Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    Not according to Surfdetectors video it didnt

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    The chip programs fine with the pickit set to 5 volts

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    Yes the microprocessor runs at i think the sheet said 4.1 to 5.0 volts when he tried 5.0 volts it wouldn't program so he had to use 4.7 volts thats why i couldn't use the one i had it only programs 3.3 volt chips without modifying it and using a different program for it because the 5 volt option doesn't even show up its a work around to program chips for auto

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt_Rowe
    replied
    I thought some where in the video he mentions some thing about 5 volts

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    Thanks Matt i know ive watched all his videos a few times i saw that the programmer i have has a icsp socket on it and wanted to use it if i could its runs on 3.3 volts unless you mod it for 5 volts and they have a open source program for it that lets you program hundreds of more chips with it after the mod but i dont need to hack the chip and take a chance on corrupting it ill need the pickit3 anyway for future upgrades or repairs or to just be able to copy eproms so i just bought it

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt_Rowe
    replied
    Originally posted by SilverSurfer17 View Post
    Never mind I just broke down and bought the pickit3 instead of even messing with it
    this guy is building the voodoo and has videos of the build and also has this video of the pickit3 and how he used it.
    His name is surfdetector and posts in this forum.
    pickit3
    T

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    Never mind I just broke down and bought the pickit3 instead of even messing with it

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    @The Mandarin you said you keep your processor in the board and use the icsp to program your chips are you using the programmers 5 volts or the boards I would assume board powered off and using the programmers 5 volts ? I am Ironman ! The reason I ask is I have a CH341A it has a icsp output but it runs on 3.3 volts unless you mod the board but I have a icsp cable that has single pins so I can pin what pins I want and was going to see if I could get it work with a driver and program similar for 40 pin instead of 8 pin

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    When Silverdog ships out does the status change from payment accepted to shipped ?

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    And don’t worry your little heart out I have a Youtube account when I get it going I’ll post a link I’m not afraid to make a video either lol it will probably be 2 weeks to get the board or at least 10 days and all the parts I ordered from Digikey where in stock at the moment but that don’t mean anything they where not shipping since Christmas so orders are in front of me

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    None of my questions have been about getting a working unit going it’s been all options or upgrades to have it do what I need it to do or want it to do if possible

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    None hence the reason why I’m here asking questions but I have built plenty of Tesla coils so I’m pretty dam sure I can tune that coil to that detector I can build the board and have programmed thousands of EPROMs and know what direction they go in the board so just that much a working detector now as for making it be able to do the rest of want it to be able to do I have zero idea could I figure it out over days weeks a month sure but why when you can ask questions

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by SilverSurfer17 View Post
    I guess you haven't read the sheet on the chip he choose he is running it at 20mhz and it can be run at 24mhz according to the data sheet and im guessing what people are not understanding is that better chips have been mixed in and some can easily be ran at over 80mhz they do it to fill orders so no point in changing chips just check it and yes it is free but a waste of time !

    How many MD projects that you have built do you have working right now and can show us a video of ?

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    Maybe he used 20mhz instead of 24mhz for a reason i don't know thats another reason i asked i figured he would chime in but its all tight lips i guess on questions so ill build it and find out for myself

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    I might be a newb to detectors but not with a lot of whats going on here 9 years of pulling parts stuffing boards and programming eproms and testing boards i guess people are just reading the last comments and posting their replies to that last post so again ill repeat i wont have a problem getting it working what i will ever have a problem with is software when it comes to hex files i have no idea what changing R2 to D2 does

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X