help me, appreciate it!

    Leave a comment:


  • Levin
    replied
    thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Levin View Post
    Hello I have two questions about building a voodo detector
    FQT7N10 mosfets (Q11, Q13) arent availible good, with which popular mosfet i can replace it ? whats the name from the 5 pin connector that is used in voodo and commercial coils
    thanks for answers
    LG Levin
    The two MOSFETs are there to prevent damage from connecting the battery pack the wrong round. If you're careful with the battery connections you can simply short out this section in the design by connecting the drain of Q13 to the drain of Q11.

    The 5-pin connector is a 16mm aviation connector. Here's an example on Amazon -> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aiqeer-Avia...ps%2C66&sr=8-3

    Leave a comment:


  • Levin
    replied
    Hello I have two questions about building a voodo detector
    FQT7N10 mosfets (Q11, Q13) arent availible good, with which popular mosfet i can replace it ? whats the name from the 5 pin connector that is used in voodo and commercial coils
    thanks for answers
    LG Levin

    Leave a comment:


  • Levin
    replied
    oh thank you so much

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Levin View Post
    Hello
    I want to build a voodo metall detector, but I can´t find the gerber file. Where is it? please help me.
    thanks for answers
    The Gerber files are here -> The Voodoo Project - Published October 2020​

    It's located under this link -> https://www.geotech1.com/forums/foru...and-literature

    Leave a comment:


  • Levin
    replied
    Hello
    I want to build a voodo metall detector, but I can´t find the gerber file. Where is it? please help me.
    thanks for answers

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X