Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Hi Marty, billr told us all to stop posting.
    I must have missed that somehow?

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hi all!,,,Just a quick post to ask ''Where's everyone gone''? I have only just recently finished all of the major repairs on my house I've had to do so I should be able to get back on the Voodoo project in the next few days. @Lamoiz,,''Where are you''? ''How's all the Coil experiments going''? Not seen any posts from you for ages! It would be great to see your results and progress. Regards, Marty.

    Hi Marty, billr told us all to stop posting.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hi all!,,,Just a quick post to ask ''Where's everyone gone''? I have only just recently finished all of the major repairs on my house I've had to do so I should be able to get back on the Voodoo project in the next few days. @Lamoiz,,''Where are you''? ''How's all the Coil experiments going''? Not seen any posts from you for ages! It would be great to see your results and progress. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by sbalio1 View Post
    Hi to all friend here please can ennyobe tell me if i can use PIC18F452 INSTEAD PIC18F4520. THANKS.
    The simple answer is "not easily". You will need to modify the source code and recompile for the PIC18F20.
    Compare the datasheets to understand the differences. It would be much less problem to use the PIC18F4520 as specified.

    Leave a comment:


  • sbalio1
    replied
    Hi to all friend here please can ennyobe tell me if i can use PIC18F452 INSTEAD PIC18F4520. THANKS.

    Leave a comment:


  • dingbatca
    replied
    Thanks Waltr and Surfdetector. I went with the PICKit3 mostly because of the video walk through provided by surfdetector.

    Leave a comment:


  • ionut_mtb
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Your DISC sample appears to be in the wrong place. It should be sampling on the ringing part of the waveform after the flyback.
    thanks,
    I took now signal from collector of Q1 and everything is good, delay range is wider.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by dingbatca View Post

    Any advise on a cheap ICSP that will work well with the VooDoo? I am an Arduino/Teensy person, never used a PIC before.
    I did a video showing how to load the hex file.

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by dingbatca View Post

    Any advise on a cheap ICSP that will work well with the VooDoo? I am an Arduino/Teensy person, never used a PIC before.
    I use the PICKit2 to program the processor.
    You should be able to find one since this was open source.

    I still use MPLAB 8.92 (not X) for older PICs.
    Or if you get a PICKit2, download and install the PICKit2 utility which allows loading a HEX file then program the PIC.
    If you go this way and can not find the install files PM me and I can email them to you.

    If you go with the newest MPLAB X then you need at least the PICKit3. PICKit2 not supported.

    Leave a comment:


  • dingbatca
    replied
    Thanks so much for the offer, but I put in my Mouser and Tayda orders an hour ago. Spent $70.13 USD on Tayda. Spent $7.22 + $7.99 for shipping on Mouser. 3X PCB's were ordered last week, but I don't expect to see them this side of the pond for another week.

    Why 3X? One to blow out, one to use, and one to heavily tweak.

    Any advise on a cheap ICSP that will work well with the VooDoo? I am an Arduino/Teensy person, never used a PIC before.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by dingbatca View Post
    Thanks for the notes, and the Jamco part numbers.

    I updated my BOM with Tayda part numbers. I am still missing a few components that I cant seem to find on Tayda's site:
    MUR460
    FQT7N10 mosfet
    3R3 2W

    Otherwise I think I have everything. $17.87, and that includes the 6X screw terminals! WIN! That's a lot better then the $50 /wo screw terminals, I have on Mouser.
    Hi Dingbatca,
    I can help you out with 1X MUR460 and 2X
    FQT7N10 mosfet. I might have a spare 3R3 2W somewhere but can't promise. PM me with your address and I will send them over.
    For future reference 5X 2 pole screw terminals ?2.85 GDP are av
    ailable at 5 x 2-Way Terminal Block 2.54mm Pitch 6A | eBay

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by dingbatca View Post
    Thanks for the notes, and the Jamco part numbers.

    I updated my BOM with Tayda part numbers. I am still missing a few components that I cant seem to find on Tayda's site:
    MUR460
    FQT7N10 mosfet
    3R3 2W

    Otherwise I think I have everything. $17.87, and that includes the 6X screw terminals! WIN! That's a lot better then the $50 /wo screw terminals, I have on Mouser.
    You may have to bite the bullet and get those last couple of items elsewhere. Tayda does have 3R3 in one watt form. Even paying the extra shipping from Mouser you still come out ahead.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by dingbatca View Post
    Thanks for the notes, and the Jamco part numbers.

    I updated my BOM with Tayda part numbers. I am still missing a few components that I cant seem to find on Tayda's site:
    MUR460
    FQT7N10 mosfet
    3R3 2W

    Otherwise I think I have everything. $17.87, and that includes the 6X screw terminals! WIN! That's a lot better then the $50 /wo screw terminals, I have on Mouser.
    I simply made the 3R3 2w from two one watt resistors

    Leave a comment:


  • dingbatca
    replied
    Thanks for the notes, and the Jamco part numbers.

    I updated my BOM with Tayda part numbers. I am still missing a few components that I cant seem to find on Tayda's site:
    MUR460
    FQT7N10 mosfet
    3R3 2W

    Otherwise I think I have everything. $17.87, and that includes the 6X screw terminals! WIN! That's a lot better then the $50 /wo screw terminals, I have on Mouser.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Originally posted by dingbatca View Post
    Thanks for the part number 512-FQT7N10LTF. The fact they were SMD was throwing me off. Still hunting for 2/3-pin 100th pin headers on Mouser.

    Videos helped, thanks for posting those. I love the use of screw terminal connection you did on the more static connections, like the coil. What's the pitch?


    I also added a few sockets to my cart.
    6X 571-1-2199298-2
    1X 571-1-2199298-4
    1X 571-1-2199299-5
    I had to get my Molex connectors at Jamco
    2 pin socket 234798
    2pin plug 879588

    3 pin socket already had
    3 pin plug 232274

    5 pin socket 234827
    5 pin plug 232291.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X