Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Voodoo Main Discussion
Collapse
X
-
Hi 6666,,,,it would be nice to see them on the silk screen but I'm ok now I've printed off a reference diagram. Best wishes to you and your wife for a good recovery,,Regards, Marty.
-
Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View PostThanks George. @6666,,The points I asked about are not printed on the silkscreen,,if they are there, and I missed them, I can't see them through the black colour,,,but I thought I'd play it safe,,when in doubt ask. Hope your wife is well mate. Regards, Marty.
Hi Marty, no they are not printed on the silk screen, thats the problem, my statement was a request for them to be added,
my missus is out of hospital, but its going to be long recovery, thanks
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks again George. Not had a lot of free time in the last few days and stll studying which enclosure to use but I should have some more completed some tme this week. Regards, Marty.
Leave a comment:
-
The pin numbers are not shown on the silkscreen. That was an oversight.Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View PostThanks George. @6666,,The points I asked about are not printed on the silkscreen,,if they are there, and I missed them, I can't see them through the black colour,,,but I thought I'd play it safe,,when in doubt ask. Hope your wife is well mate. Regards, Marty.
However, it is possible to work out the correct orientation by noting that pin 3 on both PL7 and PL8 are connected to ground (0V).
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks George. @6666,,The points I asked about are not printed on the silkscreen,,if they are there, and I missed them, I can't see them through the black colour,,,but I thought I'd play it safe,,when in doubt ask. Hope your wife is well mate. Regards, Marty.
Leave a comment:
-
If you go to Chapter 7 (page 81), TP16 should match the signal in the middle plot of Fig. 7-4, and TP20 should match the signal in the bottom plot.Originally posted by surfdetector View PostGeorge, do you have screen shots of test points 16 and 20 for the PI Channel Filter section? Thanks.
By the way, PL7 and PL8 should always be set as in Fig. 4-4. These jumpers are only there for flexibility if someone wants to experiment with different coils. It's possible there may be an occasion where the RX loop signal is inverted (although I never found one), and the PI channel can be inverted to match it. However, it will also require an alteration to the firmware to invert the detection of the channel outputs.
Once someone manages to successfully replicate the Voodoo Project, I will upload the source code to post #1.
Leave a comment:
-
George, do you have screen shots of test points 16 and 20 for the PI Channel Filter section? Thanks.
Leave a comment:
-
Yes, that's correct.Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View PostHiya George,,,Can you tell me if I've labelled this diagram correctly please? I got a little confused when you mentioned the jumper pin changes of PL7 and PL8 so I just wanted to make sure my diagram is correct for my own building reference. Thanks, Marty.
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View PostHiya George,,,Can you tell me if I've labelled this diagram correctly please? I got a little confused when you mentioned the jumper pin changes of PL7 and PL8 so I just wanted to make sure my diagram is correct for my own building reference. Thanks, Marty.
All that should be on the silk screen.
Leave a comment:
-
Hiya George,,,Can you tell me if I've labelled this diagram correctly please? I got a little confused when you mentioned the jumper pin changes of PL7 and PL8 so I just wanted to make sure my diagram is correct for my own building reference. Thanks, Marty.Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
You can set the polarity of the PI preamp using the jumpers PL7 and PL8. To double-check, I opened my Voodoo detector and had a quick look. PL7 has pins 2 and 3 connected, and PL8 has pins 1 and 2 connected. You can also see that in Fig. 4-4. This means the first-stage is inverting, and the second stage is non-inverting. Unfortunately I stated on page 19 that it was the other way around for the Troy coil. Try swapping the jumpers over. That should solve the problem.Originally posted by lamoiz View Postno, I don't understand anything anymore ... I can't reverse the output, moreover my oscilo is showing signs of weakness, it's not my best day pff, I don't even have 0v with r30, and the curve s reverse. it's a mess
Sorry about that.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks surfdetector for providing the answer.Originally posted by MartinB View PostHi George
I have notice that you have referred to TP1 as a reference point on more than one occasion. Looking at my board TP1 is not actually connected to anything else. Same on the Gerber files. Am I missing something? My board is REV-C from Silverdog
TPI is connected to the ground plane on the bottom layer. As stated on page 28, TP1 (0V) is connected to the positive battery terminal.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: