No announcement yet.

OKM Inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The user interface could have been a sham, I mean when you try different modes or adjust different parameters, it does absolutely nothing different. For example, you turn up sensitivity or power setting on the screen, but it is ONLY changing on the screen, nothing going on elswhere in the detector circuit. It was possibly a contrivance to fool people for the big price.
    I can recall a video on EEVBLOG where Dave tested a device which plugged into usb in car for better fuel efficiency.
    LED started to blink furiously as if to show the device was kicking into action, then another LED came on to show the device is now saving fuel. When he checked out the circuit in a teardown video, he observed that the USB data pins were not even connected, only the B+ and Ground. Turns out that it was just a fancy LED flashing circuit.

Comment

The best thing is not wasting any time with OKM at all !!
      Ignore them, hate them, don't buy any of their products
      and warn your friends about not to buy any of their crap.

Because they are like scandalous Showbiz-Stars!
      Motto: "Bad reputation is good reputation!"

Comment

Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
        Ahmed - Please read the forum rules -> Basic Rules of the Forums
        This is LRL nonsense from OKM. If you want to discuss these devices, then please register at www.longrangelocators.com.

Also, I have removed the other two almost identical threads that you started on the same subject.
        hi ok im sory

Comment

Originally posted by Funfinder View Post
          The best thing is not wasting any time with OKM at all !!
          Ignore them, hate them, don't buy any of their products
          and warn your friends about not to buy any of their crap.

Because they are like scandalous Showbiz-Stars!
          Motto: "Bad reputation is good reputation!"
          Many of their products are magnetometers, gradiometers.
          Decently made and usable. If operated and handled properly.
          So is not alright to completely discredit all what they did and do.
          I don't have problem with such of their devices, i saw couple of models and those were manufactured well.
          There are fluxgate sensors inside the pipe. Operational principles are known.
          So nothing indeed to complain about.
          What i really can not support are bold claims in their advertisements.
          And also i can not accept some of their devices as sane and proper technology.
          So they are mixing, little bit of this and little bit of that.
          That's bad business. Not lasting long.
          Hot prices, bold claims and few fraudulent devices with even more insane claims.
          If they stayed only with magnetometers and put normal prices; they would be well respected company for long time.

Comment

You are right - the problem is:
            People like the glorious shine because it feels much more fascinating!

Its not for nothing called the "GOLD-RUSH" - treasure-hunters love that feeling!
            Just one little step away from the huge treasure - of course ALWAYS, with a bottle of Whisky and "great" equipment. *laugh*

White-vests-scoundrels as OKM take advantage of it - perhaps some of the DEVs there are dreamers full of wishful-thinking, too.

They offer something "at least working" but the main part of the deal or "promises" and "lucrative" perspectives are based on lies!
            Because digital LCD-gradiometers are not LRL, thats simply a fact but they still promote it as LRL to rip others off of 1000s of Euros.

Sames as women which are wearing Make-up, otherwise nobody would wants to have Sex with them,
            especially not at 8 o'clock in the morning when they are looking really really "beautiful" ! *laugh*

Comment

" There are fluxgate sensors inside the pipe "
              are you sure Mr ivconic , i've got one and open it , the sensor look like hall effect but not a fluxgate sensor , let me found the pics and i'll show you what"s inside my OKM probe , so you can told me , well , i found the pic , into my probe it is twos identical pcb far 1.5 meters from each over and as you can see , the sensor is the littlle one at the edge and it's not a fluxgate sensor .Click image for larger version

Name:	OKM Sensor-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	358211

Comment

Originally posted by AK48 View Post
                " There are fluxgate sensors inside the pipe "
                are you sure Mr ivconic , i've got one and open it , the sensor look like hall effect but not a fluxgate sensor , let me found the pics and i'll show you what"s inside my OKM probe , so you can told me , well , i found the pic , into my probe it is twos identical pcb far 1.5 meters from each over and as you can see , the sensor is the littlle one at the edge and it's not a fluxgate sensor .[ATTACH]53254[/ATTACH]
                Could be, i am not sure about that one. What's inside black component?
                They probably changed technology in later models.

Comment

The configuration of the coil and the first integrated circuit indicates the PNI 11096 ASIC in a 28pin MLF enclosure.
                  3-axis magneto-inductive sensor driver and controller with SPI serial interface.
                  Information to look for in PNI: 11096book.pdf
                  I built it 15 years ago, so I remember the setup.
                  Inside the black component there is a coil with a METGLAS core.

Comment

I had no thought to look at the integrated circuit, you are clever and it is the good sensors
                    thank you

Comment

I have this pdf, I can send on priv. There is an entire application.
                      Noise level, resolution and sensitivity of 10 to 20 nT.
                      Last edited by Krzysztof; 09-22-2020, 09:17 PM. Reason: data

Comment

ok , send it to me , thank you

Comment

Amen...simply the truth.

Comment

Working...
                          X