Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is only one detector better than Deus - it is Deus with larger coil!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I just made adjustments you suggested.
    But i can adjust Iron Volume only in range 0 to 5, there is no "17" value??
    I am not sure; but maybe Deus Ver.1 is having different Iron Volume range?
    My Deus is Ver.2 and i have Iron Volume range 0 to 5 only!?
    Also when lowering Disc value at minimum; i get something like ".G" or ".6" as minimal, i can't get "0" value as you suggested!?
    (Must reread manual again! Was lazy to inspect all the details there!)
    Apart from that; the rest of adjustments are promising.
    This is the first time i am trying 4 tones and it is very interesting to change ranges for those!
    Wow!
    Will check this outdoor in next few days.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #62
      Aha; i used 7. place in program memory.
      Previous "Wet Beach" adjustments i find as least beneficial for me here.
      Also named it "Thames" !

      Comment


      • #63
        I ll confirm tonight but u can even go deeper and faster I ll de
        Develop later

        Comment


        • #65
          Bought an etrac never used it sold it at loss ...............because i bought the deus..............that was my curse :NEVER buy a brand new machine.........


          RR

          Comment


          • #66
            BTW i m still in 1.2...............


            RR

            Comment


            • #67
              Originally posted by Rivers rat View Post
              BTW i m still in 1.2...............


              RR
              Version? Aha! So it seems V2.0 is having different ranges in adjustments!
              You can update it via USB to v2.0 and see if there are improvements.
              Update file is free for downloading from XP site, but i am sure you already knew that.

              Comment


              • #68
                Originally posted by Rivers rat View Post
                Bought an etrac never used it sold it at loss ...............because i bought the deus..............that was my curse :NEVER buy a brand new machine.........


                RR

                I never had Etrac. Had XS and SE Explorers.
                SE is very nice indeed. But too "slow" for my kind of searching.
                That's why i sold it.

                Comment


                • #69
                  I know but i m old school but new wave my friend came over to refine the setting last winter no difference ......................................if you really wanna go deeper but get a bit more ferrous (there is no secret to depth anyway.......)play with the tones..........once you master that you will transform yourself in :A demon of the deep


                  RR

                  Comment


                  • #70
                    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
                    I never had Etrac. Had XS and SE Explorers.
                    SE is very nice indeed. But too "slow" for my kind of searching.
                    That's why i sold it.

                    I saw a nice video of the explo 2 with small sef gonna try to find it and will post it here......

                    RR

                    Comment


                    • #71
                      Et voila:




                      To be honest i m impressed


                      RR

                      Comment


                      • #72
                        Originally posted by Rivers rat View Post
                        I know but i m old school but new wave my friend came over to refine the setting last winter no difference ......................................if you really wanna go deeper but get a bit more ferrous (there is no secret to depth anyway.......)play with the tones..........once you master that you will transform yourself in :A demon of the deep


                        RR
                        That makes sense, because i noticed deep small colored items can produce "iron-ish" sound and can confuse me. Not the case with larger coil, only with smaller.
                        Yet; maybe even more deeper items will cause larger coil to act the same too?
                        I played a bit with "Thames" adjustments here in my living room.
                        Seems it is producing less "iron-ish" responses on distant and small colored items!
                        So i must learn more about tones, that's for sure!
                        Cheers!

                        Comment


                        • #73
                          Originally posted by Rivers rat View Post
                          Yes those are very deep... but only in pure soil. Not that good in highly iron infested soils.
                          I had 32x25cm Excellerator with my SE. Extreme deep! Indeed!
                          Yet... masking problem...

                          Comment


                          • #74
                            Try that i think thats the deepest u can push the deus on your soils:

                            Sens 97
                            Disc 0
                            Frequency 17.9480230238502 LOL
                            Vol fer 00
                            Reac 1 or 2 on clean and 3 or 4 or polluted
                            4 tones
                            200
                            200 4
                            644 40
                            791 100
                            Audio 5
                            Notch 0

                            You may dig a lot of tiny non ferrous bits but no pain no gain...............thats should be 100% what you need let me know .I havent try that one yet.

                            RR

                            Comment


                            • #75
                              Originally posted by Rivers rat View Post
                              Try that i think thats the deepest u can push the deus on your soils:

                              Sens 97
                              Disc 0
                              Frequency 17.9480230238502 LOL
                              Vol fer 00
                              Reac 1 or 2 on clean and 3 or 4 or polluted
                              4 tones
                              200
                              200 4
                              644 40
                              791 100
                              Audio 5
                              Notch 0

                              You may dig a lot of tiny non ferrous bits but no pain no gain...............thats should be 100% what you need let me know .I havent try that one yet.

                              RR
                              Thanks!
                              I will try that.
                              Cheers!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X