Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

laptop battery charging (standalone)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • homefire
    replied
    Some Lap Top batteries look for a signal from the computer. Some go so far as to use that signal to Limit charge / discharge cycles. Set a Time Life on the dang things. I've had otherwise fine batteries refuse to charge even in the lap top. Dell did that.

    Leave a comment:


  • reptooyep
    replied
    It's a standard lithium ion battery pack from a samsung np270.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by reptooyep View Post
    Hi,
    I tryed to charge a laptop battery (11v, 4500mAh) with a 12v supply without succes.
    I plugged in directly on the + and - (externals pins).
    Maybe it lacks a signal to allow the charge ?
    Does anyone tryed this with success ?

    What are the other pins made for ?
    Is it Lipo ?

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    every li-ion batt has protection board inside. so you maybe burned mosfets on it.

    Leave a comment:


  • reptooyep
    replied
    The battery's elements are good. The laptop says 7% and i measure 10,01v.
    I don't have the charger but when i put 12v for few hours, i still have 10,01v so, it's not charging.
    I thing i need a simple circuit is needed to charge with the use of the other pins but i don't know how to use them.
    It's not like the ballance board i use for detectors.
    I'm thinkinkg that a standalone charger would be great for using laptop battery on the detector rod.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    open box and check every batt/element by tester.

    Leave a comment:


  • reptooyep
    started a topic laptop battery charging (standalone)

    laptop battery charging (standalone)

    Hi,
    I tryed to charge a laptop battery (11v, 4500mAh) with a 12v supply without succes.
    I plugged in directly on the + and - (externals pins).
    Maybe it lacks a signal to allow the charge ?
    Does anyone tryed this with success ?

    What are the other pins made for ?
Working...
X