Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2D 3D printed circuit board

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tibuck19
    replied
    What is it about that one that you like and don't like ?

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Meshcam also work in Linux under Wine, for those meshcam Fanboys.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    And you can always experiment with different marker pen types to improve output too, I think what you are doing will work fine.

    cheers

    Mdtoday
    I also think for the little ill be doing with it , it will be good enough. Right now im using Fine and ultra fine sharpies, which is diameter of .28.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    I vaguely remember software called MACH 3 or something. The Linux software platform Is dream come true for CNC/3D printer fanatic. Everything free and open source. There is even a dedicated distribution (distro) called CNC Linux. Which works out of the box. All software tools one would need for pcb milling.
    It can be installed on USB stick and booted from any PC or laptop, making it portable. Or it can also be installed on separate partition on hard drive and booted from menu at startup. It comes with online support and a dedicated online forum.
    http://linuxcnc.org
    Your right Linux is the best platform for CNC, I see plenty of open score for it, The only problem is, I haven't used Linux in years, to be frank, im not sure I have any free time to re learn it for time being anyways. but your right.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I vaguely remember software called MACH 3 or something. The Linux software platform Is dream come true for CNC/3D printer fanatic. Everything free and open source. There is even a dedicated distribution (distro) called CNC Linux. Which works out of the box. All software tools one would need for pcb milling.
    It can be installed on USB stick and booted from any PC or laptop, making it portable. Or it can also be installed on separate partition on hard drive and booted from menu at startup. It comes with online support and a dedicated online forum.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by Tibuck19 View Post
    I just wanted to correct myself, the Trace resolution I am able to archive is - Eagle signal trace 18 which is right around the 11 thous of an inch. Anything under that, will still get drawn but, it will be at the wrong width and will probably have a connection problem.
    And you can always experiment with different marker pen types to improve output too, I think what you are doing will work fine.

    cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    Originally posted by Tibuck19 View Post
    I just got to keep traces signals above 6 for true representation, but my hands are way to shaky for smd's anyways lol .

    I just wanted to correct myself, the Trace resolution I am able to archive is - Eagle signal trace 18 which is right around the 11 thous of an inch. Anything under that, will still get drawn but, it will be at the wrong width and will probably have a connection problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    Hi Tibuck19,

    Yes, I noticed that last night after I posted, went online to check current pricing as a matter of interest, Then noticed Autodesk decided to kill it off this year, thankfully, we purchased a standalone version some time ago before Autodesk took over.
    They are pushing Fusion360 now I think but there are a few different packages, ASPIRE is another similar package, I trialled it a few years back but didn't have all the features of Artcam but still usable.
    Generally, most engraving software will have the features you need to do the job but you would need to trial them to pick what best suits...and it sounds like you have been doing this.


    No, sorry I can't supply a copy of the software though.

    Check out the Vetric site
    Cut2D is an easy to use vector drawing and editing software package with powerful 2D machining strategies for CNC routing, milling or engraving.


    The results of your printer version are looking good btw
    Yes as of last July I believe , No need to be sorry about the copy, I didn't think it was a licence software when I asked you I would never ask you or anyone to do piracy. I love fusion, I design all my parts in there and cam is excellent for routing , but sadly not for what I want to do. for now ill keep using the method I am using, besides, it almost simple, It not like I plan on prototyping boards daily I still have a lot to learn about electronics before that happens.

    Thank you, for time being, i'm satisfied with the results, I just got to keep traces signals above 6 for true representation, but my hands are way to shaky for smd's anyways lol .

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Hi Tibuck19,

    Yes, I noticed that last night after I posted, went online to check current pricing as a matter of interest, Then noticed Autodesk decided to kill it off this year, thankfully, we purchased a standalone version some time ago before Autodesk took over.
    They are pushing Fusion360 now I think but there are a few different packages, ASPIRE is another similar package, I trialled it a few years back but didn't have all the features of Artcam but still usable.
    Generally, most engraving software will have the features you need to do the job but you would need to trial them to pick what best suits...and it sounds like you have been doing this.


    No, sorry I can't supply a copy of the software though.

    Check out the Vetric site
    Cut2D is an easy to use vector drawing and editing software package with powerful 2D machining strategies for CNC routing, milling or engraving.


    The results of your printer version are looking good btw

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    I not sure. I only give link to a website. I don't know what is freeware,shareware,freemium,premium,pro,crack or whatever else.
    ya I got that, by the big porn banners HAHAHA

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    Put a small blob super glue or something else to mark where you want it to stop. So that you can get same size hole each and every time.
    I think I might have something similar around. May try it out.
    I mounted on the drill press, It has a depth stopper, I found the sweet spot for the 20 thous hole and im set to drill! So far I drilled 20 or so holes and there is no change in size lol hey for 5 dollar stainless steel drill bit lmooo ! hard to go wrong. im sure it will out last any bit I could buy, Plus there is a flat side so using a tiny metal file, reshaping is a snap. if you have said tool please try! I want to know im not the only one that lives on the wild side lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by Tibuck19 View Post
    Thanks dB, is artcam free to use like fusion and meshmixer or do I need a licence's for it ?
    I not sure. I only give link to a website. I don't know what is freeware,shareware,freemium,premium,pro,crack or whatever else.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Put a small blob super glue or something else to mark where you want it to stop. So that you can get same size hole each and every time.
    I think I might have something similar around. May try it out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    Originally posted by waltr View Post
    Yes.
    0.020 inch = 0.5mm is the smallest I have used.

    Other is a 0.035inch = 0.9mm drill for header pins (0.024 inch square pins).
    Your all going to call me nuts, but I've been experimenting lol And I just have to share with you all! it might be a money saver ! As I mentioned before, I am awaiting for drill bits, in mean while I was hunting around my old boxes that I had a few Megatool drill and routing bits from when I was working for Electropac, long story short! no more 0.020 bits but I did find my airbrush nozzle repair tool, I mounted in the drill press and tried drilling with it ! and to my surprise, it works rather well! no chipping its a perfect 0.020 hole, and if I need bigger I just drill deeper . this is the tool I am talking about. https://www.amazon.com/HUBEST-Airbru.../dp/B078S4GS47

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    Thanks dB, is artcam free to use like fusion and meshmixer or do I need a licence's for it ?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X