Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Hi,
    Do you get the beeps in both hybrid and PI mode? I wonder if you are getting EMI that could be causing it?
    I have the beeps in pulse mode, very little in hybrid mode.
    I tried outside, it's the same problem, I don't understand,
    what do you think of the tp3 measure? there is a lot of osciliation after the impultion .. no ??

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    hi surf,
    me too I finished a long time ago, but I still have the beeps .. and I can not find the problem .. me the test was done with the tesoro .. and my other home coil works too.
    Hi,
    Do you get the beeps in both hybrid and PI mode? I wonder if you are getting EMI that could be causing it?

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    I have completed my build on the bench. I need to wait for some parts and then I shall box up the project and take it out for a spin. I shall post a short video tomorrow on my YouTube channel of the project operating in Hybrid mode. I have attached a picture from the Disc pre-amp output which appears somewhat different than in the book. I am getting about 8" on a George VI penny and about 5" on a US nickle. More tweaking is needed, currently I have all settings in default and I am using a F75 coil.

    [ATTACH]53849[/ATTACH]
    hi surf,
    me too I finished a long time ago, but I still have the beeps .. and I can not find the problem .. me the test was done with the tesoro .. and my other home coil works too.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    I am complete on the Bench

    I have completed my build on the bench. I need to wait for some parts and then I shall box up the project and take it out for a spin. I shall post a short video tomorrow on my YouTube channel of the project operating in Hybrid mode. I have attached a picture from the Disc pre-amp output which appears somewhat different than in the book. I am getting about 8" on a George VI penny and about 5" on a US nickle. More tweaking is needed, currently I have all settings in default and I am using a F75 coil.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201202_152416.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	935.2 KB
ID:	358666

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    thank you Math, it's okay ..
    George, I still have the beeps beeps beeps all the time .. do you have any idea where this could be?

    Leave a comment:


  • Math
    replied
    Ok its when both channels go high.. then
    before sending audio output start timing the signal..
    If its short duration and either channel are higher than
    a small signal level then ch.3 'Disc minus Phase' must be high
    If so then send detector audio output..

    Here 'ch3' may be 'PI minus disc' as its the disc channel that has the phase element

    Hi Lamoiz i hope youre OK.. im starting Voodoo construction tonight
    ill see what i get on tp3..

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Hi everyone . I was away yesterday, I had a car accident problem .... a girl and her cell phone smashed my car at a crossroads ... put my car in the trash .. *****.
    Otherwise here are some pictures of the oscilo ..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tp3 tp2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	358661tp3 tp2
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tp5 tp2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	358662tp5 tp2Click image for larger version

Name:	tp6 tp3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	358663tp6 tp3
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tp9 tp2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	313.7 KB
ID:	358664tp9 tp2
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tp10 tp3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	358665tp10 tp3

    a lot of noise on tp3 ..pff I don't know why ..

    Leave a comment:


  • Math
    replied
    Hi George, the iron chatter you mention a couple of times in the book may be mostly eliminated using a '3rd channel' in software as "Disc minus Phase" here this should be Disc - PI channel then triple AND the 3 channels for the final output..
    Ive used it successfully on a couple of projects it works well for the mismatched channel overlaps at crossovers.. usually big iron!

    Hang on theres another bit of logic to go with that 3rd channel.. let me just check back..

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    So we need to change wording on page 29 and add to post #1, good to see these things being found.
    It's very difficult to get technical documentation 100% correct. I was reading an Arduino book recently, and discovered several errors. The book was published by a reputable publishing company, and their experienced proof readers still managed to miss stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    That is exactly what I have on my project. I was confused because on page 29 it states in part, for TP7 and TP8 " the demodulated main signal amplitude increases in the presence of a target....."
    Thanks.

    So we need to change wording on page 29 and add to post #1, good to see these things being found.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hi George,,,Thanks for the additions/Errata to post #1,,much appreciated. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    That is exactly what I have on my project. I was confused because on page 29 it states in part, for TP7 and TP8 " the demodulated main signal amplitude increases in the presence of a target....."
    Thanks.
    Yes, I know. That was an error.
    Keep an eye on post #1 where I've posted some hints and an errata.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    At TP8 you should see a decrease for all targets. At TP7 there will also be a decrease, but of much lower amplitude as this is the EFE (late) sample.
    That is exactly what I have on my project. I was confused because on page 29 it states in part, for TP7 and TP8 " the demodulated main signal amplitude increases in the presence of a target....."
    Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    I completed the PI demodulator portion of the circuit and when testing at TP7 and TP8 I get a decrease in voltage when passing metal over the coil. Is that correct or should the voltage level increase?
    At TP8 you should see a decrease for all targets. At TP7 there will also be a decrease, but of much lower amplitude as this is the EFE (late) sample.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    I completed the PI demodulator portion of the circuit and when testing at TP7 and TP8 I get a decrease in voltage when passing metal over the coil. Is that correct or should the voltage level increase?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X