Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what to build first.. i dont have a metal detector so which one is best for using on the beach

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kt315
    replied
    if you do not want to order the PCB and want do all yourself, a VLF detector on PIC, you can try COXA-2T-M http://www.md4u.ru/viewtopic.php?f=9...97849&start=25

    schematic of COXA-2T-M http://depositfiles.com/files/w9kgqlrr5

    Leave a comment:


  • David_1
    replied
    thanks for the heads up... im just reading loads at the moment, not too worried about the waterproofing. its not having a clue about metal detectors is the problem :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    David, there are a number of PI circuits floating around. The Hammerhead (I) is already available in SMT but it is all-analog. HHII has a PIC but not SMT layout. Tec is just about to post a PIC32-based PI in the SPI-MX forum. There is a SMPI clone that Silverdog is selling as a kit, see here. Your biggest problem isn't the circuitry, but the enclosure. A good waterproof detector housing is hard to find. I hope to have a remedy for that soon.

    - Carl

    Leave a comment:


  • David_1
    replied

    hammerhead page :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • David_1
    replied
    I found this thread for the igsl now off to look for the hammer head


    but failed to find a surf kit ?? did you mean whites surf ?

    Thanks for quick replies
    David

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    The surf kit will be the cheapest and easiest.

    S

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Originally posted by David_1 View Post
    ps I am diver so find myself near the sea alot
    That gives you your answer. Your best choice is a hermetically enclosed PI of just about any flawour you find fit. With your choice of technology being surface mount, go for a Hammerhead.

    PIs are deaf for short lived time constant target responses, including sea water. You'll have no discrimination of your targets though. In case you roam thrash filled beaches you could go for a VLF with good discrimination like IGSL or Cobra, but get prepared for lots of funny sounds on the shore line.

    Leave a comment:


  • what to build first.. i dont have a metal detector so which one is best for using on the beach

    Hi all my first post, I write pic code I draw and design pcbs surface mount is my normal choice. I have spent days reading this forum but have no clue where to start , oh I also make my own pcbs for prototypes ??

    so can someone suggest a suitable detector that my suit me please :-)

    many thanks
    David

    ps I am diver so find myself near the sea alot
Working...
X