Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osciloskope

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dbanner
    replied
    Yes, I agree. Must use metal box for electronics.

    Leave a comment:


  • ripsdevala
    replied
    Originally posted by BKY1337 View Post
    , quietness is more important and proper discrimination.
    Quit/stability will be achieved when you go far from housing area, too many interference in the house.. i do a final deep test at river bank, and work very naisss...

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    Yes, thanks. I already know this video and i will make it like he did. I will use Graphit 33 for the shielding.
    And i hope i will not swap the coils again. :-D

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by BKY1337 View Post
    When the RX is connected to TX it should be 13,95 khz with exactly 6,5 mH, but it is 13,6-13,7khz.
    Do you know why? Is this because my caps are only 5% ?
    Yes, capacitor makes big difference to resonance, 6.5mH with 20nF gives 13.95khz. But with 22nF, gives13.3khz, so precision caps are better.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Foil sheilding is not too good at all, graphite sheilding makes huge difference in detection range, as you can see from this very good video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnrStRklcUQ. Look towards end of video where he demonstrates two differently sheilded coils. Also, he puts in a calibration screw into coil, so after setting with epoxy, fine adjustments can be made using scope for best nulling. Also quality of op-amps can make some difference.

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    I guess you didnt saw that i swapped my coils and had 27cm :-D.

    I could reach over 30cm at the tests (unswapped), but i accidently glued them wrong together.

    I mean my frequenzy and the frequency depends on the capacitor value.

    I want the 13,95 because my inductance is correct.

    I can build the new coils with 13,95 (measured wit dmm) or 6,5 mH (measured with inductance meter) but not both.

    Depht is not so important, quietness is more important and proper discrimination.

    Leave a comment:


  • ripsdevala
    replied
    5% or 10% tolerance is only indicate the true value of the caps, bellow or up to 5% from the printed value... I think. The most important is the stability of the caps. Your problem at 27cm max for coins is same with me, i don't know how the other member can 30 to 40cm, maybe bad/fake chips

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    When the RX is connected to TX it should be 13,95 khz with exactly 6,5 mH, but it is 13,6-13,7khz.
    Do you know why? Is this because my caps are only 5% ?

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    about 27 cm 1 Euro. :-D

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I'm surprised it even worked.

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    I checked my coils right now and i got 6,06 mH for RX and 6,50 mH for TX.

    This means my coils are swapped. I used this coil in the past year. Detection depht was ok but it was chattering.

    Thats the reason for my 13,7 kHz.

    I need to calculate the frequency because maybe its my color pigment in the epoxy too.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I see, well this illustrates the need to get a real oscilloscope, if only a cheap 20mhz analogue. Ebay, here I come.

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    Here is better waveform of my TX, the timebase is strange, but its a nice sine wave as you can see, and it measures around 14.5khz. Maybe someone can help me understand why the timebase is off, yet the same software shows freq. of signal at 14.5khz
    Looks like aliasing. 14418/1000 samples/sec would give a 418Hz signal. Sample rate needs to be greater than 2 times measured frequency. 10 or 20 times is a lot better

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Here is actual TX with correct timebase. Now it makes sense. There is something else oscillating at around 24hertz on this line? That smooth sine wave was too good to be true.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Here is better waveform of my TX, the timebase is strange, but its a nice sine wave as you can see, and it measures around 14.5khz. Maybe someone can help me understand why the timebase is off, yet the same software shows freq. of signal at 14.5khz
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X