Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Litz Wire Coil
Collapse
X
-
Wow now I am confused, what I get out of your post is a flat spiral wound coil has less capacitance than a basket weave coil? I assume that the coils were not wound with Litz wire ? If I am wrong please feel free to correct me. I think a spiral coil wound be much easier to wind. I sure would appreciate any information? Best to all Jim
-
Originally posted by dbanner View Post6666, I noticed the same thing as well, That is why I abandoned making basket weave a long time ago, in favor of flat spiral. The last spiral i made gave me the best results ever. It turned my surf pi into a monster. I get app. 10 inches depth on most coins,12 inches on gold ring.These are actual tests in dry beach sand over here. I'm looking for a simple jig that would make winding flat coil much easier.
thats easy, a spacer and 2 disks, one disk with slots to apply glue.
Leave a comment:
-
And this is best coil calculator i have ever used for bundle coils. It is very accurate when compared to actual measured coil.Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
6666, I noticed the same thing as well, That is why I abandoned making basket weave a long time ago, in favor of flat spiral. The last spiral i made gave me the best results ever. It turned my surf pi into a monster. I get app. 10 inches depth on most coins,12 inches on gold ring.These are actual tests in dry beach sand over here. I'm looking for a simple jig that would make winding flat coil much easier.
Leave a comment:
-
I would like to thank all the board members for so much information, about the Litz wire wound coils. I find the coils to be the most interesting part of a P.I. type detector. I think that is where the magic is located an why some detectors work spot on an others well not so good. I use two different P.I. detector boards, the results with either detector is same when testing coils. I did watch the you tube video about repairing the Australian detector coil, for the life of me I can not see where the carbon paper is of any benefit. Thanks again for answering my questions I have had. Best to all Jim
Leave a comment:
-
Its interesting re reading that PDF, it states the capacitance for that type of wind is about 80 pF, which is pretty low and should give a fairly fast coil,Originally posted by dbanner View Posthere are some variations on basket weave coil and instructions on how to make.
by comparison when we look at the estimated / measured capacitance of SIMPLE flat basket weave / flat spiral weave coils they appear to be even lower.
Dont know why the second image turned sideways.
Leave a comment:
-
here are some variations on basket weave coil and instructions on how to make.
Leave a comment:
-
Look at the output of the pre-amp with an oscilloscope, and use a damping resistor adjustment tool to achieve critical damping. Then measure the resistance and replace the tool with a fixed damping resistor.Originally posted by James View PostI have one more question for the Guru's, how critical is the value of the damping resistor to over all coil performance? I am using a 390 ohm and it seems to work, but I notice that damping resistor are not talked about on the coil part of the board. Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I am always open to learn new information. Best to all Jim
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...785#post227785
Leave a comment:
-
I have one more question for the Guru's, how critical is the value of the damping resistor to over all coil performance? I am using a 390 ohm and it seems to work, but I notice that damping resistor are not talked about on the coil part of the board. Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I am always open to learn new information. Best to all Jim
Leave a comment:
-
-
posting pics Click reply
go advanced
manage attachments
add files
browse
select file
upload
click done
Leave a comment:
-
I would be happy to post some pics. I have the hardest time posting pics to this board. I try an figure out what I am doing wrong. Best to all Jim
Leave a comment:
-
I found that video on youtube, its actually easier than it looks once you have a sticky base.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: