Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is only one detector better than Deus - it is Deus with larger coil!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    I still haven't found the answer to one question: does the Deus 2 remote come with a leather case like the Deus 1 remote?
    To most, this question will be meaningless, irrelevant. I have been using deus 1 for 9 years by attaching the case to the collar or the
    upper part of the clothes. in 9 years I haven't put a remote on a stem for a total of half an hour.
    The reason is clear, my terrains are such that I would surely damage the remote if I keep it on a stem. On the first day, it happened to
    get caught in a branch detached and fell off a stem. Since then I have been "wearing" and using it as described.

    Leave a comment:


  • ionut_mtb
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Todays score... not that good:

    [ATTACH]56469[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]56470[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]56471[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]56472[/ATTACH]
    Not that good?? Sometimes i detect all day without finding a coin… that’s depressing))

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Todays score... not that good:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220105_174113.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1,000.1 KB
ID:	362268
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220105_174146.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	842.3 KB
ID:	362269
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220105_174118.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	890.2 KB
ID:	362270
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220105_174143.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	820.4 KB
ID:	362271

    Leave a comment:


  • ionut_mtb
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Yes otoman ones. I assume XVI-XVII century. I am not good in reading the "glyphs" on those coins. Usually i consult one of my friends.
    Plenty of those coins here, scattered everywhere. From different periods. Not that easy targets. Too small. Deus is good in locating those.
    I've been already twice on that place in last several days and searched well that spot. Now i need larger coil. My larger coil is absent for 3 years, i gave it to a friend who is living far away from me.
    GP3000 sold. GPX5000 sold. I have only Deus, Quest X5 and my diy Pulse Star II. Also one broken EuroAce and one semi broken Eurotec.
    I would like to see how it would Deus 2 perform on that spot, that would be the real comparison test between Deus 1 and Deus 2.
    I would like to be able to obtain Deus 2 too, but by now i am not, my budget is not allowing me that.
    if coins have value i use goldfield program and dig all signals. I remove all iron and coins will come also.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Once a year, for a short time, Sokobanja turns into Beirut!!!


    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by ionut_mtb View Post
    Nice coins, old? Looks otoman but i think is something else. Go back with gpx to find more, maybe it is a pot down there. Last time i was amazed when using deus with reactivity 5 in between the iron. And with 28cm coil. It is frustrating to see very small bits of iron masking coins. Or coin on the edge hard to detect. Depending on budget i may try deus 2 this year.
    Yes otoman ones. I assume XVI-XVII century. I am not good in reading the "glyphs" on those coins. Usually i consult one of my friends.
    Plenty of those coins here, scattered everywhere. From different periods. Not that easy targets. Too small. Deus is good in locating those.
    I've been already twice on that place in last several days and searched well that spot. Now i need larger coil. My larger coil is absent for 3 years, i gave it to a friend who is living far away from me.
    GP3000 sold. GPX5000 sold. I have only Deus, Quest X5 and my diy Pulse Star II. Also one broken EuroAce and one semi broken Eurotec.
    I would like to see how it would Deus 2 perform on that spot, that would be the real comparison test between Deus 1 and Deus 2.
    I would like to be able to obtain Deus 2 too, but by now i am not, my budget is not allowing me that.

    Leave a comment:


  • ionut_mtb
    replied
    Nice coins, old? Looks otoman but i think is something else. Go back with gpx to find more, maybe it is a pot down there. Last time i was amazed when using deus with reactivity 5 in between the iron. And with 28cm coil. It is frustrating to see very small bits of iron masking coins. Or coin on the edge hard to detect. Depending on budget i may try deus 2 this year.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    And score:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20211225_160853.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	362235
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20211225_161125.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	362236

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Now... this is more like it!
    Skim yet not that bad video:


    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    What I don't particularly like about Deus 1 is that every time I turn it on; I have to choose between speaker and headphones, it always bothers me to press extra key.
    And now with this Deus 2 thing has gotten even worse !!!
    Couldn't they put it on one of the menus and store the choice in eeprom?
    So, now, each time you switch it on; you must play short "video game" to get it in working mode!
    Sheeee.... sshhh!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    On first and skim glance...
    There are things i really like and things i don't (i guess it's the usual impression when something is brand new) .
    I really like the new enclosure, looks rigid and better material than at Deus 1.
    I really don't like the rear charging connector. I understand the reason of its existence though.
    But since they had a lot of time to design it that good; they could use a bit of imagination and have done it better.
    For only a charging; they could simply put the same two "spots" as on coils, this time without clips but with small piece of magnet, something similar as on Macbooks.
    For underwater use you are pushed to use connector. But for inland use and ease of charging; such screwing connector is real pain in the ... .
    And YES there is the "rf wave guide line" again, for underwater use. Was it so hard to figure out how and put it fixed in the stem?
    LCD graphics and elements, different than at Deus 1. Will need some time to get used on it. That's what i don't liked at ORX too.
    For retail price of 1600e they really put a lot in a package, that's ok. Although as only inland user; i would not use most of the addons. So why paying for something you don't need?
    In my case i would need only coil, stem and remote, along with simple charger. Price then would be significantly lower.
    Stem is the same, coil looks the same, more "engravings" and stickers on them...
    Did it need to be ugly and redundant "telescopic" writings on the stem? Ha, ha, ha!
    Why there are so many colorful and unnecessary scribbles on the coil?
    I guess it attracts more attention that way?
    ...
    I like the remote, stem and coil looks the same... outlook is alright.
    Rear connector is annoyance.
    The "content" is still unknown, guy on video didn't show advanced features and real testing.
    From what he skim did; air distance on coin is not impressive, will need a bit of adjustments i guess.
    Let's say for the first impression that it is alright, generally speaking.
    For those who don't own Deus 1; this would be real choice.
    Later when we see real testings; we'll be able to say is it the real choice for Deus 1 owners.

    This guy is probably one among 100 "useful idiots" picked by XP for initial pre-sale testings.
    So i guess we will have to wait just before the new year, to see some real stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • ionut_mtb
    replied
    Xp deus 2 manual can be found online now. I printscreened some interesting stuff:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	6584FB75-F76E-44C5-B496-8C968025808C.png
Views:	1
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	362156
    Click image for larger version

Name:	705AFCCF-122F-48C8-BC2B-1AB45A2A6BA1.png
Views:	1
Size:	291.8 KB
ID:	362157
    Click image for larger version

Name:	F1D58856-F6BF-460B-8F6F-8A2ED48A6F8D.png
Views:	1
Size:	312.0 KB
ID:	362158
    Click image for larger version

Name:	664ECE33-16A5-4575-B7F2-A672E57928C6.png
Views:	1
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	362159

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    The history of this technology begins with the Explorer model and continues through all subsequent models to the latest Equinox model. One and the same but still much improved scheme as with Equinox.
    While devising the concept of the Deus 2 model; I think they did a lot of research on the Equinox model.
    I think Minelab will have a lot of material for a new lawsuit in the foreseeable future.
    Not to mention Nokta/Macro, who follow it all and take it over automatically!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X