Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
laptop battery charging (standalone)
Collapse
X
-
No, it does all sorts of crazy stuff. Pain in the Azz the way they use them. They can even render a fine battery unusable based on number of charge charge cycles. Dell does that crap.
-
I don't need to use it again in the laptop. I though the board use in laptop battery was quite the same as the ballance board i use many times.
But i was wrong
Leave a comment:
-
If you intend to do as you stated by replacing the board within the LapTop battery your computer will not Charge it.. Just buy a Stand Alone Lap Top Battery Charger.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks for info..
I know everything i need about the danger of lithium battery.
What i'll do is that i'll keep the lithium elements and replace
The protection board by a ballance board (which also has protections).
With that setting, i'll be able to charge with a single 12v supply.
Leave a comment:
-
yup Homefire. this men reptooep does not want to notice the evident things around. he sees only black box in front of him
and thinking in category of old batteries. a lithium batt is VERY DANGER in charging by primitive way he uses.
so that why there is ALWAYS the especial protection board. this board is blocked up all dummies' attempts to charge by NOT especial lithium charger.
Leave a comment:
-
Lap Top batteries don't only have charge protection they have a PIC processor in them as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MGQ0Ap_raM&list=PLzcgcYS0axLlO7tO62b3KEb_g9A1eplxX
Leave a comment:
-
i had wrote why. you give big current. protection thermoresistor that in series disconnects the circiut.
no current no charge.
Leave a comment:
-
I'm not stupid, i know it's made of 3 elements (6 in fact, 2X3).
I finaly found the pc cable to charge the battery so, it's ok.
I'm only asking myself why it didn't chargd with 12v directly plugged into the battery.
Maybe i'll try the experience with other battery models cause i would like to use one for a PI detector.
Leave a comment:
-
you think this is one li-ion batt. NOT NOT AND NOT.Originally posted by reptooyep View PostIt's a standard lithium ion battery pack from a samsung np270.
this is 4 batts in one box with protection board inside and thermoprotection resistor between elements. if only one batt is bad you get
disconnected circuit and NO CHARGE. THAT YOU DO HAVE.
Leave a comment:
-
The other connectors will be taps for balance charging and a thermistor for temperature compensated charging
I doubt just charging with a voltage will have done them much good. Normally the current is limited to avoid overheating.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: