Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is only one detector better than Deus - it is Deus with larger coil!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Nupi View Post
    Congratulations on your beautiful finds.
    In my opinion, performs a tuned Smart in many ways better than the Deus. This is after many different practice tests determined.
    There is no secret. I wasted so many time trying to master the Deus. After 5-6 years i am still learning new things!
    It' s not because the Deus is something special; it's because the soil is pretty unpredictable media.
    That exact day on that exact site was pretty unique in conditions. Lot of "variables" involved in that "formula".
    That's why after 5-6 years of use i still have much to learn. Because "variables" are changing from site to site.
    That particular site is highly infested and trashed. Lot of iron oxide all over the place. Lot of hotrocks lying around.
    Those few targets that remained still uncovered are really pretty tough targets... for any other detector too.
    So... great deal of luck is needed there, i tell ya!
    Particular adjustments that are making some difference at that site were:
    1) Frequency = 12kHz,
    2) Disc = 2,
    3) Sense = 96,
    4) Iron Volume = 3,
    5) Reactivity = 2,
    6) Silencer = -1,
    7) Ground Balance = 81 (with lot of chattering).
    Adjusted like that Deus is producing bedlam of sounds and chatters on such soil.
    So i had to pay strict attention on VDI behavior all the time.
    Any VDI above "40" was potential target.
    Those massive bronze coins gave VDI in range 92 to 97 !!!
    While gold coin gave VDI = 42 !!!!
    It was pretty tough yet very useful experience.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nupi
    replied
    Congratulations on your beautiful finds.
    In my opinion, performs a tuned Smart in many ways better than the Deus. This is after many different practice tests determined.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Riss View Post
    ,,Hello from Northwest Bulgaria-most miserable and poor region on Europe ! I am extremely malicious ( *****y ) , suspicious and mistrustful person… 26 years I rankle metaldetectors…I still dissatisfied, snuffle and swear all manufacturers of metal detectors ! I have 4 polygons (test fields ) . The oldest is 24 years old …there I buried coins, objects of non-ferrous and ferrous metals , hoards in ceramic pots and other junk at depths of 30 cm (12 inches ) to 3 meters ( 118 inches ) …Dozens detectors are tested there- American, Australian, German, French and Bulgarian (and other -I do not remember ) . Below 10 percent perform well ! I feel best when walking close to unfortunate , who dared to test the detector on any of the damned test fields . Then gnash my teeth (creak teeth ) , listen carefully detector , and find flaws . Can believe - even those , who are notoriously good detectors , have many flaws ! I did and parallel (comparative ) tests of two or more brands . Circus !
    In the region of Vidin- It is highly conductive soils - huge problem for detectors …
    I hope that this forum I'll find kindred spirits and followers. ""
    I wrote this in MDF -forum in a topic ,,introduce yourself".as I expected- they ,, Erased "me...They did not understand my sense of humor !Almost everything but is true.More than 12 years i commented with one of metal detector manufacturer the ability to create wireless metal detector .If you doubt , i accurate and scientifically grounded to point out the flaws of any metal detector . Donkey carries as much as you load...Science begins and ends with measurements .Scientifically way can to prove that the donkey can not be overloaded because it lies on the ground ...I'm afraid that nightmare will begin in comparison test of my test field, which is 19 years old ...Advertising statements usually are greatly exaggerated .For example, you ,IVCONIC , -could you prove you claims about ,, Deus " ?I kindly request you to accept the invitation to prove by measurements of my test field .Or nightmares began after measurements ?
    Are you from Vidin? 120km away from me. I recently visited Vidin.
    ...
    Generally i agree with almost all what you wrote here. Nothing but plain truth.
    Sad truth though.
    My experiences are somewhat similar to your experiences.
    Generally i am not satisfied with present metal detector technology.
    Not satisfied at all!
    I know for sure that there are still "tons" of precious finds left there on already many times visited sites.
    But those finds are not reachable at all with present top class detectors.
    I am glorifying Deus simply because it suits my way of searching and presents for me probably the best trade off among all other competitive models.
    Not perfect. Not even close. Plenty of something to place remarks on.
    But i don't know for any better by now. Simple as that.
    I will be fair and say that i have never tried some of the top class models that already exists on market. Not in personal.
    But from what i saw so far by watching numerous Youtube presentations and testings; sadly i have to say that am pretty sure i haven't missed much.
    So ... i know what are you saying , i understand you and generally i agree with you.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by tragac View Post
    Nice finds
    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by ionut_mtb View Post
    i have one Byzantine scyphate shape coin made medallion from my father aprox sec XII , very interesting shape.
    My deus still doesn't know the smell of gold ))

    Eventually it will. You only have to take it on places where there is a gold! Simple as that!
    Seriously now; gold is tough target even for Deus.
    Next problem is; gold is rare. Golden coins and artifacts are extremely rare. At least here in my area.
    Every once in a while somebody is having such struck of luck. But exposed in percentages it becomes very small percentage.
    And one simple truth for the end, success in these "business" lies in "quantity"; more you go outdoor with your detector: greater the chances for success.
    (same as with girls and women, more "No" you get from them: more "Yes" you'll collect in time!!!)

    Leave a comment:


  • Riss
    replied
    ,,Hello from Northwest Bulgaria-most miserable and poor region on Europe ! I am extremely malicious ( spite ) , suspicious and mistrustful person… 26 years I rankle metaldetectors…I still dissatisfied, snuffle and swear all manufacturers of metal detectors ! I have 4 polygons (test fields ) . The oldest is 24 years old …there I buried coins, objects of non-ferrous and ferrous metals , hoards in ceramic pots and other junk at depths of 30 cm (12 inches ) to 3 meters ( 118 inches ) …Dozens detectors are tested there- American, Australian, German, French and Bulgarian (and other -I do not remember ) . Below 10 percent perform well ! I feel best when walking close to unfortunate , who dared to test the detector on any of the damned test fields . Then gnash my teeth (creak teeth ) , listen carefully detector , and find flaws . Can believe - even those , who are notoriously good detectors , have many flaws ! I did and parallel (comparative ) tests of two or more brands . Circus !
    In the region of Vidin- It is highly conductive soils - huge problem for detectors …
    I hope that this forum I'll find kindred spirits and followers. ""
    I wrote this in MDF -forum in a topic ,,introduce yourself".as I expected- they ,, Erased "me...They did not understand my sense of humor !Almost everything but is true.More than 12 years i commented with one of metal detector manufacturer the ability to create wireless metal detector .If you doubt , i accurate and scientifically grounded to point out the flaws of any metal detector . Donkey carries as much as you load...Science begins and ends with measurements .Scientifically way can to prove that the donkey can not be overloaded because it lies on the ground ...I'm afraid that nightmare will begin in comparison test of my test field, which is 19 years old ...Advertising statements usually are greatly exaggerated .For example, you ,IVCONIC , -could you prove you claims about ,, Deus " ?I kindly request you to accept the invitation to prove by measurements of my test field .Or nightmares began after measurements ?

    Leave a comment:


  • tragac
    replied
    Nice finds

    Leave a comment:


  • ionut_mtb
    replied
    i have one Byzantine scyphate shape coin made medallion from my father aprox sec XII , very interesting shape.
    My deus still doesn't know the smell of gold ))

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Later on, washed a bit in water:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00288.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	348039
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00291.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	348040

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by ionut_mtb View Post
    nice coins! what age they have>?


    VI century, Justin and Justinian.
    Lot of sites here from that period.


    http://www.forumancientcoins.com/cat...s.asp?vpar=886
    http://www.apmex.com/product/94862/b...7-ad-ch-au-ngc

    Leave a comment:


  • ionut_mtb
    replied
    nice coins! what age they have>?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Deus gone "yellow"... so as the faces of my two friends with me on the field that day, who haven't any finds worth to be mentioned (another Deus and X-Terra 70)!
    It's almost like Deus tells me "don't sell me! oh please don't sell me! i will be good to you! see what i done!" !
    So i will give it a chance a while more... no need to rush.
    ...
    For the record and to keep being fair; gold coin was located together with larger bronze coin in the same hole. Some 25-30cm deep on extremely mineralized and tough soil.
    If it was alone; i don't think it would be detectable with 22.5cm coil which i used that day.
    Because it is small and tiny coin and gold is pretty tough target anyway.
    But it was a lucky shot. Rare case.
    Signal was mum and unclear. "Bronze" coin is actually made from alloy with large percentage of copper, not exactly strong response.
    That's why i doubt that any other conventional model would make it that day. Deus nicked that small difference though.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Until i sell my Deus and switch to another brand; i am still pushed to work with it.
    So... the other day Deus gone "yellow":


    Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10404.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	348030
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10405.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	867.1 KB
ID:	348031

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by tragac View Post
    Can you tell us which is now your favorite model except Deus and CZ
    If I undestand you do you mean that v4.0 is already announced unofficially in some countries and
    Detectorist already use v4.0
    Do you know something about XP multy freq coil
    Every working detector is my favorite. I don't try to divide detectors on "good" and "bad" nor "favorite" and "not favorite".
    It's just the "chronology" and changing models during the years.
    I had probably 90 various models so far, each one of those was my "favorite" at the time.
    Each one is having advantages and drawbacks.
    I am only sorry because i wasn't in position to keep them all in a collection.
    To buy next one; most often i was forced to sell present one.
    So right now XP Deus and Fisher F2 are my "favorite" because i am having them here with me.
    ...
    Yes seems that V4 update is already available at some "defined" group of people.
    Which is not fair towards the rest of us customers.
    5 (or 6) years ago i spent 1900 euros to buy complete XP Deus setup; 22.5cm and 34x28cm coils, remote, headphones, two stems, two chargers, two clippers etc...
    One of the promising argument to buy it was the fact that i will be able to get free updates regularly as they are released.
    V4 update was announced 1 year ago and more. Ever since than we get only side rumors and gossips. Nothing official.
    And all of the sudden from recently Internet&Youtube is flooded up with videos and reports about V4 update by many people.
    I assume some of those are XP collaborators and have certain advantage in getting the update sooner.
    But i don't believe that all those people are exactly "VIP" persons to get the update so sooner than official release will appear.
    Also there were several more of such unfair moves made by XP in recent past.
    So revolt is growing because of such unfair treatment towards (probably) majority of customers who wasted HUGE sums of money because they trusted in XP.
    Was my money worse? Was our money worse or stinking?
    Hopefully our money was regular and not that stinking.
    After several years it appears that XP is just another money hungry bustard company, following so sick neo-liberal capitalistic doctrine.
    Many proofs for that.
    So i finally can say; F..K them!
    There are so many other brands and models on this planet.
    ...
    No i don't know nothing (more than available on Youtube) about XP multy freq coil... NOR i will ever know!
    Because i am not interested any more. I don't give a F..K about those anymore.
    By now there are two brands on my "blacklist"; ML and XP. Deleted from my mind permanently.

    Leave a comment:


  • tragac
    replied
    Can you tell us which is now your favorite model except Deus and CZ

    If I undestand you do you mean that v4.0 is already announced unofficially in some countries and
    Detectorist already use v4.0

    Do you know something about XP multy freq coil

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X