Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is only one detector better than Deus - it is Deus with larger coil!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    I think the problem here might be tolerance. I suspect that like many other things, the Deus 2 is built to price rather than quality. Some machines will operate close to the top end of the tolerance range and therefore perform better than those which operate closer to the bottom end of the tolerance range, with the remainder operating somewhere in between. If you are lucky enough to purchase a machine which operates at the upper end, then you have a great machine. However, if you buy a machine which operates at the lower end, then you will be disappointed. Anywhere in between will probably be regarded as acceptable. It is like most things in life, a gamble. The only answer is for Deus to tighten their tolerance range to + or - 0% thus ensuring that every machine operates at its optimum performance. This is what I would expect for the money.
    That makes sense. I remember when the Deus 1 came out. I bought the "second" or "third" series, in 2012.
    It was the "first" series that did not have a magnet on the remote but a plastic part for mounting on the shaft.
    It seems I was lucky, because it was still a very high quality production.
    Proof of this is the duration and reliability of work. Even after 10 years, the machine works just as well.
    And I replaced the batteries only recently, which is rare.
    However, as a "serviceman", I later met with newer series where there was an obvious decline in quality.
    More and more defects, failures and faults. I noticed this more on coils and less on remotes.
    On average, 10% of the remotes failed immediately after a couple of weeks of operation or, at best, after a couple of months.
    And there was nothing that could be done, except to send the remote control back to an authorized service center.
    Based on "insider" information; I know for a fact that they don't service anything in the service centers either, but replace old pcbs with new ones.
    On machines like Deus; it is cheaper to replace the pcb with a new one; rather than servicing a broken pcb.
    The automated process of making a complete pcb is so fast and cheap these days that it is pointless to waste time and resources on troubleshooting an old pcb.
    But when it comes to XP (and ML), even though it's all really cheap; they charge such "services" stupidly and obscenely expensive!
    When it comes to the Gold Max Power and Gmaxx II models, the situation is a little different, some pcbs can be serviced.
    And as for coils; the average is worse, almost 30% of coils fail in the first couple of months and about 5% have some defect while they are new in the package.
    Of course, take all of this with a grain of salt.
    I live in a small country, with a small population, even fewer detectors, even fewer who have one of the XP detectors.
    So those statistics of mine are not valid for larger markets.
    ...
    The "education" of the user should also be taken into account. How will they treat the equipment as owners.
    With knowledge, attention and according to the instructions... or with complete ignorance, like a wild pig that broke into a pastry shop.
    In my "career" I have seen everything!
    From a state of positive "disorder" of the relationship towards the beloved detector to a state of total negative "disorder"!
    I belong a little bit to the first ones. My detector is a "holy place" for me. And with that I said everything.
    But I also saw a lot of consequences on detectors whose owners are small-minded "wild pigs"...
    So we can't put all the blame on the manufacturer.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by urge38 View Post
    NOT trying to big myself up, but I have a quite peculiar brain, I must be on the spectrum somewhere lol, but I have an extremely high sense of awareness, I pick up on the tiniest of detail or difference, much to the annoyance of others.

    My point being, to me, the two Deus 2s I had, were like chalk and cheese.

    The second replacement control box I could swear was a manufacture second,

    but my point is, these and all detectors to that matter should be free from defect straight out of the box,

    On a positive note, I did absolutely love the construction of the control box, it felt extreme well made,
    I think the problem here might be tolerance. I suspect that like many other things, the Deus 2 is built to price rather than quality. Some machines will operate close to the top end of the tolerance range and therefore perform better than those which operate closer to the bottom end of the tolerance range, with the remainder operating somewhere in between. If you are lucky enough to purchase a machine which operates at the upper end, then you have a great machine. However, if you buy a machine which operates at the lower end, then you will be disappointed. Anywhere in between will probably be regarded as acceptable. It is like most things in life, a gamble. The only answer is for Deus to tighten their tolerance range to + or - 0% thus ensuring that every machine operates at its optimum performance. This is what I would expect for the money.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by urge38 View Post
    NOT trying to big myself up, but I have a quite peculiar brain, I must be on the spectrum somewhere lol, but I have an extremely high sense of awareness, I pick up on the tiniest of detail or difference, much to the annoyance of others.

    My point being, to me, the two Deus 2s I had, were like chalk and cheese.

    The second replacement control box I could swear was a manufacture second,

    but my point is, these and all detectors to that matter should be free from defect straight out of the box,

    On a positive note, I did absolutely love the construction of the control box, it felt extreme well made,
    Every their product is well made.
    I've been following XP from their early days.
    I had several XP models, all of them very good for the time they appeared on market.
    Very nice performers on the soil.
    After all, i started this topic 10 years back, and still am standing behind my words from the first posts on this topic.
    And still am keeping my Deus 1 and using it. Still satisfied with it.
    Deus 2 interests me. Logically.
    But the problem is lack of money to buy it.
    And now these recent bad reports from first customers.
    All what's happening in the Deus 1 and now in the Deus 2; is happening in the code.
    Hardware is there only to support main processor. And everything else is in the code.
    So, if there are some issuess with first series of the Deus 2; then i tend to beleive those issues are most likely related to the code and less likely to the hardware.
    Though; i would not rule out even that possibility, that something may be wrong in the hardware too.
    But accoridng to collected experiences so far; most likely it is about the code.
    And that's good news. Because what's bad in code: can be easily overcame with new updates, hopefully.
    Now i am waiting time to pass, we to see several new updates and than to read new reports.
    If they manage to fix the issues with new updates; then Deus 2 is still in the game.

    Leave a comment:


  • urge38
    replied
    NOT trying to big myself up, but I have a quite peculiar brain, I must be on the spectrum somewhere lol, but I have an extremely high sense of awareness, I pick up on the tiniest of detail or difference, much to the annoyance of others.

    My point being, to me, the two Deus 2s I had, were like chalk and cheese.

    The second replacement control box I could swear was a manufacture second,

    but my point is, these and all detectors to that matter should be free from defect straight out of the box,

    On a positive note, I did absolutely love the construction of the control box, it felt extreme well made,

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    That does it!
    You are not the first one reporting various issues with new Deus II.
    I heard too many reports with too many different issues... that i can stand.
    So my final decision is not to buy the Deus II until several years passed and they eventually put on market the flawless version.
    Even then i will wait reports from others to asure me it is the right thing.
    Thanks for sharing here your experiences with the Deus II.

    Leave a comment:


  • urge38
    replied
    I am NOT a Deus 2 fan I have to say.

    I swung one (or should I say two) for three weeks

    I found quite a few problems with the two I had.

    if you turned on the unit in programme beach P it would give a different audio response to if you switched from an other program into beach P (obviously a software issue but non the less,

    This, being the first unit, it was overly sensitive and unusable in standard, out off the box programs,

    it go changed for a replacement unit, the second unit was so much smother on the beach but now, but it lacked any depth or power, this second control box still had the issue with starting in beach P, but to a lesser amount BUT now the clock kept losing time,

    The last straw came when the Ariel for water use started weeping water up from the coil clip, the copper cable was not liking the salt water at all.

    NOT a grate start from what should have not issues before going to market,

    I can buy a cheap ?5 watch from any market and it will keep time,

    no one thinks of the end user and the time lost with after sale issues, NOT impressed to be honest

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    Thank you.
    My batteries are also more than 10 years old so probably time for changing.

    Unfortunatelly I lost the direct link, try to search on Aliexpress.
    After initial charging, several days ago; from time to time I am checking the state of the batteries.
    It shows 100% full at both.
    Seems it was a good trade.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    The one with 700mA is new one.
    Thank you.
    My batteries are also more than 10 years old so probably time for changing.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    Which is the new battery and which is the old?
    The one with 700mA is new one.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Finally, after 10 years (and a few months more); I decided to replace the batteries on the Deus, on the remote and on the coil.
    This is the first time (I know it sounds unbelievable, when it comes to me) that I opened my remote and coil!
    Because... in the meantime, I changed the batteries for others, so I've already seen the inside, that's the only reason.
    The batteries were supplied to me by a friend on Aliexpress. At a good price.
    The "original" replacement set is 50e !!! For one battery!!! So that's the main reason I've been putting this off.
    Such prices are an insult to intelligence.
    And these batteries from Ali are 10x cheaper.
    The original batteries didn't completely fail, they could still be used, so I put them aside and will keep them.

    [ATTACH]57637[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]57638[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]57639[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]57640[/ATTACH]

    When I opened the coil to take out the old battery, I smelled a characteristic smell, the kind Lipo batteries emit when the casing is punctured or cut.
    And it seems to me that that battery is very slightly inflated. In the end; it also showed a decrease in capacity, while the battery in the remote still did not.
    Still... 10 full years! A rare case indeed.
    I think the main "formula for success" is that I never put away the detector and the coil without first putting both on the charger and charging the batteries to the end.
    Always after returning from the field.
    And when I don't often go to the field, I regularly recharge the batteries every 20 days.
    This type of Lipo battery seems to require constant attention and "tension".
    Another possible reason may be that Deus does not "pull" the current suddenly, but consumes it constantly and evenly at the same pace.
    And there is one more thing, never in these 10 years have I changed the TX power. It is always at the default value.
    These are all just assumptions, maybe not all of them are true. But it is worth mentioning.
    Which is the new battery and which is the old?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Powerful modern Android and iOS "smartphones" are known to be extreme consumers of electricity.
    Especially when using strong resources (playing games with good graphics and extreme sound), when using GPS service, BT and WiFi, etc.
    Or when the network signal is weak and the phone constantly searches for a signal...
    Or when the display is with high resolution and many colors. Some types of displays consumes much more than others.
    And as such, phones are "extreme" consumers, which may draw a lot of current at the moment.
    Such "erratic" behavior affects battery life.
    The paradox is the following: in the past, phones were much weaker and consumed electricity more moderately, and then everyone had a
    back cover and an easily accessible replaceable battery.
    Nowadays, phones are extreme current consumers... and there are almost no models on the market where the battery can be easily reached,
    they are all closed, without a back cover and the battery is deeply "trapped" inside.
    To replace such a battery, you need to go to a service center and pay a decent amount!
    Very rarely does anyone decide to do something like that. Mainly when the battery gets weak; the owner changes the phone.
    There is also a marketing trick, exchanging "old for new" with an insignificant discount when buying a new one.
    What does this all look like to you? What does this all boil down to?
    The questions are rhetorical. I will not give my answers and opinions.
    Because they are so radical that I would provoke the administrators to warn me and delete my posts.
    But my views are known from before.
    There is a simple method of fighting against what is happening in the world in terms of "consumer mania" and the totally incorrect
    behavior of companies and traders towards customers.
    I simply refuse to participate in it! And I'm always looking for an alternative solution.
    I will not buy "new" as long as the "old" serves me well. And when it stops; I will think carefully about whether I really need a "new" one.
    I refuse to be cattle in a consumer stampede.
    And in that way I to finance idlers and worthless characters in power.
    Who all work for the military industrial complexes and various "shadow governments", "deep states" and similar reptiles.
    And in this way I oppose them. They will never see my money. And I will try to bother them and cause damage to them as much and as often as possible.
    Whoever thinks that I am writing nonsense here ... just remember the current state of the world. And let him think of what is yet to come this winter...
    We slept too long. It's time for a cold shower and a sudden awakening.
    Until is too late.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Finally, after 10 years (and a few months more); I decided to replace the batteries on the Deus, on the remote and on the coil.
    This is the first time (I know it sounds unbelievable, when it comes to me) that I opened my remote and coil!
    Because... in the meantime, I changed the batteries for others, so I've already seen the inside, that's the only reason.
    The batteries were supplied to me by a friend on Aliexpress. At a good price.
    The "original" replacement set is 50e !!! For one battery!!! So that's the main reason I've been putting this off.
    Such prices are an insult to intelligence.
    And these batteries from Ali are 10x cheaper.
    The original batteries didn't completely fail, they could still be used, so I put them aside and will keep them.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220715_123136.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	363186
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220715_123151.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	363187
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220715_123145.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	363188
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220715_123143.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	363189

    When I opened the coil to take out the old battery, I smelled a characteristic smell, the kind Lipo batteries emit when the casing is punctured or cut.
    And it seems to me that that battery is very slightly inflated. In the end; it also showed a decrease in capacity, while the battery in the remote still did not.
    Still... 10 full years! A rare case indeed.
    I think the main "formula for success" is that I never put away the detector and the coil without first putting both on the charger and charging the batteries to the end.
    Always after returning from the field.
    And when I don't often go to the field, I regularly recharge the batteries every 20 days.
    This type of Lipo battery seems to require constant attention and "tension".
    Another possible reason may be that Deus does not "pull" the current suddenly, but consumes it constantly and evenly at the same pace.
    And there is one more thing, never in these 10 years have I changed the TX power. It is always at the default value.
    These are all just assumptions, maybe not all of them are true. But it is worth mentioning.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    A buddy of mine just sold his Deus II and bought Deus I /again/. Unstable behavior, wrong VDI numbers, loss of depth. Just confirmed his complaints.
    XP didn't really do a great job after 10 years they've taken a successful detector, turned it to basically junk device and doubled the price.
    Good luck to XP with customer support & complaints. I've not decided to upgrade to Deus I or just pick another brand. I guess I'm keeping fingers crossed they will push an update and fix the damn device.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    As time goes on; I get more and more reports from all sides about Deus 2.
    Unfortunately, none of them are positive.
    There seems to be something seriously wrong with Deus 2.
    And it doesn't just seem to be about the firmware.
    People complain that it is unstable in behavior. But there are cases when it doesn't work exactly, that VDI makes a lot of mistakes.
    There are also a couple of cases where the machine "freezes" at the moment. There are bugs.
    There is also one case that the connection between the coil and the machine is often broken and lost.
    I don't know what this is about !?
    But I'm certainly very disappointed because I didn't expect that from XP, especially after 10 years of experience with Deus 1.
    One thing I am sure of; I will not waste my hard earned money so easily by buying Deus 2.
    I'll wait to see what happens. Will XP come out with an official announcement and explanation.
    And whether they will find out what the problem is and solve it.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    I suspect the answer will be "switch to single frequency mode on highly mineralized ground". Thing is 99% of the suites have some type of soil disturbance such as mineralization or ferrous particles and the thing is I didn't spend 1600 Euro, as you say price is high, to work in single freq. mode. I really hate I sold the previous Deus.
    That's why i am keeping my Deus for 10 years. Without slightest intention to ever sell it.
    I had many splendid models and in time sold them. Than i regret much.
    So i decided to keep one for a change.
    ...
    Well, if you are right and it is all because you are trying to work in multi-f mode on "our" soils here (same soils, Serbia and Bulgaria); then it is not suitable and not interesting for us here at all.
    I would really like to know how this case will end up.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X