Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is only one detector better than Deus - it is Deus with larger coil!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pito
    replied
    You are lucky guy to have connections with ZEUS, in my place you can find only metal garbage.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    MACEDON, Pella. Circa 187-168/7 BC. Æ (19mm, 8.11 g, 12h).
    Laureate head of Zeus right / Ox standing right; monograms below.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	20240410_175224.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	785.3 KB
ID:	422810Click image for larger version

Name:	20240410_175409.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	756.3 KB
ID:	422811​​​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    The dog stayed home.
    I didn't take her.
    ...
    Otherwise, it is a "good-natured" snake, in our tradition we call it a "house snake" because it likes to stay in cellars, barns, etc.
    They are mostly good-natured and do not attack humans.
    They are useful because they chase mice and rats around the household, like cats.
    They love milk!
    That's why they know how to bite a cow by the udder and create a problem.
    ...
    Today's find, one but valuable! Very rare on these grounds!


    ​

    Click image for larger version

Name:	GCoin1.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	346.2 KB
ID:	422806Click image for larger version

Name:	GCoin2.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	422807​​

    Leave a comment:


  • pito
    replied
    Perfect snake detector, where is the dog ?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    yes

    Leave a comment:


  • ionut_mtb
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    Nice coin. Looks like a Bronze Age silver unit.
    I think is ottoman acke

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Nice coin. Looks like a Bronze Age silver unit.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    The day after was a rest day. And the next day I went out again to the same place.
    I found a bunch of lead bullets, a 200-300 year old iron chain... and a small silver coin:
    ​

    Click image for larger version

Name:	TSC.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	421829​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I would have done that a long time ago, I would have given things to the museum from the beginning.
    But unfortunately, the laws in the country are not arranged as cleverly as, for example, in the UK, so there were no conditions before.
    Even today, no new and better laws have been passed, on the contrary; they are still very restrictive... but people's awareness is much better today.
    Well, there is a way to indirectly achieve fair cooperation with museums. And that these findings end up exactly where they belong.
    For years, I have been hoping and waiting for the day when my country will also adopt better and more advanced laws on this topic.
    Because both hobbyists and the state benefit from such laws.
    Otherwise, everyone loses.
    Hobbyists are denounced in public, they are treated as criminals, and the "gray market" flourishes, and the cultural and historical treasures of this country and people
    are looted and disappear through secret channels across the border.
    The consciousness of people, especially those in power, is slowly changing for the better.
    And it is slowly being realized that the wrong path is to try to ban these activities and eradicate this hobby.
    The only correct way is to precisely introduce everything into the legal framework and to legalize the entire story, and
    for the state to subsidize archaeological and historical institutions and provide funds for the purchase of such finds from searchers.
    In short; to create a legal domestic market with rights and obligations. Exactly the same as it was done in the UK.
    I've done a lot of research on the problem and I think the legislators here should just literally rewrite everything from UK legislation on these topics.
    Things are still not good, far from it.
    We are still treated like criminals.
    But in recent years, I have noticed in people how awareness is being raised and how slowly people are starting to understand what the right path is.
    Maybe I won't live to see it, but I'm sure that one day this country will have very well regulated laws and that this hobby will become a completely legal and legitimate thing.
    As I'm sure 80-90% of hobbyists won't mind such changes.
    They will gladly accept to hand over their findings to the state with minimal but fair compensation.
    Until then... this is all on a case-by-case basis...
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    It's a fabulous find! Really very interesting. The museum is the right place to put it. Thanks for sharing your discovery.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I received confirmation from a professional from the museum that this is a bronze "axe" from the 10th-11th century BC.
    I will enjoy it for a few days and then it goes to the museum.
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I used to go out 150-200 days a year on the sites.
    Since covid year, I started going out less and less (nothing to do with covid, pure coincidence) and the time has come when I am happy if I go out at least 20 times a year.
    I went out today for the second time this year. And finally a "premium" find!
    200m in the hill above my house...
    I have 6 cats in my house, but they hate to keep me company in such undertakings, they rather stay asleep, but that's why "Djodja"
    (female, 10 years old) is "faithful as a dog", reliable and persistent to keep me company all the time.
    At the beginning of the video it looks like she sneezes, no it's not a sneeze, it means "ACTION" in dog language!

    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by pito View Post
    who found it, you or the dog ?
    Deus!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20240316_164903.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	387.0 KB
ID:	421706Click image for larger version

Name:	20240316_164909.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	421707Click image for larger version

Name:	20240316_164919.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	336.0 KB
ID:	421708
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20240316_164925.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	395.5 KB
ID:	421709Click image for larger version

Name:	20240316_164930.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	365.4 KB
ID:	421710​​​​​

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X