Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    Here is what I have been playing around with. I can disc iron or non ferrous depending on where the sample it taken. The ground signal seems to have no overall effect. Since that original PI audio is left uncorrupted.. no double beep. All that is needed is to look at meter deflection. I can disc through two layers of brick and which is probably a stronger ground signal than my actual ground. It?s still on a breadboard but I can move my coil off the bench to a bed of bricks to test. If nothing else it had been a fun experiment!
    If I understand your schematic (and correct me if I'm wrong) the audio is only driven from the PI channel, but the signal prior to the SAT circuit is sent to a differentiator located on an add-on board. The DISC channel is also single-differentiated, and the output is wire-ORed so that the meter only responds to non-ferrous targets. This is analogous to the signals in pane 2 of Table 7-4 on page 81. If the lower connection on the meter was connected to 0V, I presume it would swing right for non-ferrous, and left for ferrous? The only problem would be non-ferrous targets would first swing to the right followed by a swing to the left. Ferrous targets would do the reverse. So I suppose that's why you've connected the meter to -5V?

    This means that the detector will beep for all targets, and reliance is on the meter to indicate the target type. Have you tried using the meter signal to disable the audio for ferrous targets?

    I have experimented with a single-differentiating topology on a previous version, but separation of targets was poor. In my test garden (which is littered with ferrous trash) it was impossible to identify the location of the buried coins.

    I would be interested in what you discover when you take the detector outside.
    Good work by the way.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by waltr View Post
    The 'modern' bricks used in my house are not bad. However, at some old farms I detect I have found bricks that that are detectable if no GB is in detector. This was my reason to add GB to my HammerHead. Seems many Early Pennsylvania bricks were made with iron rich clay, which we do have. Iron rich soils, and iron mines, are very common out where Don lives (about 2 hours west of me).

    Just received my Voodoo book. Now to read up.
    That explains why Don picked those bricks to use in his workshop.
    That's even better, justifying that he made indeed success.
    ...
    I am keeping few genuine bricks in my workshop too.
    Since those are large and heavy; i gave one to stone cutter to cut me small cubical pieces, various sizes, to serve for testing purposes.
    Those are dating from IV century. Have magnetic features. All the detectors reacts on those.
    It's the large amount of ferroxide particles in such clay. They didn't have advance methods to purify clay in those times.
    So it is perfect mimic for hard soil in workshop.

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by waltr View Post
    The 'modern' bricks used in my house are not bad. However, at some old farms I detect I have found bricks that that are detectable if no GB is in detector. This was my reason to add GB to my HammerHead. Seems many Early Pennsylvania bricks were made with iron rich clay, which we do have. Iron rich soils, and iron mines, are very common out where Don lives (about 2 hours west of me).

    Just received my Voodoo book. Now to read up.
    lThe ground here around Middletown/ Harrisburg can cause a problem with PI detectors without a GB. The Baracuda for instance needs to be run a a reduced threshold because it screams. Ideally they should all have a GB. I will get started on the VooDoo next . The ground will tell if that will work too!

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    It was a joke.
    But than again...
    Ron ask him is he fancy buying a genuine brick, since he disregards me totally!
    Reason i am pushing this is because modern brick is not the same "beast" as ancient Roman one.
    Last time i checked; Romans missed to occupy Pennsylvania... they busted half way there...
    Damn stupid Nero!


    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    Brick is the worst I could come up with to simulate ground. I have 40 some bricks in the basement and I just create an artificial ground. I hate bringing dirt in the house 🙄
    The 'modern' bricks used in my house are not bad. However, at some old farms I detect I have found bricks that that are detectable if no GB is in detector. This was my reason to add GB to my HammerHead. Seems many Early Pennsylvania bricks were made with iron rich clay, which we do have. Iron rich soils, and iron mines, are very common out where Don lives (about 2 hours west of me).

    Just received my Voodoo book. Now to read up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    Scheme I can't put because it will be a commercial detector the project was given a well-known companies ... But I can send it to you a snapshot of how the detector works!

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    Here is what I have been playing around with. I can disc iron or non ferrous depending on where the sample it taken. The ground signal seems to have no overall effect. Since that original PI audio is left uncorrupted.. no double beep. All that is needed is to look at meter deflection. I can disc through two layers of brick and which is probably a stronger ground signal than my actual ground. It?s still on a breadboard but I can move my coil off the bench to a bed of bricks to test. If nothing else it had been a fun experiment!
    Found my first mistake.. add a 10n cap across the coil.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    Brick is the worst I could come up with to simulate ground. I have 40 some bricks in the basement and I just create an artificial ground. I hate bringing dirt in the house ��
    Than what you done is total success!
    It should perform good on my local soils/sites too.
    Precious coins are not deep, but are heavily masked by pieces of such bricks and pottery, scattered all over the place.

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    It was a joke.
    But than again...
    Ron ask him is he fancy buying a genuine brick, since he disregards me totally!
    Reason i am pushing this is because modern brick is not the same "beast" as ancient Roman one.
    Last time i checked; Romans missed to occupy Pennsylvania... they busted half way there...
    Damn stupid Nero!


    Brick is the worst I could come up with to simulate ground. I have 40 some bricks in the basement and I just create an artificial ground. I hate bringing dirt in the house ��

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    No - we may just be talking at cross purposes, so I'm reserving judgement until I see the actual schematic. No conspiracy theory here.
    It was a joke.
    But than again...
    Ron ask him is he fancy buying a genuine brick, since he disregards me totally!
    Reason i am pushing this is because modern brick is not the same "beast" as ancient Roman one.
    Last time i checked; Romans missed to occupy Pennsylvania... they busted half way there...
    Damn stupid Nero!


    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    PI disc experiment.

    Here is what I have been playing around with. I can disc iron or non ferrous depending on where the sample it taken. The ground signal seems to have no overall effect. Since that original PI audio is left uncorrupted.. no double beep. All that is needed is to look at meter deflection. I can disc through two layers of brick and which is probably a stronger ground signal than my actual ground. It?s still on a breadboard but I can move my coil off the bench to a bed of bricks to test. If nothing else it had been a fun experiment!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Orbit View Post
    I wonder the same similar detector it has been around for almost a year ! As if all at once in several places give birth to the same ideas.Hybrid detector images works perfectly..but I can't give more information will appear this year![ATTACH]54117[/ATTACH]The strangest what I caught from what you write how Voodoo works this detector has the same solution or very similar...
    Is this your own design or someone else's?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Sounds like you still having quantum of doubts?

    No - we may just be talking at cross purposes, so I'm reserving judgement until I see the actual schematic. No conspiracy theory here.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Orbit View Post
    I wonder the same similar detector it has been around for almost a year ! As if all at once in several places give birth to the same ideas.Hybrid detector images works perfectly..but I can't give more information will appear this year![ATTACH]54117[/ATTACH]The strangest what I caught from what you write how Voodoo works this detector has the same solution or very similar...

    Shoosh! Say no more!



    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    OK - I'll wait until you send me the schematic.
    Sounds like you still having quantum of doubts?

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Awesome guys,
    I was wanting to do the analog version as well based on a Mpp.
    As I cant mod code yet.


    Thanks Db for starting this and for your coil image it was all I needed to be able to build a concentric coil.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X