If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Thanks for the video, I had ordered a tl866,2plus programmer and was kinda intimidated by the 54 pages of instructions. Your video summed it up where I could understand it better. It always helps to see something done.
Appreciate it.
Glad to hear the positive feedback. I agree with you, pictures and video go a long way in assisting the understanding process for new subjects. I also appreciate the many informative posts that you have made on the forum, they have helped me substantially.
Cheers
I have this programmer and supported devices list is huge.
So far it hasnt failed on the chips i had to program. I can recommend it and its not complex to use at all.
As I wait for my Voodoo pcb to arrive, I decided to do a quick video on my YouTube channel on how to use a PicKit3 to load the Hex file onto the PIC. Obviously this is meant to guide people who may not be familiar with the process. https://youtu.be/O9V8fmQWXe4
Hi surfdetector,
Thanks for the video, I had ordered a tl866,2plus programmer and was kinda intimidated by the 54 pages of instructions. Your video summed it up where I could understand it better. It always helps to see something done.
Appreciate it.
Hi 6666,
Yes that's the wind I used.
Sorry to hear about your wife best wishes to the both of you.
Thanks for the heads up on the crystal. Still waiting on boards and parts.
Found a interesting after market coil its a 8x13.5 DD jimmy sierra 50 khz old Whites gold max 3 coil.
Tx290uh 2.28 ohms
Rx 3.10mH
10.36 ohms. throwing it into the mix for testing as well.
@6666,,,a 2nd attack isn't a good sign no so I wish her well and a fast recovery. Keep us posted. Thanks for the advice about the Crystal. @George,,,thanks for the info on jumper settings. Really looking forward to the coil experiments. Regards, Marty.
Thanks George. The first coil I'm building is based on the 'Small' coil in the book wth the same Inductances. Would I use these same jumper settings on PL7 and PL8 as the Troy coil please? Having trouble understanding this 'Inverting' and 'Non-inverting' term,,,still learning,,Lol. Thanks, Regards, Marty.
Yes, use the Troy coil jumper settings. The PI and DISC channels must have the same polarity output. If not, then you may have to flip the coil connections on the inner loop, and/or adjust the DISC sample delay. Since you're building your own coil, you will have to adjust the delay to get the correct settings.
PL7 & PL8 are only there for experimental purposes. If you change them from the Troy settings you'll need to change the source code to invert the channel outputs.
My book has arrived only took a month, was printed and shipped from USA, boo to amazon Australia.
but hit a blocker , still waiting for parts and missus is in hospital after mild heart attack so that will be a distraction for a while
@6666,,,Sorry to hear the bad news about your wife. I hope she recovers quickly and is ok. Regards, Marty.
For those making this project, just be carefull when installing the crystal, dont push the case down hard against the pcb, leave a small gap between the case and pcb
the solder from the hole can protrude slightly high from the hole on a commercially made pcb, if you push down too hard the metal case can short the crystal legs.
Just something to watch out for.
Thanks Marty, this is her 2nd attack so not a good sign.
Hiya Lamoiz, I won't be starting just yet. I only recieved my 79L05's and PIC IC Sockets today. I'm planning to build in stages and take my time as I want to make a record of my build so I will be taking my first photos and notes tonight. Tomorrow I will make a start by installing the IC Sockets first then building the Power supply. Are you building yours in steps? I wouldn't just install your components as they arrive or you may run into problems. As George said, You should build the Power supply first, then the Transmitter circuit then the LCD circuit so you are able to check your voltages before you move on. I hope you have a successful build Lamoiz. Regards, Marty.
no I have all the components, and I'm going to do everything at once .. this evening I soldered all the resistors .. tomorrow after ...
Hi All,,,I took a couple of pics tonight. V1: Components. V2: All IC Sockets installed, checked for bridges and de-fluxed/cleaned. Ready, and looking forward to starting 'Step 1' tomorrow which will be installing the 'Power supply'. Regards, Marty.
Leave a comment: