If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
There is only one detector better than Deus - it is Deus with larger coil!
I couldn?t find any info on that links about. Can you please post the exact link? Thanks
Do you say multifrequency works on orx? With HF coil?
The latest news is that XP reacted very quickly and took legal action against those forums and posts on the subject. So it's no wonder you can't find anything. But we in Owoshuma took measures in time to preserve the published material. So in the coming period, we will find ways to present it to the public. So much for now.
From the beginning, I suspected in some fishy hoax by XP. The ORX has dots on the board that are provided for connecting another mini USB connector for update. But that is not documented anywhere. With a little effort, they are easy to locate and an additional USB connector can be connected, through which an update can be done. The moment it connects to the pc computer; the remote automatically switches to update mode. And to great surprise and astonishment; update for Deus 2 goes quite smoothly on ORX !!?!? Unfortunately, a similar attempt with Deus 1 fails. This is great and very good news for all ORX owners!
From the beginning, I suspected in some fishy hoax by XP. The ORX has dots on the board that are provided for connecting another mini USB connector for update. But that is not documented anywhere. With a little effort, they are easy to locate and an additional USB connector can be connected, through which an update can be done. The moment it connects to the pc computer; the remote automatically switches to update mode. And to great surprise and astonishment; update for Deus 2 goes quite smoothly on ORX !!?!? Unfortunately, a similar attempt with Deus 1 fails. This is great and very good news for all ORX owners!
Watching this video demonstration; I can't shake the impression of a funny, bizarre and, to a lesser extent, stupid paradox. In order to show all the new good qualities that Deus 2 brings with it; the character in a series of tests completely unknowingly showed how Deus 1 is actually a bad machine with many flaws! So, for someone who has no experience with Deus 1, and is watching this video; Deus 1 will turn out to be a very weak, bad machine that should be avoided! Of course, the character just wanted to show some of the innovations and benefits that Deus 2 brings. But the whole video turned out to be a ridiculous paradox and burlesque in fact! Until "yesterday", Deus 1 was intrusively advertised on their website and on the Internet as "the best, most advanced, technology ahead of all ..." And today from the same source we get conflicting information and illustrative examples of all the weaknesses and shortcomings of the same Deus 1. Isn't this an ideal picture of the market situation for these products? Is this not a perfect indicator of the state of mind and consciousness; as with manufacturers and sellers; as well as with a wide audience and customers ... And it has always been that way. With all manufacturers. Here XP is no exception and a lone case. The only difference is that all this is happening today in the age of the Internet, so the information is faster, more pervasive, reaching a larger and wider audience. There is no one universal truth. That's how it turns out. Who wants his truth; he must have experience with the detector in the long run. I have Deus 1 nine years. In these nine years, I have not changed my opinion about that machine. On the contrary. Today I am even stronger in the conviction I had on the first day. What I wrote in the first post on this topic; today I am also ready to sign. There is no doubt that the Deus 2 is a better machine. There is no doubt that it has its place in the market and in people's minds. But the things that are noticed, as in this video, are very clumsily planned and presented to the public and bring additional confusion to the already totally confused and crazy world of metal detectorists.
No, i have later model without magnet.
But it still drops when branch hits it.
I have here really tough sites, you can't imagine.
Good finds are always on most difficult places.
I adopted strong habit to carry it on collar from the first days.
Now i can't imagine nor stand to see it on the stem.
Carrying it like that; gives me total freedom to move stem with coil fast in all positions and to "stick" into hardest bushes.
And i mean total freedom in handling.
Remote is protected by the clothes, close to chests and simple knowing that; gives total freedom with stem and coil.
I adopted very good understanding of audio signals, so i don't really need to observe LCD and VDI all the time.
Maybe in 20% of targets i am not quite sure about it and than i look into LCD to see VDI and other info.
Usually it is thick alu foil or thick alu parts and pieces. Sometimes also thick lead can confuse me.
All other targets are so clear to me relying only on audio behavior.
Of course this is true only in my case with my local and usuall targets.
I am 34(35) years in this hobby. I visited all the sites here.
I still haven't found the answer to one question: does the Deus 2 remote come with a leather case like the Deus 1 remote? To most, this question will be meaningless, irrelevant. I have been using deus 1 for 9 years by attaching the case to the collar or the upper part of the clothes. in 9 years I haven't put a remote on a stem for a total of half an hour. The reason is clear, my terrains are such that I would surely damage the remote if I keep it on a stem. On the first day, it happened to get caught in a branch detached and fell off a stem. Since then I have been "wearing" and using it as described.
i recon you have early model with magnet? I prefer to keep the remote (when i had it) on the shaft so i can see the stability of the target ID and make easy adjustments. Now i use only the ws4:
One funny story is that one guy lost his orx remote control when metal detecting in the woods and after few months other detectorist found it and give back )
Leave a comment: