"My Front Yard" ER Survey Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillNEWAST
    Very Labor intensive not to mention requireing a Restivity Meter and DataLogger of some type.

What my intention was by posting the 3 Pictures was to Stir Up some interest and Possibly get some questions and or responses from others who had tried this software with whatever Meters and or Loggers they have used.

Hope this stimulates some Discussion!
    Sincerely
    Bill Adams
    What we need to do is make a "break out box" electrode switching system for the EPE Earth Resistivity Logger. A simple breakout box switch would control what electrodes were being measured by the logger. For example, the switch could contol the order of measurment on a string of 20 electrodes. Then we download the data into Res2dInv format with software that is similar to the new software produced by geotech forum member RAEL in his/her post at:
    http://thunting.com/geotech/forums/s...ad.php?t=11415

If this member can make the horrible EPE data format into snuffler,archeosurveyor format...Res2dInv format should be no problem. This of course would be a great tool for shallow resistivity surveys...but for deeper surveys we would need a system with a little more juice.

Does anybody know RAEL? That software looks interesting. I also have lead on a semi-commercial switch that has already been designed for resistivity switching. I think it might work.

Comment

Dr.Hadid

Originally posted by BillNEWAST View Post
      Here are some Printouts of the Earth Resistivity Surveys I have Been doing in my front yard using the FREE software from a couple of posts down.
      how can i get the software x2ipi

Comment

xyz output?

Originally posted by BillNEWAST View Post
        Here are some Printouts of the Earth Resistivity Surveys I have Been doing in my front yard using the FREE software from a couple of posts down.
        hi billnewast,

what is the raw file format? is it xyz format also? if it is, may i request for the xyz data you have on your backyard test survey because i want to test your data using surfer if it is possible, as one member Klaud says it can be done to surfer...or you can email the xyz data to [email protected]....

im on the process of studying also the data output of a resistivity

thank you

Comment

Where is program x2ipi ?

http://geoelectric.ru/x2ipi.htm

http://geophys.geol.msu.ru/x2ipi/x2ipi.html

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            hi billnewast,

what is the raw file format? is it xyz format also?

thank you
            go to http://www.geoelectrical.com/ and download the manual and lecture notes. They have format there. It is res2Dinv is inversion software (I think this is what you are talking about). FYI, Surfer will only display data, it will not run inversion.

Comment

Bill, I'm working a copper prospect in Nevada. Found some large (golfball to 2lb) 83% copper nodules down there. I'd like to do a resistivity survey across the ridge where I suspect the vein is located. I'll be going back down in 2 or 3 weeks. I just bought a Delta Pulse deep PI, and will try that on this coming trip, as well as doing some hand digging. I'm looking forward to building and trying a resistivity meter.
              Jim

Comment

Jim, I only ment this thread as a reference, not a place to post a reply on. It was last accessed on 12/2007. I on the otherhand last posted here on 9/11/2005. I usually Stop Posting on Threads that are Hijacked by others or Posters Don't have a Clue about the subject and haven't done their research on the subject. This thread was started to help and show others that you didn't have to have EXPENSIVE Commercial Crap to do surveys with this method. The first thing those with the ego problem did was to ASSSUUMMEEE I didn't know what I was doing. I was living on SSDI and didn't have any Extra $$$ to spend on Equipment.
                The list of things I used was;
                An Old Keithly VOM I had gotten for free and repaired .
                A 12 VDC car battery.
                some Copper Coated Welding Rod cut to length and mounted with 4" long 1 1/2" dia dowels.
                a couple of rolls of Radio Shack Clear coated Speaker Wire turned into two, it was zip cord.
                and a Clobbered togeather Break-Out Box to switch polarities with.
                a pencil and graph paper to record my readings for transfer to the computer later.
                AND A well researched and grounded understanding of the Formulas needed to computed the Pretty Pictures I posted.
                My intent was to Help and Stimulate a collaborative effort, but that seemed to Fizzle out when the thread was hijacked.
                I hope you haven't taken any of the above to imply you are doing any of the sort.
                I do believe that you are as honest and candid and just trying to find a way to get your Deposit delinted for sale or exploitation by yourself or another JR mining company.
                There are other easier methods to find the boundaries of your deposit, and cost less also, i.e. less than a couple hundred dollars.

Comment

Sent you a PM, Bill.
                  Jim

Comment

good evening, having started the following project: design of an elaborate resistivity meter, and gleaning information here and there on the subject I ask you a small technical question: "given that we must reverse the polarities of the TX emitting probes, do we need to also invert the RX reception probes and what is the ideal duration of the inversion.
                    thank you

Comment

AK48, Stop Posting on This Thread!!!
                      If you would have READ the Whole Thread then you would have SEEN that It is DEAD!!!
                      I posted the above so JIM could see the 3 *.png pics at the beginning.
                      I have redirected him to the Original thread we had started on and told him NOT to post here anymore.
                      Go Here https://www.geotech1.com/forums/show...y-Instruments-! to find your Answer and continue on that NEW Current Thread.
                      I TRY to Keep All Posts on 1 thread so People who are new don't get confused and have Gaps in info.
                      Sincerely
                      Bill Adams

Comment

Working...
                      X