Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    Hi George
    I have notice that you have referred to TP1 as a reference point on more than one occasion. Looking at my board TP1 is not actually connected to anything else. Same on the Gerber files. Am I missing something? My board is REV-C from Silverdog
    TP1 is 0 volts and is the ground point. If you test it there is continuity with the +12V @ PL11 pin 1

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    The first thing I noticed about your images, when compared to Fig. 3-19, is that the PI preamp is inverted. The second thing I noticed is that you appear to have the scope ground connected to the negative terminal of the battery instead of the positive. TP1 should be used as the reference point.
    Hi George
    I have notice that you have referred to TP1 as a reference point on more than one occasion. Looking at my board TP1 is not actually connected to anything else. Same on the Gerber files. Am I missing something? My board is REV-C from Silverdog
    Last edited by MartinB; 11-29-2020, 10:13 PM. Reason: Eyesight is not as good as it used to be even with spectacles

    Leave a comment:


  • Altra
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    no, I don't understand anything anymore ... I can't reverse the output, moreover my oscilo is showing signs of weakness, it's not my best day pff, I don't even have 0v with r30, and the curve s reverse. it's a mess
    I don't know any details about this project, but it appears your coil wires are reversed in some way. That's why your pre-amp output is reversed.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Is your preamp output now the correct polarity as shown in Fig. 3-19?
    I don't know what's causing the beeps at the moment, but the preamp output looks clean. Let's make sure the preamp output is OK first before moving on.
    no, I don't understand anything anymore ... I can't reverse the output, moreover my oscilo is showing signs of weakness, it's not my best day pff, I don't even have 0v with r30, and the curve s reverse. it's a mess

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    I did the invertions on the jumpers. actually I made all the measurements with the mass of the oscilo on the positive .. oops.
    Regarding the beeps beeps between the targets, I noticed that if the threshold is at 20, the beeps disappear almost completely, what does that mean?
    Is your preamp output now the correct polarity as shown in Fig. 3-19?
    I don't know what's causing the beeps at the moment, but the preamp output looks clean. Let's make sure the preamp output is OK first before moving on.

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    Just wanted to add ,
    A unforeseen benefit to this coil arrangement is very little coil edge sensitivity.
    A beer can has to be within 4 inches to respond.

    This may really help for target separation in a small version of the coil.

    Be Well
    Interesting your coil has low edge sensitivity. My figure8 coil detects almost the same edge distance as centered over one of the Rx coils. Coke can, Rx_(2)133mmID fig8. 24inches centered over one coil, 22inches from the side(same plane). Probably not good.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    The first thing I noticed about your images, when compared to Fig. 3-19, is that the PI preamp is inverted. The second thing I noticed is that you appear to have the scope ground connected to the negative terminal of the battery instead of the positive. TP1 should be used as the reference point.
    I did the invertions on the jumpers. actually I made all the measurements with the mass of the oscilo on the positive .. oops.
    Regarding the beeps beeps between the targets, I noticed that if the threshold is at 20, the beeps disappear almost completely, what does that mean?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    tp3 tp10 [ATTACH]53825[/ATTACH] et
    another scale [ATTACH]53826[/ATTACH]we can see changes in the amplitude of the two signals, simultaneously .. what does this mean?
    [ATTACH]53827[/ATTACH]
    The first thing I noticed about your images, when compared to Fig. 3-19, is that the PI preamp is inverted. The second thing I noticed is that you appear to have the scope ground connected to the negative terminal of the battery instead of the positive. TP1 should be used as the reference point.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    tp3 tp10 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0437.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	358645 et
    another scale Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0438.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	316.3 KB
ID:	358646we can see changes in the amplitude of the two signals, simultaneously .. what does this mean?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0439.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	324.7 KB
ID:	358647

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    [ATTACH]53824[/ATTACH]

    This one might be better
    That looks good.
    I've removed your erroneous attachment in post #478. I guess you didn't really want anyone seeing that.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    TP10 versus TP3

    Click image for larger version

Name:	TP10 versus TP3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	358644

    This one might be better

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Fig. 3-19 shows TP10 and TP3 (not TP11).
    What you're showing is the DISC preamp output versus the main sample pulse (and that doesn't look correct anyway).

    Can you show the PI preamp output versus the main sample pulse?
    indeed I had to put the wrong photo ..oupss and obviously, Surf also made a file error !!! well I'll take a photo tomorrow ..tp3 tp10.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Fig. 3-19 shows TP10 and TP3 (not TP11).
    What you're showing is the DISC preamp output versus the main sample pulse (and that doesn't look correct anyway).

    Can you show the PI preamp output versus the main sample pulse?
    [Removed erroneous attachment]

    Just for comparison purposes I have attached the PI pre-amp output versus the main sample pulse from my machine.
    Last edited by Qiaozhi; 11-28-2020, 10:46 PM. Reason: Removed erroneous attachment

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    fig 3-19 tp3 tp 11 what do you think?
    [ATTACH]53813[/ATTACH]
    Fig. 3-19 shows TP10 and TP3 (not TP11).
    What you're showing is the DISC preamp output versus the main sample pulse (and that doesn't look correct anyway).

    Can you show the PI preamp output versus the main sample pulse?

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    test carried out, outside ... device still beeps beeps beeps non stop

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X