Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesoro Eldorado on the bench

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultimate_Haze View Post
    Upsssss forget to upload

    Cable is good for RH (maybe...looks like) , but not good for TGSL and Eldorado.
    PCB...hmmmm... if you tend to make as smallest as possible than it can be made much smaller. My idea is not to make it small but to fit standard plastic enclosures i had at the time and hopefully i will obtain again in future, enclosures like on Fisher 1265 (sheesh! how many times i must repeat this!!?).
    Aside size of pcb, more important thing is S/N ratio on it. How is drawn, how signal flows etc.etc. many questions. It is not just to draw any pcb and anyhow.
    So...i dont know what to say or how to react on your question or what ever was, reffering posted photo? It was question? Or it was just note.?
    Anyhow...cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    Tesoro Eldorado on the bench

    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    yes, decoupling caps (100nF) were absent from Fred's pcb foir RH.

    But there's a workaround... let me dig the pcb I've made and I'll show you how I solved for that.... but last time was a mess... I still was desoldering stuff, must check it all sooner or later or rebuild from scratch.

    I'm going to post picture in the RH thread (where is it ??? can't see it now...) to avoid flooding Eldorado's thread with RH stuff.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Max , Glad you are still Here !!!! There was a rumor you where in the middle of a War Zone area where you lived , so a few of us worried about you . Maybe soon you will be able to turn off your "submerged in troubles" sign !!!............
    Best Regards....................Eugene

    And to keep this on Topic , Ivconic's work on the Eldorado with the help of others of course , has turned out to be another Great Project !!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    If only far iron rejection is problem, than...no problem at all!
    Coil phase is cause of that and nothing else, 100% sure.
    I made RH already on same pcb. As explained on the thread i gave up once realized that coupling capacitors missing!!! Ha,ha,ha! So gave it to my friend as gift, dont have it any more. Let him to suffer...not me!
    Also had original RH and Colt in the past. Pretty familliar with those...
    Yes..RH is not piece of cake, for sure, especially cose high amplification is involved and pcb design must be complex and critical. Tough task - to put all on through hole and maintain good S/N ration...
    Yet..i intend to try.
    Aside RH for now...what is the story about FT16000 (17000,18000)....any informations, any details.....any schematics!?
    I would be more happy to make FT than RH, to tell you the truth. Much more straightforward design.
    Hi,
    yes, decoupling caps (100nF) were absent from Fred's pcb foir RH.

    But there's a workaround... let me dig the pcb I've made and I'll show you how I solved for that.... but last time was a mess... I still was desoldering stuff, must check it all sooner or later or rebuild from scratch.

    I'm going to post picture in the RH thread (where is it ??? can't see it now...) to avoid flooding Eldorado's thread with RH stuff.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Upsssss forget to upload
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Ivconic,
    I dont waned to post this before tested.But now I have a chance.
    And this is the only cable that is similar to yours.Do you think that this will do the job?The comon shield is only Al foil!
    Also now PCB is nice almost twice smaller that original.Do you like it?It suits well in simple cheep box.But I suspect that there might be some problemes.I will try to finish this tonight and test.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Huh, we straggled to much off topic here!
    We better continue here:

    General tech discussions on all types of metal detectors: VLF, 2-box, BFO, off-resonance, PLL, etc. Questions, ideas, and anything else that moves you.


    and let this topic for Eldorado...

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    Tesoro Goldseeker on the bench !!

    Hello Ivconic and everyone. Then we will examine this one , ok ?
    I think everyone should have this schematic already !!

    Best Regards.............Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    No. Not GT. I mean FT (Fast tracker).
    Those indeed looks almost the same!? Any differences? Must be some?
    I see some big IC there!? Sheeeshhh! Not some uPC!!! Huh! We can not do it if there is uPc in it!

    P.S.
    Look that "mother" machine inside!!! Wow! Looks much more serious than RH, isnt it?

    I said "straightforward" in last post!!! Ha,ha,ha! Straigh.... my as. !!! What i saw recently..seems i saw only right pcb (from your photo), not the left one with it!!! Ha,ha,ha!!!!
    Simple question; how can i get one of those?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • nakky
    replied
    Hi Ivconic ,do you mean GT16000.Grt Nakky.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi Ivconic,
    just read your message: about schematic I think it's almost accurate in last version we check it... in RH thread. I say that cause I saw device working under test conditions for everything but accurate iron rejection... that's the well known far iron detection I wrote about many times.

    I think now, more than ever before, that probably major fault of my homemade was at coil: I tryed to replicate right one for RH but probably failed at right phase shifting for it.

    That's my idea, not that schematic is involved much in those troubles.

    Also, there's also to consider there are some trimpots to adjust there and so far not everything was clear about them.

    I cannot be totally sure that problem is just at coil, but many things let me think that coil is the really critical piece of RH puzzle.

    A new PCB ? that's an idea! Would be nice... also for people having troubles with through hole version. But you must also consider that will require lot of time if you'll jump-in in RH project... cause it's truly one of the most complicate seen here...

    Kind regards,
    Max
    If only far iron rejection is problem, than...no problem at all!
    Coil phase is cause of that and nothing else, 100% sure.
    I made RH already on same pcb. As explained on the thread i gave up once realized that coupling capacitors missing!!! Ha,ha,ha! So gave it to my friend as gift, dont have it any more. Let him to suffer...not me!
    Also had original RH and Colt in the past. Pretty familliar with those...
    Yes..RH is not piece of cake, for sure, especially cose high amplification is involved and pcb design must be complex and critical. Tough task - to put all on through hole and maintain good S/N ration...
    Yet..i intend to try.
    Aside RH for now...what is the story about FT16000 (17000,18000)....any informations, any details.....any schematics!?
    I would be more happy to make FT than RH, to tell you the truth. Much more straightforward design.

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Max.
    Yes you are absolutly right!
    Its complicated indeed.I waisted so many nerves while solder this PCB.And later only two transistors excploded.Probably my mistake while making the device.
    I also agree that it can be made much better.
    I have noticed some diferances in disc chanel.So if you still have your device we can try something.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Indeed. It is.
    Well... i would pay some attention and spare time to 2 obsolete designs; Minelab GS15000 and FT16000...IF only we had accurate schematics...pitty we don't.
    There is some schematic of GS15000 but not explained well. There are 2 unknown ic's...those bugs me a lot.
    Also FT16000... is it simillar to GS15000 ? Any schematic?
    Or maybe somebody can tell more details on those 2 unknown ic's?
    Also.. Troy X3/X5 deserves a lot of attention...again we dont have accurate schematic! Pitty!
    One member here already promised Troy schematic, long time ago...and NOTHING so far!
    So...
    What else? Wilson...Nautilus... those are very interesting machines, i would like to know more details on those.
    We just have to wait somebody to decide and post more details...that's all.
    Max..reffering RH; i was thinking to start drawing quite new, my own, pcb for it. It is winter...nothing else to do..
    So i would like to hear from you once again your opinion on last posted RH schematic; do you have any more doubts or it suppose to be final and most accurate so far?
    Cheers!
    Hi Ivconic,
    just read your message: about schematic I think it's almost accurate in last version we check it... in RH thread. I say that cause I saw device working under test conditions for everything but accurate iron rejection... that's the well known far iron detection I wrote about many times.

    I think now, more than ever before, that probably major fault of my homemade was at coil: I tryed to replicate right one for RH but probably failed at right phase shifting for it.

    That's my idea, not that schematic is involved much in those troubles.

    Also, there's also to consider there are some trimpots to adjust there and so far not everything was clear about them.

    I cannot be totally sure that problem is just at coil, but many things let me think that coil is the really critical piece of RH puzzle.

    A new PCB ? that's an idea! Would be nice... also for people having troubles with through hole version. But you must also consider that will require lot of time if you'll jump-in in RH project... cause it's truly one of the most complicate seen here...

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    I found those.Just havent printed schematic in front of me.
    Now everythings clear.
    It will be raly nice to see good PCB for relic hawk.
    I cant wait to see final resut.Wish you luck there.
    Now I see where to look for this mass!Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    I read it just after posting that!

    So it succeded!

    Uhm... I was out for a while, but yes, I'm sure you're right about... few new posts of interesting content maybe it's cause people found all these tesoro's threads so good... that can't resist making one (expecially tgs/tgsl) so being few interested in anything else !

    I think that VLF homebrew success scenario is mostly related to TGS here... and few other projects (Sasho's and some others).

    Maybe it's time for something new, but what ??? I still have the dang Relic Hawk PCB somewhere (? but where ?) but I don't know when I could "rebuild" lab... so I'm also watching here for something new... see few stuff.

    But isn't winter the right season for experimenting on homebrew devices ???

    All like skiing here... I see!

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Indeed. It is.
    Well... i would pay some attention and spare time to 2 obsolete designs; Minelab GS15000 and FT16000...IF only we had accurate schematics...pitty we don't.
    There is some schematic of GS15000 but not explained well. There are 2 unknown ic's...those bugs me a lot.
    Also FT16000... is it simillar to GS15000 ? Any schematic?
    Or maybe somebody can tell more details on those 2 unknown ic's?
    Also.. Troy X3/X5 deserves a lot of attention...again we dont have accurate schematic! Pitty!
    One member here already promised Troy schematic, long time ago...and NOTHING so far!
    So...
    What else? Wilson...Nautilus... those are very interesting machines, i would like to know more details on those.
    We just have to wait somebody to decide and post more details...that's all.
    Max..reffering RH; i was thinking to start drawing quite new, my own, pcb for it. It is winter...nothing else to do..
    So i would like to hear from you once again your opinion on last posted RH schematic; do you have any more doubts or it suppose to be final and most accurate so far?
    Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Max.
    If you can find this RH PCB I have some Ideas for you!
    And this eldorado is promising now.Also Sashos S1.
    All sweet and easy.
    You also might be interested in deepers.
    EPE....

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X