Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
There is only one detector better than Deus - it is Deus with larger coil!
Collapse
X
-
Finally today my first encounter with Deus 2.
An opportunity to take it to the field, which serves as a "reference" for checking the detectors.
The shortest description... translated from Serbian would be "wormwood and misery".
I'm so disappointed that I didn't even want to take pictures and record a video.
The last picture, on the cliff, is my Deus 1 with a 34x28cm coil.
Deus 2 is owned by my brother-in-law, he bought it new a couple of weeks ago.
We've tried literally everything from on-site setup.
We also had detailed instructions with us. We also had cell net and watched a dozen YouTube clips.
Unfortunately... I'm honestly disappointed, because I was planning to buy it this year.
That will not happen. The Deus 1 still stays home as the main machine.
Ok, this is not a definitive conclusion.
A relatively new machine requires a certain learning curve, certainly.
But for the first day these are very bad experiences.
A friend of mine from Bulgaria told me the same thing a several months ago.
He was one of the first to buy Deus 2.
And after a few months he decided to sell it.
I don't know if he sold it or if he still gives it chances.
But today I saw literally 100% the same thing that my friend described to me then.
Deus 2 has no chance on these type of soils.
A pity!
But ok, it is here, let's give it a time...
Nothing comes easy and overnight.
Certain learning curve is obviously needed.
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Well I have replaced IL43 and A8A but no joy. I now think that the processor is at fault. The screen is locked on UPDATE. Tried updating with the Deus update app, but there is no communication with the processor. Looks like it will be a new PCB or a new machine.Originally posted by Skippy View PostMy thoughts: pnp bipolar transistor ( maybe with internal base resistors), or p-channel mosfet.
Pin1 = base ( or gate )
Pin2 = emitter ( or source )
Pin 3 = collector ( or drain )
I think 'A8A' turns on 'IL43' , in turn switching the 4-pin device etc.
Monitor the voltage on pin1, see if it toggles due to a Power button press, see what changes on pin 3. Pin 3 may latch/stay high after the power button is released, if correctly working.
Leave a comment:
-
Thank you kt315Originally posted by kt315 View Posttry to check by this tester. you may buy it at chinese site. he has special pads for all types of SMD.
https://www.geotech1.com/forums/album.php?albumid=113
Looks like a useful piece of kit.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks SkippyOriginally posted by Skippy View PostI found this useful SMD marking list on S-manuals:
L43 does fit as a dual schottky diode.
Marking of electronic components, SMD Codes L4, L4 *, L4***, L4-, L4-***, L42, L43, L44, L4B, L4P, L4W, L4p, L4t. Datasheets 2SC1623, 2SC1623W, ADP3330ART-3, BAT54, BAT54A, BAT54C, BAT54S, BAT54W, BZX384-B7V5, EML4, NL17SZ32DFT2, NL17SZ32XV5T2, RT9819E-26PV, SST504, Si2304BDS, UML4N.
There is also this SMD code list:
https://www.web-bcs.com/chips/chip_list.php?ssize=
The bcs code list points to a BC847 NPN transistor
Leave a comment:
-
I found this useful SMD marking list on S-manuals:
L43 does fit as a dual schottky diode.
Marking of electronic components, SMD Codes L4, L4 *, L4***, L4-, L4-***, L42, L43, L44, L4B, L4P, L4W, L4p, L4t. Datasheets 2SC1623, 2SC1623W, ADP3330ART-3, BAT54, BAT54A, BAT54C, BAT54S, BAT54W, BZX384-B7V5, EML4, NL17SZ32DFT2, NL17SZ32XV5T2, RT9819E-26PV, SST504, Si2304BDS, UML4N.
There is also this SMD code list:
Leave a comment:
-
-
My thoughts: pnp bipolar transistor ( maybe with internal base resistors), or p-channel mosfet.
Pin1 = base ( or gate )
Pin2 = emitter ( or source )
Pin 3 = collector ( or drain )
I think 'A8A' turns on 'IL43' , in turn switching the 4-pin device etc.
Monitor the voltage on pin1, see if it toggles due to a Power button press, see what changes on pin 3. Pin 3 may latch/stay high after the power button is released, if correctly working.
Leave a comment:
-
I can see from your photo my guess is wrong, not a single diode BAS40. All 3 leads are connected. Anyway good luck!
Soft switch circuits
A new Quick Bits! We often want to turn on a microcontroller (MCU)-based product or project with the press of a button. This is quite simple if the microprocessor is already running in the background. Most MCU families offer a range of low-power sleep modes with the ability to wake the processor on a button press. But what if we want to consume no power at all until the button is pressed?
Leave a comment:
-
Thank you to all who have responded.
Unfortunately, there is not another IL43C on the board.
I have spent several hours today looking at top-marks but unfortunately cannot find anything conclusive. Here are photographs as requested.
The PCB is multi-layer, but all components are on one side. The bottom just houses the display.
The on/off function button connects Vb (3.7V)
to bottom left of IL43C
The bottom right of IL43C connects to a ten pin device marked 806I 1035. Again, I can't find out what this is, but I think it is the battery charging section.
The top pin of IL43C finds its way via a couple of resistors to an unknown 4 pin device marked U24 to a device marked DtO which is connected to pins 17 and 18 of the PIC24FJ128GB106.
Seems like we are trying to crack a secret code.
I think IL43C could be a transistor, so if we can't find out what it is, I will try connecting a universal PNP and a universal NPN transistor to see what happens. Not much to lose - might even release some magic smoke.
Leave a comment:
-
I throw my guess into the hat. Maybe a BAS40 schotky diode? Like others said a photo would be helpful
All these data sheets reference a "43" as a single diode in a sot-23 package
Vishay is here to help visitors locate part numbers, inventory, design resources, and contact information on our website.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: