Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    Hmm yummy yummy pcbs has arrived
    [ATTACH]53583[/ATTACH][ATTACH]53582[/ATTACH]

    it's beautiful ...

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Hmm yummy yummy pcbs has arrived
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201029_181254_compress70.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	358464Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201029_181535_compress41.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	358463

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @SurfDetector,,,I will take photos of the steps I take to make my coils as I intend making quite a few (As George did) to experiment with and compare depths/sensitivity etc,,,Don't think I'll be able to start building till at least next week though as I've been repairing the house (From a flood) for the last 6 weeks. Hopefully it'll all be completed by the weekend. PS- Enjoyed your build videos on You tube,,,great job! Regards, Marty

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    They arrive tomorrow not sure why they had a little holiday in Germany but there you go
    hi silverdog, I order as soon as you put this on your site !!!

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Thanks Qiaozhi. I've already begun to make an 8" coil based on the Inductances of the 'Small coil' in your book. I'll make a 9" template later so I have something to compare it to once I've built the Voodoo project. Just waiting on obtaining a PCB now. Regards, Marty.
    Hi Marty,
    It would be great if you could do a post with some pictures of the steps involved to make your coil. That would be a great addition.
    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Nice one Andy! Could you please release the prices of the PCB's (and battery charger pcb) and the programmed chips, if you decide you're doing those also? Thanks, Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Thanks Qiaozhi. I've already begun to make an 8" coil based on the Inductances of the 'Small coil' in your book. I'll make a 9" template later so I have something to compare it to once I've built the Voodoo project. Just waiting on obtaining a PCB now. Regards, Marty.

    They arrive tomorrow not sure why they had a little holiday in Germany but there you go

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks Qiaozhi. I've already begun to make an 8" coil based on the Inductances of the 'Small coil' in your book. I'll make a 9" template later so I have something to compare it to once I've built the Voodoo project. Just waiting on obtaining a PCB now. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    @Qiaozhi,,,Regarding the depth that the Voodoo is capable of, what would be a reasonable estimation of depth say for a 7" coil compared to a 9" coil please? Personally I'm not looking for any extreme depths as such as I think around 8" depth is ample for me for Inland detecting. The esimation will help give me an idea of which coil/coils to build for testing once I've built the Voodoo. Thanks George, Regards, Marty.
    I would lean towards using a 9" coil, as it's a good compromise between sensitivity to small targets and ground coverage. Although I did some comparison tests in Chapter 6, I wasn't focused on depth measurements, but more on identifying non-ferrous targets amongst ferrous trash. There is still a lot of room for experimentation with different coils to find the optimum solution.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    I proof-read the entire Voodoo book twice, still missed things. I think a better proof reader is someone who is not very familiar with the topic.
    Your assistance was hugely appreciated, especially as you caught a huge number of errors. In particular, your comments on Appendices C, D, and F were invaluable. Someone not very familiar with the topic could not have helped in that case.

    Maybe a combination of familiar and not familiar is the key to an error-free result.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Yes, I know. Same thing happened with ITMD. Carl and I read and re-read it 100s of times.
    I proof-read the entire Voodoo book twice, still missed things. I think a better proof reader is someone who is not very familiar with the topic.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Qiaozhi,,,Regarding the depth that the Voodoo is capable of, what would be a reasonable estimation of depth say for a 7" coil compared to a 9" coil please? Personally I'm not looking for any extreme depths as such as I think around 8" depth is ample for me for Inland detecting. The esimation will help give me an idea of which coil/coils to build for testing once I've built the Voodoo. Thanks George, Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Phantom
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Done!
    Glad to be of service.
    Thank you very much George

    Regards

    Phantom

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    i want to draw a concentric coil shell for 3d printing

    it should have 280mm outer diamater,
    what inner diameter is best choice / relation ?
    Well that's a good question, and one that I raised at the end of Chapter 7.

    Personally I like the ratio used by the Laser and Tesoro coils.
    Using the outer diameters of the loops as a reference, the Laser has 9" (229mm) and 3.75" (95mm), which is a ratio of 2.4:1.
    Whereas the 12" (305mm) White's coil has an inner loop [outer] diameter of 6" (152mm), which is a ratio of 2:1.
    I find that the smaller diameter inner loop provides better target separation. However, having a smaller diameter requires more turns to achieve the same inductance.
    Based on a ratio of 2.4:1, this indicates an inner loop [outer] diameter of 117mm for the 280mm coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Phantom View Post
    Gerorge,

    Yes, this is the clear example of a typing error. Then I did not know if trying to correct it would lose my account


    I would be very grateful if you made this change. Thank you very much


    Cheers to all

    Phantom
    Done!
    Glad to be of service.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X