Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concentric coil for TGSL.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • saber
    replied
    Thanks Don

    Can i use this coil for quasar AVR? Please help me.

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    On a popular beginner machine from US in yellow plastic - they use a 2.2uF

    Im not saying you need a cap.


    But some brands have one. Try without and with there may be not difference. S

    Leave a comment:


  • ashefr10
    replied
    ok , thanks , are what what value of capacitor is known puts you one between the 2 gnd?

    Originally posted by golfnut View Post
    Many commercial coils do this ML and Nel do on at least some of their models.

    Nel have two coaxes. The coaxes are kept apart in the Head and the cable - the braids are grounded in the box end only.

    [ATTACH]27933[/ATTACH]

    s

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Many commercial coils do this ML and Nel do on at least some of their models.

    Nel have two coaxes. The coaxes are kept apart in the Head and the cable - the braids are grounded in the box end only.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	338948

    s

    Leave a comment:


  • ashefr10
    replied
    Ok Don Thanks ,
    So the second cabblage is best for the wet grass. it does not need to connect Tx end and Rx end shielding. So the screen is just connected to the aluminum around the coils

    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    Hello Nico.
    I prefer this grounding configuration.
    Don..

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Hello Nico.
    I prefer this grounding configuration.
    Don..
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ashefr10
    replied
    hi Don , my coil double D house is sensitive to wet grass, I however correctly armoured this one which do you do propose to me? thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    No worries, I do this all of the time - I too am scatterbrained -

    S

    Leave a comment:


  • multieagle
    replied
    Looking back, I see that I sort of hijacked this thread. Chalk it up to being a novice at this detecting forum thingy, and my habit of scattered thinking. I apologize to dfbowers for screwing up the drift of things. Will start a new thread dealing with my particular questions, PI coil peculiarities through the eyes of a novice.

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Hi multi eagle - in order to help we need to know more.


    What machine is this coil on - PI? IB VLF?

    What is the coil construction? Mono? Saying "I constructed a 9" coil with doubled (-+ wires)," conveys little


    Are there 1,2,3 coils.

    Were you trying to make a concentric - like in the thread?


    20 unknowns leaves us, not knowing..

    S



    I

    Leave a comment:


  • multieagle
    replied
    Same thing outdoors. The two unshielded coils display no action with positive/neg wires hanging free. Once the neg/pos wires are connected, the coils become very lively, with a magnetic field detected about five inches from surfaces. The other shielded coil shows low level activity until the pos/neg/shield ground wires are connected and then I get the high level magnetic aura detectable by the pro-pointer. With all three coils the whole inner coil is active over the perimeter established by the coil dimensions. I assume this is natural. I did not expect there to be a detectable field until a DC power/current was applied. Just a learning curve, I guess.

    Thanks for the replies.

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Took delivery of a NEL 12 1/2 x 8 1/2 scratch cover - one day make a larger ellipse ellipse type DD with it..

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4634.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	335800

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4635.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	335801

    S

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Concentric with ground wire taped on prior to graphite epoxy skim.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4631.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	335798


    Now with...
    Graphite epoxy / Buck and Rx coil - did about 300 to 350 Rx turns ( 12.6mH )
    I also did too few buck turns - will require more on outside of Rx coil.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4632.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	310.9 KB
ID:	335799
    s

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    try it out of doors, away from pc, tv , wifi etc and may be fine.
    S

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    It is quite possible that your wires, being stranded, are responsible for this effect, and it is actually very good.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X