Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
There is only one detector better than Deus - it is Deus with larger coil!
Collapse
X
-
I suspect the answer will be "switch to single frequency mode on highly mineralized ground". Thing is 99% of the suites have some type of soil disturbance such as mineralization or ferrous particles and the thing is I didn't spend 1600 Euro, as you say price is high, to work in single freq. mode. I really hate I sold the previous Deus.
-
Oh that's bad!Originally posted by eclipse View PostHere the XP official distributor is highly unreliable. Shortly after I bought the Deus 1, the display started showing errors and such. Contacted the distributor and I got shi***load of shouting that I've damaged the remote. Without even he knowing the condition of the device, which was perfect ofcourse. Tried to take cash for the repair. Didn't get anything and I got it serviced for free and lame excuse when I got back that the device in deed was in perfect condition and wasn't my fault the display went wrong. I may end up just getting rid of it and get some other brand. I like the wireless feature but I don't like the rest. The problem is the video reviews of the device are not real condition. In real condition you have roman ceramic, mineralized stones and stuff, rusty chucks of metal. Discrimination & stability in soil DOES NOT SHINE so far, and keep in mind I've used the previous Deus for some time so I'm aware how to operate those...
You should contact the XP directly, their customer service and tell them all about your troubles with the distributor.
In the past Alain Loube was available to contact with, today i don't know. But i am sure they will do something about.
In Serbia we have one distributor, splendid and fair guy, always available for customers.
From some previous experiences i know for sure that they in XP will do something about and see what is all about, you just need to contact them.
I am so curious about real live experience with the Deus II. But present situation in world and its nominal price will delay much a chance me to see it in alive.
1600e became HUGE sum for me lately. Impossible to collect and spend on a "toy", because there are so more serious and urgent things to solve with a money.
So, i will have to wait. And there is a chance that i will never be in position to see it live.
...
Yes, what you see on Youtube is pretty far from the reality we have in our local sites. That's why is important to have it and test it on your own.
Leave a comment:
-
Here the XP official distributor is highly unreliable. Shortly after I bought the Deus 1, the display started showing errors and such. Contacted the distributor and I got shi***load of shouting that I've damaged the remote. Without even he knowing the condition of the device, which was perfect ofcourse. Tried to take cash for the repair. Didn't get anything and I got it serviced for free and lame excuse when I got back that the device in deed was in perfect condition and wasn't my fault the display went wrong. I may end up just getting rid of it and get some other brand. I like the wireless feature but I don't like the rest. The problem is the video reviews of the device are not real condition. In real condition you have roman ceramic, mineralized stones and stuff, rusty chucks of metal. Discrimination & stability in soil DOES NOT SHINE so far, and keep in mind I've used the previous Deus for some time so I'm aware how to operate those...
Leave a comment:
-
That's strange!?Originally posted by eclipse View PostYesterday I've used the Deus II for few more hours. Like previously stated it's very chattery and unstable on ground, with unstable target numbers as well. I did manage to recover some ultra small coins but I'm not liking this machine very much at the moment I hate I sold the previous Deus I. I think they overlooked the problem with stability on soil and rushed to kick off the product, "will fix via software update if we have customer complaints" type deal.
There is always a chance that you got a bad luck and faulty device from a start. More likely bad coil then bad remote.
I saw only few similar cases so far with brand new coils for Deus 1. They came faulty from the manufacturer.
For example; one coil that i freshly recall; worked but remote not giving VDI numbers at all and Disc wasn't accurate.
Later i checked and found out it was all about the coil. Remote was alright.
So customer complained and seller replaced the coil in short period of time.
It is hard to imagine, after all those "fuzz" in public in announcing it, several monhts ago; that they really released bad devices and coils, personally i doubt that.
Contact seller and complain.
Leave a comment:
-
Yesterday I've used the Deus II for few more hours. Like previously stated it's very chattery and unstable on ground, with unstable target numbers as well. I did manage to recover some ultra small coins but I'm not liking this machine very much at the moment I hate I sold the previous Deus I. I think they overlooked the problem with stability on soil and rushed to kick off the product, "will fix via software update if we have customer complaints" type deal.
Leave a comment:
-
What I didn't like is the "chattery" situation. I've tried Deus Fast, Generic and Sensitive programs. The terrain wasn't light but wasn't hot too. I will try lighter terrain next time perhaps. I really hate to reduce the Sensitivity. Terrains have been searched before and I wanted to have an edge over previous guys, you know Multi Freq all that stuff. I will try different terrain next time, perhaps a little bit more light without too much stones and ceramic.
Keep in mind that in YT videos you see comparisons between Nox 800 vs Deus 2 for example. And things look too much scientific. You have a clean terrain and one target and you know where the target is. In real life you are fighting with hot rocks every now and then, small pieces of iron, hits of the search coil in stones and you don't know the target position so it's a lot different.
Leave a comment:
-
Deus 2 need more tests until will find the right software version.Originally posted by eclipse View PostBought the Deus 2 and took it for a spin. Not very happy about it the first day. Very chattery and every now and then showed 31 on the screen briefly. Its not a dig signal but made me go recheck. Discrimination wise i did dig ferrous rusty junk so.. i dont know if its an upgrade at the moment.
You can lower sensitivity, change frequency to make it more silent. I like to use disc -6.4 to listen everything in the ground. Like that you can easily find sites. Big ferrous targets give unstable tone id and cracky sound when you draw the coil over the target. Iron rings may trick you. XY screen can help also. Coins will give clear signals in any position.
Leave a comment:
-
Give it a time.Originally posted by eclipse View PostBought the Deus 2 and took it for a spin. Not very happy about it the first day. Very chattery and every now and then showed 31 on the screen briefly. Its not a dig signal but made me go recheck. Discrimination wise i did dig ferrous rusty junk so.. i dont know if its an upgrade at the moment.
It reminds me on myself and first few days with Deus 1.
The devil is in details!
Leave a comment:
-
Bought the Deus 2 and took it for a spin. Not very happy about it the first day. Very chattery and every now and then showed 31 on the screen briefly. Its not a dig signal but made me go recheck. Discrimination wise i did dig ferrous rusty junk so.. i dont know if its an upgrade at the moment.
Leave a comment:
-
But!
There is something i forgot to tell.
Later on, years later, ORX appeared on market.
Cheaper, more affordable.
So several people from my place obtained it.
All came with white coils.
On the sites, working along with those people, exchanging machines for few hours to test them; i noticed that same white coil is not that impressive with ORX.
I don't know why is that.
Leave a comment:
-
I think i told this before, on some of the previous pages.Originally posted by ionut_mtb View PostAgree. Deus is great for iron infested sites (Settlements). 9? coil is the best there. Didn?t tried yet hf coil but i think higher frequency perform better (from my experience). Reactivity 4-5 tx power 1 18khz, narrow search field, fast separation, punches through the iron. Good for hammered coins. Otherwise 11? perform good for all around.
I am impressed with round HF coil.
I have old medieval settlement here close to my home.
A sharp hill and once in the past there was a fortress on the top of it.
Very mineralized soil. Lot of bushes, stones, rocks.
One day i took stock 22.5cm black coil with me and also HF 22.5cm white coil too.
And made comparisons.
While stock coil tends to chatter all over the place, no matter how i make adjustments; white coil remained silent all the time, with the same adjustments.
Depths the same, tough to be sure, subjective impression is that white coil is somewhat deeper.
On such places is close to impossible to move and work with larger coils.
Leave a comment:
-
Agree. Deus is great for iron infested sites (Settlements). 9? coil is the best there. Didn?t tried yet hf coil but i think higher frequency perform better (from my experience). Reactivity 4-5 tx power 1 18khz, narrow search field, fast separation, punches through the iron. Good for hammered coins. Otherwise 11? perform good for all around.Originally posted by Orbit View PostAs for the bigger coil for Deus, then Deus would no longer look like Deus, so they never made a bigger coil.
Leave a comment:
-
As for the bigger coil for Deus, then Deus would no longer look like Deus, so they never made a bigger coil.
Leave a comment:
-
Damn!
I must buy action cam.
It doesn't go on like this anymore.
Not only do I risk being crushed; I don't even have control over the recording ...
BTW in the last two days I have already fallen 3 times with a motorcycle!
But I learned to fall, so it passed without consequences ...
Except for a few scratches and scars ...
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: