No announcement yet.

OKM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the term "geophysical equipment" is more flexible (for non "geophysical eyes") , so i must change a little my question: give us an example ,soil type,anomaly type and size(metal or void) and the depth of detection.
    When i say detection for a metal (this term is far more flexible) i mean a indication at least one order of magnitude higher than the overall noise or ground signals (and not variations with shiny pseudo-colors).

Comment

Magnetic sensor in the Rover C by OKM

Hello everyone
      Would you like to see what sensor is in the Rover C unit?
      Check it out and see for yourself.
      So Mr Frank please explain how your unit is functioning and what exactly does it detect? We all know that this sensor will only detect ferrite metals and voids.
      Thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Astrodetect View Post
        Hello everyone
        Would you like to see what sensor is in the Rover C unit?
        Check it out and see for yourself.
        So Mr Frank please explain how your unit is functioning and what exactly does it detect? We all know that this sensor will only detect ferrite metals and voids.
        Thank you
        Hi Astrodetect,
        Do you mind if I add a few more questions? I hope not.
        Do you know how many of these sensors are inside the unit?
        Does it do some sort of differential measurement or is it only recording single measurements?
        Another thing, if it detects voids and ferrous metals because they disrupt the magnetic field of the earth, wouldn't be the same in the case of any other object large enough to create the same effect?
        Do you know what do they mean by geoelectrical detector?
        What are the conditions of the area under investigation that are considered favorable vs. unfavorable?
        What would it be the detection threshold?
        Regards,
        RA

Comment

oz neil

Hi, Love the info on OKm Rover, I have an OKM Future 2005 and need info on this equipment, is it also Stefan Mayer? Does anyone know where to locate a field service manual.

Comment

OKM devices

I have seen when my friends test OKM devices:
            - exp 4000
            - rover C (old version)
            - GEMS

All that I can say - it is simple gradientometer and magnetometer system, nothing else. Proton magnetometers, Hall effect magnetometers, Cesium (Kalium) vapor magnetometers are more and more better then OKM.
            I think that OKM have popularity from novice searchers without any theoretical knowledge regarding geophysical instruments.

Comment

okm

A week ago I found out that somebody I know went to Germany to buy a georadar. He has less than average inteligence ,so I sent him a very simple text message- "Never ever buy anything by OKM. Even if it's free do not take it". Guess what? He bought an OKM for 10,000 euro and he's coming back in a couple of days. What do you say to such extreme stupidity? I give up. Just like the lottery is a tax for people who don't know math, OKM is punishment for people who are extremely dumb and deserve to lose there money and who will ,for the rest of there miserable lives look at pictures of rust spots in the ground.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to post a reply, it is technical information i am seeking.

Comment

Originally posted by bulsack View Post
                  ...What do you say to such extreme stupidity? I give up. Just like the lottery is a tax for people who don't know math, OKM is punishment for people who are extremely dumb and deserve to lose there money..
                  nice post

Comment

I agree 100% with Bulsack...i see working Okm device and it is a loose money pit...

Comment

A week ago I found out that somebody I know went to Germany to buy a georadar. He has less than average inteligence ,so I sent him a very simple text message- "Never ever buy anything by OKM. Even if it's free do not take it". Guess what? He bought an OKM for 10,000 euro and he's coming back in a couple of days. What do you say to such extreme stupidity? I give up. Just like the lottery is a tax for people who don't know math, OKM is punishment for people who are extremely dumb and deserve to lose there money and who will ,for the rest of there miserable lives look at pictures of rust spots in the ground.

Excellent story, bulsack, thanks, but useless for dumb naive. Will always find a sucker that will allow OKM survival.

Comment

Let's say somebody is to build the $150 magnetometer featured on this website ,hookes it up to a free or cracked 3D program. How would it be different than the OKM that costs as much as a brand new Mercedes-Benz? I will provide the OKM EXP 4000 with the (top of the line) super sensor for this test.

It is true! That's why this forum is so great - saves your money!

Make EPE gradiometer and you will have nice and interesting device that you can use and understand it's wotking principles.
                        And all that for small money.
                        Basically EPE ($150) is very simillar to OKM Gems (4200 euros !!! )

Comment

"....OKM claims:
                          The Super Sensor is a specialized antenna which offers professional metal detection features. Small metallic targets such as gold nuggets, coins, rings, jewelry and other valuable metallic objects hidden under the ground can be located easily with this antenna. Also it is very suitable to detect larger objects like boxes, bunkers, pipes, chests, gold or silver bars and other metallic masses which are buried deep under the surface or which are difficult to locate with standard GPR antennas.

Those claims are an insult to my intellect....
                          "

And my too!
                          They claim just oposite than reality!
                          Magnetometers/Gradiometers are well know to be total "blind" on paramagnetics and diamagnetics!
                          Good only for locating ferromagnetics.
                          I made EPE (also tested OKM2003,Gems and Rover) and for sure those are useable at some situations. But those CAN NOT locate gold nuggets, coins, rings, jewelry and other valuable metallic object! Those CAN locate only iron and alloys with iron.
                          I went with Rover to visit a friend. In his backyard were huge piles of Al pipes (for plant irrigation), 6 meters long and 15cm diammeter. Maybe 500-800kg mass on a piles.
                          Just for fun i tested Rover behavior!
                          5cm away from largest pile - nothing! No changes in signal!
                          Later in same yard i located rusty iron piece 12x6cm at 80cm depth with Rover (minute after also confirmed with EPE).
                          So it is splendid detector for rusty irons!
                          It can not detect gold! At all!

Comment

Same thing with EPE. Very sensitive on magnetic field disturbations (mostly caused by iron but also by other possible and expectable causes). But totally "blind" and "deaf" on noble metals!
                            Easy to check and experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by cassbiz View Post
                              Carthage, answer me this.

So if the equipment doesn't work, why are there so many finds.

I have also had small finds.

When there is a lack of understanding, many claim it is the equipment that is faulty.

Cheers,

Frank Casser

Frank, equipment is working. Device is usable. I have no argument against that.
                              Problem is in missinformations that are spreaded by manufacturer.
                              It is not possible to locate gold (alone) in soil with those devices. Neither any other item made from noble metals.
                              Those "so many finds" could be easilly explained. If hoard of gold coins was in some iron box or case than it would be very easy to detect it with gradiometer. Also cavities...cavities made by man in the past usually consist of composite material rich with iron oxides. After so many years in soil that cavity significantly can disturb magentic field on soil surface above it. Those disturbations are easy detectable by magnetometer / gradiometer...

Comment

Shortly:
                                any anomaly in earth magnetic field on soil surface can be easilly detected and processed with devices like gradiometers.
                                Problem is not in devices - problem is in missinformations.

Comment

Working...
                                X