Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what to build first.. i dont have a metal detector so which one is best for using on the beach

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • waltr
    replied
    Now see you are in the Windy City, USA.

    Don is a good source for coil shells. He's in PA.

    Leave a comment:


  • jfalary
    replied
    Thank for the reminder. I just updated that.
    I guess it is now time to cruise EBay for a scope. I plan to build more of the interesting projects from this group as time permits.
    I appreciate the feedback.

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by jfalary View Post
    I do not yet have an O'Scope.
    Do you have any recommendations on the best place to get a second hand scope since my budget precludes me from buying new?

    Where in the world do you live?
    Edit your profile with country then others can make suggestions.
    Ebay is a source of used O'scope here in US. And maybe where you live.

    Leave a comment:


  • jfalary
    replied
    I do not yet have an O'Scope.
    Do you have any recommendations on the best place to get a second hand scope since my budget precludes me from buying new?

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Both are good choices and sounds like you have the skills to build these. Start the the surf PI to learn how it works.
    Do you have a O'scope? This is very handy for a simple PI circuit and mandatory for more complex circuits.

    Maybe the harder part is building coils but a PI coil is pretty simple.

    Leave a comment:


  • jfalary
    replied
    Good day everyone.

    I joined this forum some time ago and have been reading and studying the various threads and finally need to take the plunge and get building.

    I see that I can get a kit for the Surf Pi and Minipulse Rev-E from diydetector.co.uk

    Is this my best cost to quality option for these builds or is there a better place to get pre-assembled kits?

    I have basic electronic and soldering skills and want to build a compact PI machine I can use on vacations where taking my Fisher CZ6a is prohibitive since i only use carry on luggage.

    I want to start with the Surf Pi to polish up my soldering skills before I tackle the Minipulse

    Thank you in advance for any and all responses.

    Justin

    Leave a comment:


  • David_1
    replied
    sorry for size .. LOL

    So I ordered this, I believe its now in UK just not with me yet

    Leave a comment:


  • David_1
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Hope you enjoy reading it!
    this book needs a WARNING attached its been keeping me up late at night reading it :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by David_1 View Post
    cool book now I need to find time to read it LOL
    i flicked throught it, lot and lots of stuff in there :-)
    Hope you enjoy reading it!

    Leave a comment:


  • David_1
    replied
    cool book now I need to find time to read it LOL
    i flicked throught it, lot and lots of stuff in there :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • David_1
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    In that case - blatant advert coming up ...

    I advise that you order this book ->
    http://www.geotech1.com/forums/conte...metal-detector
    seems like a very cheap way to start so I orded book hope it arrives soon :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by David_1 View Post
    lots of (well) not english i found a hex file and a utube but not enought to understand that. but thanks :-)
    look also this thread I had opened http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...highlight=soha

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by David_1 View Post
    its not having a clue about metal detectors is the problem :-)
    In that case - blatant advert coming up ...

    I advise that you order this book ->

    Leave a comment:


  • David_1
    replied
    lots of (well) not english i found a hex file and a utube but not enought to understand that. but thanks :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	77a113aa9604.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	333558

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X