Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesoro Eldorado on the bench

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MaverickITA
    replied
    Hi Ivconic !

    These are Eldo metal specs:



    These are Eldo plastic specs:



    You can see that frequency is around 10 KHz.
    Using the coil you specified, do you have this frequency or another one ?
    Please, if your answer is the second one, please specify the new frequency.

    Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Molzar
    replied
    New Project!

    This looks like good next project after long winter nap. Had friend make pcb on LPKF router machine, Hell of machine!!! 377 holes in 7 minutes!!! Board is slightly tweaked version of Ivconic pcb posted here (Thanks Ivconic), no changes except for outside dimensions, little smaller and square suits me better!


    Molzar
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • taban4o
    Guest replied
    Thank you very much!!!
    Now it make sense.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    It is wrong. Does not make much sense to connect it to gnd if already exist center tap, also already connected to gnd? Right?
    Besides; you may try and see what happens. Disc&Geb circuitry will work out of range - bad.
    Look again my pcb, you will see no connection there...

    Leave a comment:


  • perdica 2
    replied
    Only center tap i grounded? or
    On schematic lead to 2nd pin on Lm308 is grounded

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • taban4o
    Guest replied
    Can someone show coil wirements?
    When centretap conected to gnd in coil loose all performance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    I have made centretaped coil and have worked alot lately.
    So when conect right coil everything went on its place.Now PP and Disc are ok.But cant null the coil so I can have a good performance for coin sized objects.Hum.I will make another coil.But this were prety good.And I have payed alot of atention when wind.The sound is diferent too.Even sweeter.You can hear something like bell on good targets.Maybe my wire is diferent and thats why I can match the inductance or something.But the test coil were so deep!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    I have found Eldorado manual.
    But still some mistery.Maybe I havent conected the controls right.But it seems that everything is working.My question is is it normal that the device is acting like motion when in ALLM auto and retune?
    Because when in normal is non-motion!
    Strange still cant get the designers idea.
    Anyway excelent device.
    Thanks Ivconic.

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    I'll try to give you information so thanks ivonic

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,

    (my father passed away few weeks ago cause had a very serious health problem, unfortunately).



    Kind regards,
    Max
    Hi Max
    It was very bad news about your honorable father .i am very sorry and solace to you .
    Best regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Hahahaha.
    Just a note Ivconic.
    Dont take everything so serious.
    I just finish all.Excelent!
    No nise at all.No metter what I touch pcb,buttons,coil conector.
    ))))))Still no Al panels and shield.Wow!!!!
    Still just test coil.In all metal everything fine.
    Now I will make proper coil.

    About the cable thanks.But this is the best I can find so far.Other is just ordinary microfone cable.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I saw those videos. Good. But i think (might be wrong) that DD coil is a bit unbalanced. Also according to audio pitch i have feeling that frequency differs much. CC coil seems to be properly made - according to audio frequency.I gained a noticeable better results with my DD coil than that on video with cc coil. One more thing related to Eldorado static mode; to achieve best performances and stabillity, pcb must be enclosed in metalic enclosure and grounded well. Very important is to ground all front panel commands. Best is to make front panel from Al plate, drill holes and than put all commands (pots and switches) on it. Further to connect fron panel to pcb gnd. Same with back panel/side. Best is to use whole enclosure from some metal, preferably Al. And to ground it well to pcb gnd. Further must use quality cable with good shield and coil with F.cage. Doing all this you may achieve fantastic performances with Eldorado. And finally, Eldorado is much better to be switched in motion mode / Disc mode. Much better performances. Static mode there serves only for pinpointing, i dont think is good enough for constant searching, although can be used in some "clean" soils.

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    video test

    Hi el dorado test video.'ll find information coil omega test were


    http://www.savefile.com/files/2013578

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Eugene52 View Post
    Max , Glad you are still Here !!!! There was a rumor you where in the middle of a War Zone area where you lived , so a few of us worried about you . Maybe soon you will be able to turn off your "submerged in troubles" sign !!!............
    Best Regards....................Eugene

    And to keep this on Topic , Ivconic's work on the Eldorado with the help of others of course , has turned out to be another Great Project !!
    Hi,
    thanks. Uhm... no I'm not in the middle of a war-in-progress area... but had some troubles in last months... expecially related to my family
    (my father passed away few weeks ago cause had a very serious health problem, unfortunately).
    Now things are little better than before, but still I'm submerged in troubles... other kind but still troubles!

    Not war kind... at least I'm in the EU... so not big wars here , at least for now... just when local mall make some limited offer... people could also kill for a chocolate full bag! Nothing more...

    Anyway, glad to see you too still here looking for nice projects.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X