Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is only one detector better than Deus - it is Deus with larger coil!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Skippy
    replied
    "I believe it is a transistor identified as IL43C"

    More info is needed, a photo would help a lot. We need to identify the package, and see what part of the circuitry it's joined up to.
    Also : Are there any other IL43C parts on the PCB ? If there are, you have the opportunity to remove the 'good' one, to measure it up, and possibly swap them over, etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    ...didnt help in this case but there is a handy dandy SMD code book here ... seems to be a free resource.



    moodz

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Надёжный и очень быстрый фотохостинг вообще без рекламы, хранящий ваши фото неограниченно долго. Работает с 2009 года.


    ...not sure if this is it. could not find the SMD version. PNP TRANSISTOR 2SA636

    Prob just a date / manuf code.

    moodz

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Often with tiny devices the real part number won't fit so they instead use what's called a "top mark." IL43C might be a top mark, and usually an Internet search won't reveal what it means. Instead, you have to look at manufacturers' top mark cross references and even those aren't easy to find. And if you start out not even knowing the manufacturer, you're in a deep hole.

    I would try to figure out what components and supplies are connected to the device, that will usually tell you what it is.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    I think I have traced the problem to a device with three pads. I believe it is a transistor identified as IL43C which is probably a Chinese identifier. Does anyone know what it is and what is the international equivalent?

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    Typically a "soft" power button triggers a solid state switch (usually a MOSFET) and at the same time the button state is read by the micro. It sounds like the solid state switch is zapped but the micro is still able to read the button. However, the micro can only read it once powered on so without the switch to kick on the power circuits it remains dead. Plugging in the power supply apparently bypasses the switch. So You would need to pop open the control box and figure out the power-on circuitry to determine likely cause of failure. This is not an easy task with an aggressive SMT board.
    Thanks Carl
    I was rather hoping that you might say easy fix but looks like I have a challenge on my hands. Gives me three options, carry on as I am, try and fix it or finish building the Arduino PI and Voodoo. The following video is not the same problem, but gives me an idea of where to start looking on the PCB XP Deus Metal Detector Remote Repair - No Power - Bing video

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Typically a "soft" power button triggers a solid state switch (usually a MOSFET) and at the same time the button state is read by the micro. It sounds like the solid state switch is zapped but the micro is still able to read the button. However, the micro can only read it once powered on so without the switch to kick on the power circuits it remains dead. Plugging in the power supply apparently bypasses the switch. So You would need to pop open the control box and figure out the power-on circuitry to determine likely cause of failure. This is not an easy task with an aggressive SMT board.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Can anyone help please?
    I have been running my Deus 1 for something over ten years, but now I have a problem. The "ON" button will not switch the machine on, but it will switch off. All other functions on the button work OK. To get it working I have to plug in a power supply to the control box. (I usually use a power bank) and the machine comes to life without having to push the "ON" button. I have had this issue for some time now, but last week I decided to fit a new battery and a new front cover as I thought the button contacts might be badly worn. Unfortunately, I still have the same problem. I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction as I am reluctant the spend 600GBP on a new control box. I am running version 5.2 software.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    In soil always looks so better and promising:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Coin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	363469
    Once washed in water; it shows all its defects and damages:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Score.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	422.8 KB
ID:	363470
    And when there are no more findings; at least there are mushrooms:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DaMush.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	363471
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Mush.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	785.4 KB
ID:	363472

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Look for used Gpx which starts at 1500-1800.
    I will keep an eye out for one

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Look for used Gpx which starts at 1500-1800.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Took the deus 2 this week to a place where Gpx5000 pulled 3 coins in 5 minutes and i had zilch signals. Just beep and chattering. For the same money ad deus 2 you could get second hand gpx and in my book thats better. Still havent sold mine but i feel the day is near.
    I would expect the GPX5000 to better for the price which almost ?3K more than the Deus. Sadley, I can't afford GPX5000

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Took the deus 2 this week to a place where Gpx5000 pulled 3 coins in 5 minutes and i had zilch signals. Just beep and chattering. For the same money ad deus 2 you could get second hand gpx and in my book thats better. Still havent sold mine but i feel the day is near.

    Leave a comment:


  • Locator
    replied
    Which is the depth of Deus(with big coil)for a helmet in the soil?

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Today are different and new times. I bet over 30% (maybe more) of the forum members are already using services like JLPcb or PCBWay or some similar.
    Many of us have already completely switched to SMT technology.
    We all know that making a much more complicated pcb than the one carried by Deus; so cheap it's just unbelievable!
    10 such pcbs will cost no more than $7-8 and plus standard postage no more than $10-15.
    And if, along with the production of the pcb itself, we also order a complete assembly with most of the components; the price is still incredibly low.
    So making a complete Deus pcb with all components would be $20-30 per piece at most.
    Even that is a big price, for larger quantities the price drops drastically.
    But they (XP, ML and similar) will charge you at least 20-30x more to replace the pcb.
    What do they charge?
    Code in the processor. And the fact that you as a customer have no choice.
    We know that XP has grown into a mega-producer, producing millions of copies.
    So the whole story is so much uglier. That kind of arrogance and rapacity just annoys me.
    And ML is even worse. I'm actually not sure; which of the two companies is worse in relation to customers.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X