Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Hi Phatom,

    Here's the PIC microcontroller schematic (Fig. 3-12).
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hi all,,,Just had to cancel my 'Voodoo project' book order and then re-order it again. The first time I ordered it the cost of the book was $15.33 and $8+ for shipping which came out to around ?19.69p GBP. Also, the arrival of the book wouldn't have been until about November 7th. I then went on to a different Amazon site (UK) and found the book priced at ?12.03p with free delivery and the delivery date would be October 23rd. So, overall, I'm feeling a bit more chuffed now getting the book cheaper and can now start readiing it next week instead of next month. If any British forum members re thinking of ordering I would recommend trying Amazon.co.uk first! Regards, Marty.
    That's a very good point ... you should always check with your local Amazon site.
    I was wondering how Andy had already received his copy when you had ordered before him.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Phatom View Post
    Today I received the book at my home. Obviously I haven't had time except to take a look at it.

    You have done an excellent job George, first because you have applied an ingenious solution to something that perhaps many of us had thought, but were never able to do.

    There is an extraordinary thing which is the detailed explanation of the SW in the microcontroller. Nobody takes the time to give so many details and they really are very useful.

    There is only one but ... The figures in the diagrams cannot be read very well. Especially the schematic in Figure 3-12 is barely legible. I am sorry to say this, because it seems to me an extraordinary job that can give us many hours of entertainment.

    I hope that in a while we can have the schematics

    Greetings to all
    Yes, I was a bit disappointed myself that some of the schematics are not so clear. This was my first attempt at self-publishing with Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), and what comes out in print is not quite identical to the PDF proof copy. However, I didn't want to recreate the schematics using something like Microsoft Visio (as Carl and I did with ITMD) as it can result in the introduction of errors. Perhaps I should have made the diagrams larger, but you live and learn. Anyway it is what it is, and if there's a problem with some of the diagrams I can reproduce them here.

    Leave a comment:


  • Phantom
    replied
    Today I received the book at my home. Obviously I haven't had time except to take a look at it.


    You have done an excellent job George, first because you have applied an ingenious solution to something that perhaps many of us had thought, but were never able to do.


    There is an extraordinary thing which is the detailed explanation of the SW in the microcontroller. Nobody takes the time to give so many details and they really are very useful. You have done it.


    There is only one but ... The figures in the diagrams cannot be read very well. Especially the schematic in Figure 3-12 is barely legible. I am sorry to say this, because it seems to me an extraordinary job that can give us many hours of entertainment.


    I hope that in a while we can have the schematics


    Greetings to all

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hi all,,,Just had to cancel my 'Voodoo project' book order and then re-order it again. The first time I ordered it the cost of the book was $15.33 and $8+ for shipping which came out to around ?19.69p GBP. Also, the arrival of the book wouldn't have been until about November 7th. I then went on to a different Amazon site (UK) and found the book priced at ?12.03p with free delivery and the delivery date would be October 23rd. So, overall, I'm feeling a bit more chuffed now getting the book cheaper and can now start readiing it next week instead of next month. If any British forum members re thinking of ordering I would recommend trying Amazon.co.uk first! Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hiya Andy,,,Hope you're well! Looking forward to ordering a couple of boards from you soon,,,Can't wait to start this new project! Take care Andy, Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    My copy arrived today as well and pcb's are on order

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Just received my copy from Amazon.

    That was quick guess you are in the states, my order is still in the que,,,whats the book like ?

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    My copy is on the way from Amazon. Looking forward to an interesting read.
    Just received my copy from Amazon.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Elliot View Post
    Postage was only $3.90 to Australia. Order has been made

    Hi I have ordered some pcb's if you want one

    Leave a comment:


  • Elliot
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    ... it is not pure PI, as i understood it is hybrid between I/B and PI.
    Yes, I understand it's a hybrid. The big question for me is whether the CW part will work in Australian goldfields in highly mineralised soils, or whether it will suffer from the same fate as other CW machines. Also, does it have Ground Balance circuitry (presumably yes, given it claims to discriminate iron out).

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Shipment in CH appears to be free!
    So final price was ~14e.
    ...
    Elliot it is not pure PI, as i understood it is hybrid between I/B and PI.
    Misty and spurious job done there, i tell you!
    Until book arrives...

    Leave a comment:


  • Elliot
    replied
    Originally posted by Elliot View Post
    Congratulations George on your work. I was literally thinking yesterday that an iron discriminating pi must be close, and then I was tipped off by someone else at 6am today about your new project! The science has been around for a while now, but to pull it together and publish it is fantastic! It must have been a mammoth effort to get it this far, so well done. By copy to 6666, maybe we can go halves in shipping to Melbourne to reduce postage costs?
    Postage was only $3.90 to Australia. Order has been made

    Leave a comment:


  • Elliot
    replied
    Congratulations George on your work. I was literally thinking yesterday that an iron discriminating pi must be close, and then I was tipped off by someone else at 6am today about your new project! The science has been around for a while now, but to pull it together and publish it is fantastic! It must have been a mammoth effort to get it this far, so well done. By copy to 6666, maybe we can go halves in shipping to Melbourne to reduce postage costs?

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Really glad there's a few more on board for this new project,,,Really looking forward to this thread! Having this new project has cured some of my 'Covid lockdown blues'!! Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X