Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi to all friends.
    as you can see im new here.
    i want to but a detector for finding caves,graves,tunnels. i searched the intenet i found the OKM advertisment the way i need . but i see here that all you people say the OKM is crap. i want to buy Rover C II . can you please help me?
    also is the Nokta Golden King any good?

Regards

Comment

Hi Bulsack,
      From reading the threads I can see that you know a fair deal more than most. I on the other hand am a novice but I am fortunate to be working in Congo RDC. I buy and export raw gold and have the opportunity to find my own.
      Most people using the detectors seem to be looking for coins and treasures. I on the other hand am in rich gold country. I have bought the whites GMT, OKM Rover Deluxe & garrett Infinium to use here in Congo for serious gold prospecting.
      Currently I use the Rover for imaging and whites for confirming content already dug out soil> I have recently visited a producing gold mine with the intention of using the Deluxe images to help me better identify gold when I see it in the images. However, so far all images are very similar> In the manual it shows gold as 'red'. My scans show orange in almost every scan anywhere I scan- obviously I can't be seeing gold everywhere and i can't dig everywhere.
      I have reads the manual many times and still can't tell the difference between gold and heavy mineralization or ferrous metals! It is driving me crazy...
      I am in prime gold country- i buy plenty from artisanal miners who find their gold the old way- I can't seem to get results with the technology at all.
      My question is- do i need a specialized detector for this type of prospecting i.e. veins, placer, alluvial gold? or am i not interpreting the scans correctly.
      I really need help badly.
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bulsack View Post
        I sent cassbiz http://www.okm-usa.com 5 OKM scans from 5 totally different locations. This is the professional response that I got:

Hello HiiiQ,

I was able to take a look at the scans and they look most impressive from the surface.

As I analyzed the scans, it appears that there is a fair amount of ground water in the area. Also the most prominent target is on the ground but not deep. As a matter of fact it almost appears to be on the surface or right below it.

When the signal strength is very strong there are a couple of indications that need to be taken into consideration.

1. Is there a ground fault that was traversed? If so, then is it at one point or does it continue on in a linear path?

2. Is there a well or air shaft? A well and an airshaft from a mine will almost appear exactly the same from the initial first scan. Whereas an airshaft usually can be differentiated by locating a mine shaft or tunnel in the vicinity. Best guess when such a strong signal is realized is to take a metal detector over the target area and see if there is a hit there. In the event that excavation seems to be the way to go, as soon as the first 20~30cm of topsoil is removed, perform another scan. Is your target still there?

3. Is it surface trash? This is by far the most frustrating. The signal is so strong that you think you are on top of something big. A standard metal detector will help you to determine if it is surface trash. The eXp 4000 has a metal detector accessory or just a standard separate one will also work. For the most part you are only looking from 0~20 cm deep.

All in all, like I mentioned earlier, real targets don't move. This appears to be a real target unfortunately it may be surface trash and I would scan the area with a metal detector to verify that it is or isn't before putting a lot of effort into it.

Hope this helps,

Frank Casser
        OKM-USA

Is that total nonsense or am I crazy? I tried to explain to my friend that he bought a worthless piece of crap and he doesn't believe me because it is so "expensive".
        I taught GOLDEN KING PLUS is crap but it is at least based on real technology and can equal or exceed the performance of a $200 Bounty Hunter.
        OKM is a low grade magnetometer with software that creates some fancy worthless pictures. Don't forget that it comes from the same company that makes the BIONIC long-range locator. A couple of friends have it but I don't even want to discuss it.....
        Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi

This OKM only fluxgate magnetometer !
        NO gpr radar !!!!!

No aplication arheology !!!!

Comment

Hi
          Im repeating what I asked in the EPE resistivity forum
          Is there any of you here built the epe project, if so what was your opinion on the outcome of it, ie is it worth the build or do you know of any better project.
          All information will be greatfully received by me and others.

Regards

Comment

OKM in a word....... magnetometer. WHY would ANYBODY pay $50,000.00 or whatever it is for a magnetometer???????

Comment

Originally posted by Bill512 View Post
              nice post

OKM equipment is just an extremely overpriced magnetometer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Smith View Post
                OKM equipment is just an extremely overpriced magnetometer.
                is getting worse, OKM's are not even magnetometers- just multisensor compasses.

Comment

Hi!
                  These are the magnetometers type magneto inductive. Technically OK; only overrated and disproportionately expensive!
                  Best regards.
                  Chris

Comment

Working...
                  X