Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacuum forming coil housings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Molzar
    replied
    Really Cool! Wish I could make these...unfortunately the oven is wife's domain....Maybe I can use hair dryer?....OH that is wife's domain too!!

    How do you trim after forming? How are you making forms? Are you also making covers? or just filling up with epoxy?

    McMaster Carr has all sorts of raw material (plastics in sheet form) and tons of other useful hardware stuff. (Epoxies Too!!) Prices are good, fast shipping, good company....

    McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.


    Molzar

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    started a topic Vacuum forming coil housings

    Vacuum forming coil housings

    I have been experimenting with making my own coil shells with some success. I have been using what I have on hand. I the example below, I used a simple plastic sign, heated in an oven to 425 degrees and placed onto a vacuum form.. Really easy to make.

    But.. I have been looking for a source of Plastic commonly used to form detector coils, something a little more durable. Anyone have a connection?

    Also, can anyone tell me where I can find "the right kind" of epoxy filler domestically? I seem to remember Carl or someone mentioning it an a post somewhere. Maplin??

    Thanks!

    Don
    Attached Files
Working...
X